2 questions about Paperless

GPS Derek

Well I have been reading about paperless since I got into GEOCACHING and picked up a Palm Vx a few weeks ago. As I stated I did a lot of reading and figured the basics out and am working on the tricks to make it easier to use.

The 2 thinks I have not figured out and are probably fairly simple are;

1. How do I get more than one past log into the Palm? 4-5 would be better like the printed logs used to give me.

2. How do I load the waypoints from the caches I get from my PQ into my Garmin 60cx?

I am using GSAK and Cachemate.

As I also stated it is probably fairly simple and have most likely read it but I am on information overload and can't seem to get these done.

TIA

Well I have been reading about paperless since I got into GEOCACHING and picked up a Palm Vx a few weeks ago. As I stated I did a lot of reading and figured the basics out and am working on the tricks to make it easier to use.

The 2 thinks I have not figured out and are probably fairly simple are;

1. How do I get more than one past log into the Palm? 4-5 would be better like the printed logs used to give me.

GSAK > File > Export > Cachemate PDB file > Cache logs limit number of logs to export = 5 (or "no limit")

2. How do I load the waypoints from the caches I get from my PQ into my Garmin 60cx?

Don't know. I'm using a Merigold. But, I'd assume GSAK > GPS > Setup > Garmin. Followed by GSAK > GPS > Send Waypoints.

How you get them onto a Garmin SDcard, someone who owns a Garmin can answer.

Don't know. I'm using a Merigold. But, I'd assume GSAK > GPS > Setup > Garmin. Followed by GSAK > GPS > Send Waypoints.

How you get them onto a Garmin SDcard, someone who owns a Garmin can answer.

See, two little questions and already TMI. :P Garmin doesn't put wapoints on the SD card. :P A sore point with me because I switched from Merigold to Garmin 60csx. Edited by John E Cache

This is what I don't understand, I have "no limit as my default".... does "no limit= only 1"? I have changed it to 5 and will see what happens.

Told you it would be something simple that I was looking past, Thank you.

I will now move forward yet again with the new knowledge.

You ARE downloading your PQs as .gpx and not .loc , correct?

This might help

GSAK Answer

This is what I don't understand, I have "no limit as my default".... does "no limit= only 1"? I have changed it to 5 and will see what happens.

Told you it would be something simple that I was looking past, Thank you.

I will now move forward yet again with the new knowledge.

You ARE downloading your PQs as .gpx and not .loc , correct?

This might help

GSAK Answer

On the log page, the date has a drop down and you can select the different logs there. That may be where your missing it. I noticed that last night when playing with it.

I just got my Palm in yesterday and put in CM. Looks like it is going to be fun.

Remember me saying it was something simple... Logs are there on CM but are held individually by date (drop down menu)... I was looking for them like on the website... first 4-5 one after another on the page. they were there rigth from the begining.

Waypoint are sorted on the palm and in the GPS.... off the the hunt.

As for Paperless overall.... Was away for the weekend, with palm and Paper. Paper only left the file once when we were having a problem finding a cache and needed to look at past logs and did not know how to read them paperless. That's solved so I plan to go out again this weekend without any paper logs.

Thanks all.