*NEW* Toilet Paper Geocoin

general_tupperware

I was racking my mind for geocoin ideas (I had a few ideas, but wanted some experience before I went into anything too fancy), and I think that I was brushing my teeth when I had an idea :wub: . Okay, so I was looking at the toilet paper roll, and didn't have any better ideas for a geocoin. Yes, I KNOW it's weird. Got to the computer, and drew this in a few minutes:

fd9db405-700b-4a3b-b924-4702d934256b.jpg

The writing says "Always bring a roll caching..." on the front, and "...you never know when you'll need it!" on the back.

Just wondering if any cachers would be interested in such an odd coin idea, or wondering if everyone will just laugh and point :laughing: . OakCoins' estimate calculator put them around $4-5 depending on whether it had an icon. Just putting this up to see whether people are interested.

--GT--

Edited by general_tupperware

I was racking my mind for geocoin ideas (I had a few ideas, but wanted some experience before I went into anything too fancy), and I think that I was brushing my teeth when I had an idea :wub: . Okay, so I was looking at the toilet paper roll, and didn't have any better ideas for a geocoin. Yes, I KNOW it's weird. Got to the computer, and drew this in a few minutes:

fd9db405-700b-4a3b-b924-4702d934256b.jpg

Just wondering if any cachers would be interested in such an odd coin idea, or wondering if everyone will just laugh and point :laughing: . OakCoins' estimate calculator put them around $4-5 depending on whether it had an icon. Just putting this up to see whether people are interested.

--GT--

B)

We live in New Mexico (oh by the way this is a state in the USA). When we venture outside the city there are no comforts of home and find ourselves miles from the facilities that city dwellers have come to love. We carry extra "paper" in our "ditty bag" for those sudden emergencies that sometimes come. Go for it my friend and let no one discourage you. <removed by moderator>

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

I can't imagine that the design would be approved by Ground Speak, but you never know. Crazier things have happened.

These days anything gets approved. It's a money thing.

I am more shocked by the simple fact that this coin is only here because "I didn't have any better ideas for a geocoin". Don't people understand that it is Ok not to create a geocoin. We don't have to have one that covers everything and not ever cacher is required to mint a coin. This is the perfect example of how far coins have gone and why they will eventually go the way of beanie babies.

Cute idea! I wonder if you could put the Geocaching logo on each square of tp??

9b8c52b9-b3f5-460d-8fe1-0cca73fbfeb4.jpg

How about this? There's still some blank space on the back side? Does anyone have any ideas I could use for that?

EDIT: I'm not sure if Groundspeak would allow the image to be skewed like those are...

LOL Thats what I was thinking, but maybe the GX logo would work better??

Well, in the end, there's already plenty of crappy coins out there. But hey, whatever floaters your boat. It was still nice of you to plop this idea on us. Don't wipe the slate clean just yet. Keep pushing, but you might consider flushing the project if it doesn't cut the musterd. :unsure:

CLASSIC RESPONSE.....I grade this response a 10

How about this? There's still some blank space on the back side? Does anyone have any ideas I could use for that?

EDIT: I'm not sure if Groundspeak would allow the image to be skewed like those are...

They have on other coins as long as it is made like you have to look like it fits. On the tick coin the edges were curved to make it look like the logo was on the tick and rounded not flat.

I'm currently working on a new coin with a skewed logo and they approved it with no problems. As long as the ‘circle r’ trademark symbol is there it should be fine.

I'm currently working on a new coin with a skewed logo and they approved it with no problems. As long as the ‘circle r’ trademark symbol is there it should be fine.

How about alternating the GX logo and the four color square?

Well, in the end, there's already plenty of crappy coins out there. But hey, whatever floaters your boat. It was still nice of you to plop this idea on us. Don't wipe the slate clean just yet. Keep pushing, but you might consider flushing the project if it doesn't cut the musterd. :ph34r:

CLASSIC RESPONSE.....I grade this response a 10

Really dropped the bomb response, I also score it a perfect 10 happy0188.gifhappy0005.gif

party0038.gif

Just an update... We are still hoping to do this coin... Just need to get the funding together and find a good mint to do the coin. Hope there will be some interest.

A lot of people will enjoy this idea for the humor of it; I do! How much interest there'll be in buying them will depend, as it often does, on the price. But I can guarantee you that, if you issue them in copper (at least), I'm a lot more interested than I would be for anything else. And I'm not alone in this.