A Glimpse to Dragon 3.0

ozymandiasism

Similiar problem with the 2007 Hong Kong geocoin, the coin mint will now recreate the mold for this coin since it looks like you know what the first time around. They are working very hard to push this coin out the same time as the hong Kong geocoins but I really am not sure the likelihood of that....

The projected timeline for shipping is still mid-December, I will let you know if it is beocming impossible..

thx..

d

My wife would be very disappointed in me if I didn't get in on this one! Definitely in for at leat a couple, depending upon metals, etc. Have you decided, yet, on exactly how you are going to issue this? And is there any chance that you might issue a larger, non-trackable medallion, similar to what Crake did with his Tracking Time geocoin?

My wife would be very disappointed in me if I didn't get in on this one! Definitely in for at leat a couple, depending upon metals, etc. Have you decided, yet, on exactly how you are going to issue this? And is there any chance that you might issue a larger, non-trackable medallion, similar to what Crake did with his Tracking Time geocoin?

Thanks. I have not decided on the metal finishing yet. I'll make a decision when I see the correct samples.

As far as medallion goes, that is an interesting idea but I'm not quite sure

I thought I was going crazy, I sort of remembered ordering the HongKong coins, got them & they are nice.

Now I search out this thread & see I was not crazy...

I cant see if I put in my reservation on this Ozymandiasism, or what the status is...

so any ideas when we might see the Dragon 3 version?

And if I have a reservation in? I dont want to try & reserve again & mess ya up.

Thanks

Diane S

I thought I was going crazy, I sort of remembered ordering the HongKong coins, got them & they are nice.

Now I search out this thread & see I was not crazy...

I cant see if I put in my reservation on this Ozymandiasism, or what the status is...

so any ideas when we might see the Dragon 3 version?

And if I have a reservation in? I dont want to try & reserve again & mess ya up.

Thanks

Diane S

Heya Diane,

Thanks for the msg. You've reserved the coins so don't worry! :)

Unfortunately, this coin is on hold at the moment. After 3-4 different revisions of the mold, I am still extremely unhappy with the results. The back of the coin looks GREAT and I loved it... but the dragon side is just.... horrible. This is how I would describe it: cartoon dragons. The dragon heads look like cartoon dragon and I just cannot stand it. Even the bodies and the tails of the dragons took a few revision to make them look right.

This is the same coin mint I used for the double dragon geocoins as well as the hong kong geocoins. I have never had so much problem with them with the double dragon but it has been quite an experience with the hong kong geocoin and now the triple dragon geocoins. I even had the mold artist to complete the first round of revisions and it still comes out like dirt. You have no idea how annoyed I am at this point.

So after several rounds of revisions, these are the options I have right now:

1) increase the coin size from 1.75" to 2"

2) decrease some of the details on the coin

Number 2 is just simply not an option to me.... so I think I might have to suck it up and make the coin bigger.... and have them completely recreate the mold, by the same mold artist that created the double dragon coin the first time around.... My rep is also going to be on vacation as well so I think I might touch base with her early next year... I would imagine the coin would come out by next mid Feb? Maybe?

What do you guys think ijn terms of what I should do?

The Double Dragon wowed me. One passed through my hands not to long ago (and unfortunately is now at the bottom of a river, if it hasn't been muggled :) ) You have the experience to know what is possible and I trust that you know what will work. A two inch coin doesn't scare me and I'm willing to wait for the best if you want to redesign. So take your time, enjoy your holidays and come back to it. Thanks for all the effort you're putting in and know that it is truly appreciated. Also, I appreciate that you have made the double dragon blanks available. That is a great idea for collectors and others who want to send the coin out traveling, which is what I will do, or don't need/want the traveling aspect. By the way. Equally awsome is the icon, it's one of my favorites. Will the icon for the Triple be equally as wonderful?

Cheers,

nooks

I'm awed by the HK coin, thats for sure. I havent had the pleasure of handling a double dragon coin but thats okay.

You seem to know what you want & how you want the coin so I'm gonna trust in you to do what you need to so you get a coin your happy with as it is your design after all.

I just thought I had gone mind freeze in not ordering 1 or 2 of the 3 dragon :)

So no rush on the coin, I can just mark my list that I did put a order in & it will get here when it gets here. I have a thing for dragons, hehe :)

:) no probs with the wait (I am sure my bank accont will appreciate it!) as to the changes I will echo everyone else in that you seem to know what you want so go for it!

my only concern is that i would like to get a double dragon blank at the same time in order to save a little on postage. is this worth while or will all the doubles sell out before this is minted. i don't want to miss them?!? :)

:cool: no probs with the wait (I am sure my bank accont will appreciate it!) as to the changes I will echo everyone else in that you seem to know what you want so go for it!

my only concern is that i would like to get a double dragon blank at the same time in order to save a little on postage. is this worth while or will all the doubles sell out before this is minted. i don't want to miss them?!? :rolleyes:

Sorry for the late reply... been wicked busy with the year end stuff and all....

No worries on double dragon non-trackable coins. I'll be sure to reseve a few of them for you so order them whenever you want! I have actually been sending them out to friends and family as x'mas presents. Cool gifts!

I hit yet another road block... I spoke with the coin mint yesterday and they told me that since changing the size from 1.75" to 2" would be considered "a new project", they would have to charge me a NEW mold fee. Of course, they conveniently forgot to mention that they were unable to deliver high quality products and the hurdles I have jumped through.

You cannot believe how mad I was!

Well, since my rep will be on vacation till mid-Jan next year (and of course she neevr replied my email before leaving), it is safe to say that this project will be on hold till then, or until I decide it I will go with another coin mint.

I will update when there are news