false feeling or Just learning to understand

I noticed the other day using the csx60 traveling down the road with the map page up. A bridge that crosses the river which I know the exact location of certainly was appearing much closer on the screen than it was. To be more exact the unit appeared to have us on the bridge yet we were not to it yet maybe 1/4 mile away. Clear open sky, driving roughly 50 mph. As a new user it caused me to wonder how much of difference the unit shows while walking a track back?

maybe its an apple and orange thing?

While in a vehicle and traveling and keep seeing us crossing a bridge on the unit screen when its not in sight

yet. If IM expecting too much please let me know, I figure the more I travel and use and watch the unit the better ILL get at reading it correctly

I noticed the other day using the csx60 traveling down the road with the map page up. A bridge that crosses the river which I know the exact location of certainly was appearing much closer on the screen than it was. To be more exact the unit appeared to have us on the bridge yet we were not to it yet maybe 1/4 mile away.

What maps were you looking at on the 60CSx? If just the basemap then I'm not surprised since it's not very complete or accurate. But the detailed CityNavigator maps rarely have much of a discrepancy. It's not an issue when walking a "TrackBack" since that's based on the actual GPS measurements of your positions on the way out and is more accurate than the maps.

I noticed the other day using the csx60 traveling down the road with the map page up. A bridge that crosses the river which I know the exact location of certainly was appearing much closer on the screen than it was. To be more exact the unit appeared to have us on the bridge yet we were not to it yet maybe 1/4 mile away.

What maps were you looking at on the 60CSx? If just the basemap then I'm not surprised since it's not very complete or accurate. But the detailed CityNavigator maps rarely have much of a discrepancy. It's not an issue when walking a "TrackBack" since that's based on the actual GPS measurements of your positions on the way out and is more accurate than the maps.

thanks, that helps me understand the situation, and your correct just a basic map that came with it

I agree, sometimes it is just a problem with the map. The maps themselves are not always 100% accurate even if they are up to date. Not necessarily the fault of Garmin. Sometime the info they receive is just plain bad from their sources. Example would be streets being named incorrectly. Sometime this happens.