New Coin Idea: Geocacher's Evolution

Geocoinshop.de

Personally for me I am not a believer in evolution and in no way do I believe that we are evolved from apes/monkeys.

So I do not care for the design...but that is just due to our personal beliefs.

On the 8th day, God created the geocacher, and said, "It is good."

:P

Edited by Cornerstone4

...and in no way do I believe that we are evolved from apes/monkeys.

Luckily, the theory of evolution by natural selection says nothing of the sort!

Hooray! Someone who can use the brain that God gave him :( Thank you!

As has been said many times, "Just because you don't believe in God, doesn't mean He isn't there." To which I would add, "Just because you don't believe in evolution, doesn't mean it isn't true." If God created, evolution seems to be part of the method that he used to create. And don't tell me He didn't have a Plan. I refuse to believe that He would have put so much "nonsense" around for us to stumble across, just for Celestial Laughs.

Anyway, getting back to the geocoin, before the moderators give all of us 40 lashes with a wet noodle... :P I think it's clever, but I also worry that it might be kind of clunky. And the comment about natural selection has validity. Why not keep the basic idea, but make it a person just out of bed, clean and nicely attired, and show how that can change: starting out on the hike, then getting dirty, scratched, maybe a tear or two in the shirt... that would go with the 5 o'clock shadow, too. Just a thought.

Why not keep the basic idea, but make it a person just out of bed, clean and nicely attired, and show how that can change: starting out on the hike, then getting dirty, scratched, maybe a tear or two in the shirt... that would go with the 5 o'clock shadow, too. Just a thought.

Now that idea I really like! :P Especially, if you could do it without it just being a big clunky piece of metal with some pictures on it.

Why not keep the basic idea, but make it a person just out of bed, clean and nicely attired, and show how that can change: starting out on the hike, then getting dirty, scratched, maybe a tear or two in the shirt... that would go with the 5 o'clock shadow, too. Just a thought.

Now that idea I really like! :laughing: Especially, if you could do it without it just being a big clunky piece of metal with some pictures on it.

And, if you could put in wavy lines above the cacher at the end of the day, you have the stink factor covered. :laughing:

I like the idea. I don't think we evolved from monkeys. I do think however early man had more in common with monkeys than they would with modern man. "God" created life and life adapts. This is a deep subject for a coin forum. I like the coin I would make it a round coin with the people circling the world. I would order a few.

If we evolved from monkeys why are there still monkeys?

You are absolutely right, we did not evolve from the today living monkeys, but we and the monkeys have the same forefathers long long ago. This is at least a believable theory and therefore I guess that in the beginning of the human evolution there was a creature looking similar as a "monkey"

Happy Hunting

DRunners

Please take the debate to the Off Topic forum....

Input on the coin only here please.

There is a monkey on the coin so my coment was about the coin.

I like the idea but not the artwork. I think the money shoule be dropped and maybe find a way to show the evlolution for the past few years. IMHO.

Please take the debate to the Off Topic forum....

Input on the coin only here please.

Yes, if you want to debate the theory of evolution vs natural creation, please keep it off these boards.

(This is an interesting topic given the nature of my name/avatar)

Things get heated up quickly in these forums and talking about God/The Creator/whatever you'd like to call him/her is just asking for trouble (as well as being off-topic).

Debate the coin, design, etc. but let's leave personal beliefs out of it please.

Don't like it. The design is just a rehash of another idea/cartoon that has been done before in a number of other contexts.

Ditto.

Passing.

What he said.

We don't need to know everybody who is not going to buy this coin. This is an unuseful, dispensible and only discspace dumping information.

Surely the design is a rehash of an idea that has been done before, but not in the context of geocaching, and in our opinion this is the cute side.

We are open for any constructive comments.

Thanks

We don't need to know everybody who is not going to buy this coin. This is an unuseful, dispensible and only discspace dumping information.

Surely the design is a rehash of an idea that has been done before, but not in the context of geocaching, and in our opinion this is the cute side.

Thanks

With all due respect, you need to take the good and the bad. Negative feedback is no more of a waste of "disc space" than the posting of a coin that some of us don't think is relevant to caching.

Your opinion is that it's cute; others disagree. Both have the right to express thier thoughts and nobody is attacking you personally.

Thank you very much for your comments. We know that not everybody believes in the Theory of Evolution. We do accept this, nevertheless, here is our design for the Evolution Geocoin:

Evolution_Geocoin_small.gif

Shouldn't all the arrows start in Oregon and spread outward from there, since that's the site of the original geocache?

I guess I'm reading way too much into a coin that I won't be adding to my seeking list anyway.

I personally would prefer a round coin, and have the progression of geocachers walking around the edge of the coin, with the feet towards the edge and heads towards the middle. The middle guy should have a compass in his hand maybe. He looks kinda lame with his hands in his pockets. Just throwing out some ideas. :)

--Marky

G'day

I like it. Not worried about New South Wales not being on it or for that matter Tassie but miss the Kiwis :-). Would also suggest putting the 5 o'clock shadow back as well. Looks more realistic. Nothing worse that clean shaven well dressed geocachers :-)

Andrew

Edited by Aushiker

A&T - a reminder:

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Foul Language and obscene images will not be tolerated. This site is family friendly, and all posts and posters must respect the integrity of the site.

Personal Attacks and Flames will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad, general attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Yeah! What the FSM said. This is not a place to debate the beginning of life, or religious beliefs. You either like the coin, or you don't, but keep your personal religious beliefs out of this forum. And there is no reason to be calling people names if they don't have the same beliefs as you.

If you don't like the coin, skip to another thread. If you do, place an order. That's it. Do not make us come in here again to tell you to be nice. Just be nice.

Yeah! What the FSM said. This is not a place to debate the beginning of life, or religious beliefs. You either like the coin, or you don't, but keep your personal religious beliefs out of this forum. And there is no reason to be calling people names if they don't have the same beliefs as you.

If you don't like the coin, skip to another thread. If you do, place an order. That's it. Do not make us come in here again to tell you to be nice. Just be nice.

Yeah!

What she said! :)

(Spoken like a true zealot...dontcha think?) :)

Ok, let us make this clear:

The next post about religion in general will be the lucky recipient of 3-7 days off courtesy of either the big globe or the pasta plate. Clear enough?

Sorry to sound like I'm talking down, but sometimes I guess we have to be blunt.

Back to the coin now, mmm kay?

Feel free to cut and past any of these appropriate responses:

1) I really like the coin and will buy X amount

2) Not for me, thanks

3) I like it but you should change X

Feel feel to use any of these responses royalty-free.

Don't like it. The design is just a rehash of another idea/cartoon that has been done before in a number of other contexts.

Ditto.

Passing.

What he said.

Thanks

I think the monkey should be a frog :unsure:

a particular frog comes to mind...