Geocaching Event Google Calendar

Edgemaster

As you know we cannot normally publish events more than about 3 months in advance. This limitation is in place to prevent the weekly notification list being overburdened with future events. In exceptional circumstances we have some leeway, but I stress this is only done rarely.

My colleagues and I have been discussing how we can help the forward planning of events and we have come up with one idea which might work. This is to use a Google Calendar which is visible to all. Util this afternoon I'd not used one before but I quickly knocked one up which you can see here (hopefully!) Our idea was that it could be used for both published events and also planned ones which are too far in the future to be publishable.

Let me know if you think this could work. Also, if you've used this facility before please feel free to make (polite :) ) suggestions. If we can make it work I would anticipate having a link to it, plus some information in a pinned topic at the top of this forum.

Good idea, LordElph did have one here but it has become a little out of date. I am aware with Google Calendar that it can be collaborative, and calendars can be shared between multiple editors (I have done this myself for a school coursework calendar!). And, assuming all editors are trusted, works very well.

I should really add that the link that Lacto gave is good for people without Google stuff, but if you have a gmail account you can get all the whizzy extra stuff that Google are famed for (or you can sign up, and still get it all).

Click the subscribe link in the bottom right corner to add to your calendars. It will allow you to view your own, and public calendars in the same place.

Add to your Google Calendar

*sigh* why does the forum software blow up when trying to add images in links?

Edited by Edgemaster

....if you have a gmail account you can get all the whizzy extra stuff that Google are famed for (or you can sign up, and still get it all.....

Some of us are very wary of the Google Monster - try googling your cache name and see what that comes up with!!! :P I prefer to give Google a wide birth when I can and would resist any move towards us all using a single IT company facility on GC.

....if you have a gmail account you can get all the whizzy extra stuff that Google are famed for (or you can sign up, and still get it all.....

Some of us are very wary of the Google Monster - try googling your cache name and see what that comes up with!!! :unsure: I prefer to give Google a wide birth when I can and would resist any move towards us all using a single IT company facility on GC.

I think you are being overly paranoid with the google issue.