New Geocaching Guide

Shauna

Groundspeak is putting together a brochure for geocaching. When it is done it will be available for download and professionally printed and made available in various venues.

Part of the brochure will be small photos at the top that depict different geocachers going out on cache hunts. Instead of trying to look through the 2+ million images for ones that we think would work with the brochure we'd rather find out if anyone here has some high-resolution photos available that we could put in the brochure. Photos will be printed (2 inches by 1 inch) so they will need to be simple with great contrast and color.

Specifically we're looking for high-resolution photos that show diversity among geocachers (age and ethnicity, adventurers and day hikers), and geocaching locations (snow, sea, desert, etc). We'd also like to show a cache container with one of the "official" cache stickers.

If you have a photo you'd like to share, show a smaller sized photo here. We'll give it a few days and if we pick your photo we'll send you a message to get the larger image.

Thanks for participating! We look forward to seeing your great photos.

Edited by Solo Traveler

This post seems a bit fishy to me. Solo Traveler only has 6 posts, and this is one of them. Seems like if GC.com really were looking for new photos, they would have a better way, and would come from a more notable source. Just a thought.... I could be totally wrong and just stepping on the toes of the hand that feeds me (or something like that).

This post seems a bit fishy to me. Solo Traveler only has 6 posts, and this is one of them. Seems like if GC.com really were looking for new photos, they would have a better way, and would come from a more notable source. Just a thought.... I could be totally wrong and just stepping on the toes of the hand that feeds me (or something like that).

Check Rothstafari's Gallery. Look at the first picture.

Solo Traveler is the Director of Marketing at Groundspeak.

I'm sure that there are better ways to do it but this seems like a perfectly fine and fun way to do it.

I'm sure that there are better ways to do it but this seems like a perfectly fine and fun way to do it.

I did not mean to start a stir, I was just curious. I have seen plenty of sock puppet accounts with only a few posts, so I was a bit hesitant to post anything.

1NatureGirl find Balance at the NJ G.O.N.E. Event

3af7cd08-576e-4b43-b039-5e028ba8d5ad.jpg

1NatureMom with cache .. sticker

47e8600d-517c-4387-8af7-cc1c56008f95.jpg

1NatureMom with cache .. sticker

ab11f61c-4f6f-4b65-8036-30ceefca1561.jpg

1NatureFamily

f1272be3-a70b-4ae8-85ba-514fa23fc533.jpg

CTTrampers

f9288189-eb83-463a-841a-3f9f05098be6.jpg

1NatureGirls finding cache (sticker) during a CITO event

8886671e-98d5-49e2-9bf4-c8a83ce2a413.jpg

1NatureGirl with cache (sticker)

78099f84-203a-4e9f-83db-af2e1da871ec.jpg

1NatureGirl finding her prince while caching at an event! :laughing:

b2605242-96f0-4543-a974-6ef4a7a175d6.jpg

1NatureGirls with Kirby-the-caching-canine

be90f926-9a72-4159-a692-dd8e5437e455.jpg

1NatureGirls with Kirby-the-caching-canine

4ad99a01-8eba-422e-aca0-a8558ebe733d.jpg

HOPE THIS HELPS :laughing:

Here's a couple of pics I took while caching.

My son(Harvick29) and I in Kettletown State park.

JakeHarvick.jpg

The two of us again at Kettletown, trying to figure out which way to go.

RckSkprwitchway.jpg

The two of us on Mt. Higby in Meriden

JakeHarvickHigby.jpg

Maddog1973, my brother in law, retrieving a now archeived RJ Ferret cache.

Maddogintree.jpg

Edited by Jake-2687

Some fun

First time I did this one I had to be airlifted out - PawPaw Cache, Brevard County, Florida. This time the front door by bike.

d6e9237a-d49a-40d8-b91b-6561922b8c71.jpg

Vacation time in Guatemala: MUNDO MAYA in Tekal and Cerro de la Cruz outside Antigua.

e70571fc-a4e9-4304-bb06-c5034f6256b9.jpg

An island in Banana River, Brevard County, Florida.

fca16095-ecf5-4609-adbd-c18a135d3439.jpg

Variety helps!

Enjoy,

Z_Statman

:blink:

Clue #1=Lackey Avatar.