Need Mapsource Topo map

wingryder

I need a used set of cd's for the Mapsource topo usa map. The program itself and the data for the West is all I really need. But a complete set would be even better.

If you have some you are willing to sell please email me. Drop the spamstuff.

thanks

wingryder@spamstuffsysim.net

Edited by wingryder

Not a taker anywhere? Someone has got to have an old 3.02 version just collecting dust.

I have the software on my desktop but now need it for a laptop and cannot find the disks.

If you get desperate you can copy the data over to the laptop and use sendmap to send maptiles to your GPSr.

Fratermus.. I do not need it for the gps.. I have it there already and also on the desktop. I just cannot find the orginal disks for the install to the laptop. And I have tried to install it from the desktop to the laptop and without the disks I am just not smart enough. If you could walk me through this I would try again.

thanks

wingryder

Fratermus.. I do not need it for the gps..

I don't understand what that means. Perhaps it means you mean only to view the map sets and not send them to the GPS. If so, I will not be of any help.

I have it there already and also on the desktop. I just cannot find the orginal disks for the install to the laptop. And I have tried to install it from the desktop to the laptop and without the disks I am just not smart enough. If you could walk me through this I would try again.

thanks

wingryder

If you are trying to upload the maps to your GPSr without a successful MapSource install, just make sure your .img files are on the box you want, connect the GPSr, and start sendmap20. Select the maptiles you want and upload.

No mapsource install is needed.

Sendmap20 is a free download out there.

I don't understand what that means. Perhaps it means you mean only to view the map sets and not send them to the GPS. If so, I will not be of any help.

I have it there already and also on the desktop. I just cannot find the orginal disks for the install to the laptop. And I have tried to install it from the desktop to the laptop and without the disks I am just not smart enough. If you could walk me through this I would try again.

thanks

wingryder

If you are trying to upload the maps to your GPSr without a successful MapSource install, just make sure your .img files are on the box you want, connect the GPSr, and start sendmap20. Select the maptiles you want and upload.

thanks

wingryder

Ok I need to explain myself a little better. About three years ago I bought Mapsource topo.. installed it to my desktop complete with all map files so I didnot need the cds for use. Then I downloaded a giant chunk of my state to the Garmin 76s, decided the maps were pretty much useless on that small gpsr screen. Lost interest in Mapsource, and misplaced the disks.

Then I bought a laptop and thought it would be fun to do active tracking on the many jeep roads and trails in my area. I have a great working Mapsource on the desktop.. but cannot get the same program to install on the laptop because yes you guessed it... no cds. I found the extension cord a bit short to use the desktop (where the program works great) in the jeep.

I have moved files.. and fussed and fussed. The best it would ever do it open and then shut down immed. I am not a high tech computer guy but I can follow instructions.

wingryder

I have moved files.. and fussed and fussed. The best it would ever do it open and then shut down immed. I am not a high tech computer guy but I can follow instructions.

Assuming your goal is to upload maps to your GPSr (rather than look at them or build routes), here is the step-by-step.

You will not be running any Garmin software. None. Thou shalt not click on Garmin, Mapsource, Topo, or any other Garmin-related icons on the desktop or in any menus.

Download sendmap20.

install it

run it

Press the Add Maps button.

Browse to the directory containing with the .img files you copied over. The specific directory is likely called West, if I remember correctly.

Pick the ones you want.

Press Upload Maps to GPS button.

This is what sendmap20 looks like when run by a casual user in a Windoze environment:

sendmap20.png