The best cache swap ever

HazelS

Today whilst out caching, I heard a very loud Miow from the hedge next to the footpath...

My dad and a couple of us looked hard, and we saw a tiny kitten (no onder than about three months old) very wide eyed and desperate for cuddles.

Mum took the kitten into the car and sat with him, whilst we went off and found the cache, and on our return, the kitten was fast asleep on mum's lap.

Mum and Dad took the kitten to the nearest farm and asked if it was anyone's they knew, and they said that the footpath has had several litters of kittens dumped there in the past, and they reckoned this was probably the latsest offering.

I needed no asking... the kitten came home and was soooo hungry... poor little love!

He's now called Cacher, and is the best thing I ever took from a cache site!

Hazel I'm ashamed of you! Took Kitten Left Nowt! That's not a swap! You'll just have to cram it into the next cache you find! :blink:

Kittens cool, needed saving, well done Hazel and Sandiways!

Oh you are so lucky Mark, she wanted to trade a pup for it but we talked her out of it!

The poor little kitten must have been dumped there and when it saw us just wanted a friend to give it a cuddle.

Hope your new "mum" gives you a forever home.

Dread to think of what else Hazel will take home with her!

Hazel I'm ashamed of you! Took Kitten Left Nowt! That's not a swap! You'll just have to cram it into the next cache you find! :blink:

Kittens cool, needed saving, well done Hazel and Sandiways!

Most of the day's caches were small, so it wouldn't fit. Though come to think of it, there was one it would have fitted in.

Remember a cat is for life, not just for caching! :blink:

Yes, I am fully aware of my responsibilities...

I have always had cats, including several resuced cats. I have another cat too - called Buttons who is incredibly spoilt... this new kitten will be equally as daft given a few weeks!

66379f5d-68be-496f-9307-fce9a17a0a55.jpg

Hey Hazel! Take me, too! And me. I'm hungry! You're hungry? I'm hungrier! Got any tuna? No. Me! Take me with you! Ewwww. Don't take her she smells like old butt. WHEEEEEE! I pooped in your cache bag. Do you have a big yard? Are we home yet? I can lick my butt. Can you? Gotta beer? Wanna see my butt? Can we take my cousin, too? He don't eat much and hardly ever poops in the cubbard. Fluffy farted. Did not. Did too. No, it was Frisky. Yup, That's one of mine. Where're we goin'?

Edited by Torry

What a nice story. Our grand old female cat Beryl passed away today on her 18th birthday. For anyone who has done the Blink caches, she features briefly as the begging cat. I hope that Cacher lives as long. I am certainly sure that she will have a lively life living with Hazel!

Our newest cats are two brothers that we have had since July and one of them has cost us £500 already!

Hope you have better luck with cacher.

Eeek.... not good!!

I'm sure the little lad will cost me more than that in kitten food in his 1st week with me...

Oh - and I'm going to start including him in my blog... so all news about him will be there!