gps screen and computer screen

tallyho22

I started a thread asking if I could view my position on a computer screen on mapsend topo 3D or something but no one knew!! :laughing:

You could use Nroute from Garmin for free - probably not show much, or use Delorme products.

Might set your GPS to demo to get it to do something.

Is there a way to connect ur gps to the computer so that the screen of the gps shows up on ur laptop or desktop screen?

not quite sure what you're asking but in case you are...

there is no way to take your gps display and "make it big" by somehow connecting it to a laptop. as others have pointed out there are other programs designed to work with a gps-connected-to-a-laptop (like nroute) that can turn your laptop into a large screen gps.

but a way to just have the small display of your gps made bigger by hooking to a laptop - nope, sorry.

well, you could buy a fresnel lens but that's another story...

Edited by Vlad
Is there a way to connect ur gps to the computer so that the screen of the gps shows up on ur laptop or desktop screen?

not quite sure what you're asking but in case you are...

there is no way to take your gps display and "make it big" by somehow connecting it to a laptop. as others have pointed out there are other programs designed to work with a gps-connected-to-a-laptop (like nroute) that can turn your laptop into a large screen gps.

but a way to just have the small display of your gps made bigger by hooking to a laptop - nope, sorry.

well, you could buy a fresnel lens but that's another story...

Thanks for the info. The info from gsak and GC can be viewed on a computer screen which can be projected on to a wall screen using the proper equip. Thought I would ask .

Tallyho22

Thanks for the info. The info from gsak and GC can be viewed on a computer screen which can be projected on to a wall screen using the proper equip. Thought I would ask .

Tallyho22

I know someone who is a teacher. In the classrooms they have an Elmo Visual Presenter. They even have complete zooming capabilities. You could put your GPS under the camera and zoom in on the screen. Alternately, you could do the same if you have a digital movie camera. You can hook that up to an LCD projector. If a computer and the camera has firewire, then you can display the image on the computer screen. A very good webcam might even be able to do the same thing.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but...

With a Bluetooth GPS receiver, there are several utilities that will display a "star map" of satellites, and/or a bar graph of signal strength, your lat/long, heading, and speed. And, of course, with the right mapping software, your position on the face of the world.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but...

With a Bluetooth GPS receiver, there are several utilities that will display a "star map" of satellites, and/or a bar graph of signal strength, your lat/long, heading, and speed. And, of course, with the right mapping software, your position on the face of the world.

Is there a way to connect mylaptop to mytv so several people can view GC or GSak at once without any additional equipment.

thanks

Tallyho22

I started a thread asking if I could view my position on a computer screen on mapsend topo 3D or something but no one knew!! :unsure:

Yes you can see you position on any Mapsend 3D or DR. You just have to go into your NMEA settings and change it. You will be able to see you position on other maps to like NG Topo.

Actually, you should be able to click the "GPS Log" button on the toolbar of 3D Topo then hit start. Now you should be able to see you position.