NGS Web Site. No access Oct 24th and 25th

PFF

I got this e-mail on 10/25

Today the NGS web server (www.ngs.noaa.gov) is experiencing intermittent hardware errors. A call has been placed to the vendor and a technician will be out to repair the server tomorrow (Thursday). I will continue to monitor the server and try to keep it working until the technician arrives, however, it is possible that the server may not cooperate. I will send out another message when the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

David Gietka

NGS Webmaster

And I just got THIS e-mail an hour ago.

The sun technician came yesterday and resolved the error with the web server. One of CPUs in the server was defective and removed. The web site has been up since 3pm yesterday without problems. Further maintenance will need to be performed next week but the outage will be scheduled and outside of business hours.

Thank you for your patience during this issue. If you continue to have problems with the web site, please send an email to ngs.webmaster@noaa.gov.

Sounds like we should be back up and running.

-Casey-