IE7 Images still cut off

Geofellas

Why use IE7 when firefox is much much better and free and updates itself automatically

This is a thread about the images not working under IE7, not the virtues of other browsers. That's like saying "why fix the mapquest maps when google maps are so much better?" Besides, people like me aren't allowed using other browsers at work, so I'm stuck with IE7 there.

Anyways, it doesn't work in my IE7 either. I missed the post where Jeremy said he implemented the change, or I'd have said something sooner...

Why use IE7 when firefox is much much better and free and updates itself automatically

This is a thread about the images not working under IE7, not the virtues of other browsers. That's like saying "why fix the mapquest maps when google maps are so much better?" Besides, people like me aren't allowed using other browsers at work, so I'm stuck with IE7 there.

Anyways, it doesn't work in my IE7 either. I missed the post where Jeremy said he implemented the change, or I'd have said something sooner...

Cool your employeer does not let you use Firefox but they let you surf the net and go to geochaching.com...interesting.

I do agree with you google maps are much better

Sorry if I made you mad maybe there should some restriction on number of finds and being allowed to post eh ? :P

Cool your employeer does not let you use Firefox but they let you surf the net and go to geochaching.com...interesting.

Sorry if I made you mad maybe there should some restriction on number of finds and being allowed to post eh ? :P

Hey, I'm not mad, it's just the other thread was closed when it became a debate about browser wars rather than the problem at hand.

Not sure what geocaching or web surfing has to do with what kindof software I'm allowed installing on the my company-owned PC at work.

Edited by ThePropers

Hey, I'm not mad, it's just the other thread was closed when it became a debate about browser wars rather than the problem at hand.

Not sure what geocaching or web surfing has to do with what kindof software I'm allowed installing on the my company-owned PC at work.

What is the resoning behind not being allowed to install Firefox? My employer told us not install IE7 because of issues.

What is the resoning behind not being allowed to install Firefox? My employer told us not install IE7 because of issues.

Well, the reasons are far and wide, and too numerous to mention here, but off the top of my head.

1) It's a Microsoft shop

Yeah, that's all I got. :P Actually, I do think there are other reasons involving our microsoft licensing and the discounts they give us on everything, but I'm not intimately familiar with it. Most offices I've worked in have restrictions on installing third party software, and my current company has everything locked down pretty tight so users can't install anything themselves.

Of course, I am able to because I'm one of the tech guys, but I'm still not supposed to have Firefox on my machine due to the aforementioned microsoft issues. We do have one machine with it for testing purposes though.

Edited by ThePropers

Well, the reasons are far and wide, and too numerous to mention here, but off the top of my head.

1) It's a Microsoft shop

Yeah, that's all I got. :P Actually, I do think there are other reasons involving our microsoft licensing and the discounts they give us on everything, but I'm not intimately familiar with it. Most offices I've worked in have restrictions on installing third party software, and my current company has everything locked down pretty tight so users can't install anything themselves.

Of course, I am able to because I'm one of the tech guys, but I'm still not supposed to have Firefox on my machine due to the aforementioned microsoft issues. We do have one machine with it for testing purposes though.

Thats to bad companies have to bow down like that. I understand more why MS has been sued for unfair practices. IE7 is free, requires no licensing so that makes no sense, unless they can control what browser a company uses and then hit you on word licenses, that makes no sense either.

Anyhow, like a said we were told not to use IE7 because of things you are experincing. Sorry to get OT