anyone with a magellan explorist 210

ok took me forever to figure out how to download to it, and now i can't for the life of me figure out how to delete the geocaches once they are in there, i can delete the poi's no prob.

any help would be appreciated

kate

Unfortunately you cannot delete single geocaching waypoints with the explorists 210 series. You have to delete the entire file the waypoints are in. :)

Edited by Blucruz

If it is the same as my 400 you should be able to go to the geocache file (without viewing) and press menu and it should bring up a window that has move, delete, and something else. I just created a new folder for all my found caches and move them into there, just incase I may want to revisit a cache. I have the SD card so space is not a problem though.

I just delete them before my next geocaching outing, I just run a new PQ for the area and when I load the new file it overides the old file the uses the same name, were I live there are so many new caches being place every week a cacher around here would not want to go out without a new file. haveing a new file also eliminates recenty archived of disabled caches.

I have never understood the need some cachers have to deletes a cache waypoint in the feild.

yes i have a 210 and i bought mine as a bundle and it came with a disc to install that had a progrm that manages your files so i decided to mess around with it on summer break because i had filled half my memory so i clicked on i think it was manage pois and up came this note pad document with all these numbers so i thought how in the world am i supposed to delete these things by deleting them off this well i did any way i trashed all the pois i found by just backspacing all the numbers and letters in each rowhtat had the name at the end of the pois that i didnt want and i did a file save and i unplugged my gps and instead of 250 points taken up i had 40!!! i cant belived how i figured it out.

well anyway ihave a question of my own to other 210 owners i need to know how do i recharge the batteries ive tried because in the help folder on my gps it said i could but it wont chargeany help would be great.

well anyway ihave a question of my own to other 210 owners i need to know how do i recharge the batteries ive tried because in the help folder on my gps it said i could but it wont chargeany help would be great.

The 210 won't recharge batteries; you would need to remove them and stick them in an external charger. Only the 4/5/600 have a Li-ion battery that recharges in the GPS.