Semi OT: Forefox 2

dino-irl

Tried it on my Mac yesterday and all the GC related Greasemonkey scripts seem fine. Some more obscure extensions I had installed were not compatible and no updates were available for them but they were niceties and not show-stoppers.

Link

Just wondering if anyone has tried it yet and what their feelings are.

Will the GC Greasemonkey Scripts work?

Is it possible to download and try it out without deleting the older version?

After seeing this thread I decided to risk it and can say that all is well. As part of the install it downloaded a newer version of grease monkey automatically. The cache page map scripts work as does the 'Show all logs' one. On the forum, most importantly, the 'Ignore thread' still works.

I haven't investigated thoroughly yet to see if the advertised advantages are useful or not. Oooooh I've got some red squiggly lines under my spelling mistakes - thats new.

Installed and running now without any problems.

Not sure but I thought unread posts were highlighted in this forum (well their titles anyway) and I'm finding it more difficult to identify updated ones now.

The "Close Tab" option is cool but it's always been there if you have a middle scroll button. Click on the tab with it and it closes automagically. If you click on a link it will open the new page in a new tab....quite cool but may be as a result of an extension I've installed :P

Tried it on my Mac yesterday and all the GC related Greasemonkey scripts seem fine. Some more obscure extensions I had installed were not compatible and no updates were available for them but they were niceties and not show-stoppers.

Link

Just wondering if anyone has tried it yet and what their feelings are.

Will the GC Greasemonkey Scripts work?

Is it possible to download and try it out without deleting the older version?

If you download the nightly tester tools you can tell your non compatible scripts that they are compatable. They may not work but all of mine did. It basically justs changes the header to include V 2.0

I installed it and promptly lost all my Bookmarks. Uninstalled, reinstalled and all is well again. The new Greasemonkey just arrived too.

The ignore script still works, and so does the OS map replacer. Good enough for me!!

I like the small "Close Tab" button on the tabs...

How did you uninstall it without losing everything? I want my mail tab to come back, but I don't want to lose the whole setup?

I installed it fine over the top of firefox 1.5 everything seems fine, kept all my themes, extensions and bookmarks etc... Several of the extensions no longer work but I think i can live with that ( In fact i cant remember what half of them even do.) As for the features of ver2 i havnt actually noticed much difference. :unsure:

Walkergeoff: Tools > addons and there is an extensions tab there :P

Thanks for that. I held the mouse over that when I was first looking at it, expecting an automatic drop-down menu to appear, as it does for the Adblock and the GreaseMonkey options. There is no horizontal arrow against 'Add-ons' as there is against the others mentioned. I must admit, that there was no arrow meant I was not surprised when there was no drop=down.

Minor bug? :(

Edited by walkergeoff