Carry On Camping 2007

Hello all UK Geocachers,

Seeing that the rush for weekend placements for Caching events has already started we thought we'd better make sure we make it public knowledge that the COC'07 event will take place on the 8th,9th & 10th of June (same dates as the previous 2 years) 2007.

We know that it seems a bit "German Towels" but it would be a shame to miss what in the HofB calendar is an increasingly crazy and much loved tradition!

For all the mentalists who've been before and to the ones who think that they might attend remember just one thing...

PRAY FOR SUN, PEOPLE, PRAY FOR SUN! :)

House Of Boo

We've just realised that we should've said a bit more than what date the event was on...

This coming years C.O.C.07 event will be down by our south coast geocaching brothers & sisters in Devon! YAY!

The main reason for this (other than the original intent for the Carry On Camping events - which was to bring far flung cachers together in a location they might not be used to) is that we intend to take on the "Underworld" series in the same way that we took on the Quest for the Ring in the Lake District.

Although this is just one idea for spending our time there and we've been assured by Stuey and other unbiased veteran cachers that Devon has the best caches in the Country (ooh! contreversial :) ). So it'll hopefully be a good time whether you want to do a drive-by, get stuck in a hole or just sit by a campfire and share some stories about the best cache in the world and have a laugh!

House Of Boo

We`ll be there... Put us down for lashings of gingerbeer and cumcumber sandwiches, 2 adults (in the loosest sence of the word) Trailer tent, er... cuddly toy, set of decanter and glasses, ooh oh a sandwich toaster... cuddle toy (oh said that already)..

What was the topic of this again !? Oh yeah Carry on Camping 3, Yes is the answer, and the answer was Yes.

Maybe I should of let Tigger answer this one, may of been a little more sensible...

Pengy

we intend to take on the "Underworld" series

Bring yer helmets!

we've been assured by Stuey and other unbiased veteran cachers that Devon has the best caches in the Country

*cough* Veteran? *cough*

Is it possible to catch a train there from Aylesbury Buckinghamshire? If so I will see you all there!

There are lots of train stations in Devon. It depends where in Devon the event will be.

and a large bottle of whisky to share with Davy Boy!

and meeeeee pleeeease

The main reason for this <snip> is that we intend to take on the "Underworld" series

The Underworld 8 Bonus cache hasn't been found for over 12 months. If anyone is over 15 stone and is thinking of attempting it, I'd suggest a diet between now and June, hehe :ph34r:

:blink: can`t we just dig a bigger hole dieting seems rather extreme :ph34r:

:ph34r: You would be digging for quite a while then Paul!!!! :ph34r:

The main reason for this <snip> is that we intend to take on the "Underworld" series

The Underworld 8 Bonus cache hasn't been found for over 12 months. If anyone is over 15 stone and is thinking of attempting it, I'd suggest a diet between now and June, hehe :ph34r:

It's the most demanding cache in the country (in my most humble of opinions), I'd say it's well worth it :ph34r:

It's the most demanding cache in the country (in my most humble of opinions), I'd say it's well worth it :ph34r:

Paul`s got so fed up that he has`nt been able to do this cache that it is now on his ignore list who knows maybe I`ll end up doing it instead.

Count me in, wouldn't miss this for the world. One tent, one Badger and a large bottle of whisky to share with Davy Boy!

:D:D:D

Not sure you'll be needing a tent Matt. Check out the final sentence from the underworld 8 bonus cache page.

'Rumour has it a badger once lived toward the very end of the cave, but I've seen no evidence to suggest it still lives there .' :lol:

Now we now where the stash of alchohol is :D:lol:

Unfortunately it looks like we will not be able to make as I'm scheduled to back at work. :huh:

I was really hoping to make it again this yeat after having a great time at the last one or at least what I can remember. :blink:

No need to hope you all have a good time as I'm sure you will.

Not a blatant bump despite what you may think....

Just to confirm (despite some geo-chat based rumours) that the third Carry On Camping event - 2007 will DEFINITELY be on!!!!! It will be held on Friday the 8th of June to Sunday the 10th, it will be in Devon, it will be the same brand of anarchic camping event that we strive to preserve on an annual basis and it will be organised in the usual slap dash HofB fashion!!!

So before rumours obscure the truth, spread the word fellow geocampers and...

Pray for sunshine :D

House Of Boo