The Sandpit

Noddy

Anything interesting happening in the Durban area between 1 - 16 March 2010??

We'll be down there to do some caching in and around Winkel Spruit.

Any trackables that needs to go to the Gauteng region let us know and we can move them along.

Cool Bananas!! We'll be there from 27 Feb to 3 March...maybe we can hook up for a cache or two? Would have to be easy peasy ones, because we have the bambinos..we'll leave the adventurous ones for you guys :unsure: ! We were also hoping to do the TWIN cache - you know the one of the Pienaars brothers. I'm going to post a note on the twin cache topic.

Any trackables that needs to go to the Gauteng region let us know and we can move them along.

Cool Bananas!! We'll be there from 27 Feb to 3 March...maybe we can hook up for a cache or two? Would have to be easy peasy ones, because we have the bambinos..we'll leave the adventurous ones for you guys :unsure: ! We were also hoping to do the TWIN cache - you know the one of the Pienaars brothers. I'm going to post a note on the twin cache topic.

We'll be meeting up with Ysbeer somwhere from the 1st March and the 5th of March. He is from Toti. Why not meet up at the same place.And then maybe do a couple of caches.

Cool Bananas!! We'll be there from 27 Feb to 3 March...maybe we can hook up for a cache or two? Would have to be easy peasy ones, because we have the bambinos..we'll leave the adventurous ones for you guys :o ! We were also hoping to do the TWIN cache - you know the one of the Pienaars brothers. I'm going to post a note on the twin cache topic.

We'll be meeting up with Ysbeer somwhere from the 1st March and the 5th of March. He is from Toti. Why not meet up at the same place.And then maybe do a couple of caches.

Sounds like a plan, but be warned, we are not as free and flexible as we would like to be. We will join you for the ones we can, but may need to miss out on the ones we can't. We still need to fit in a visit to uShaka for the kids, so will see how and when we can meet. Don't plan for us to join you just yet, make your plans and we'll fit into them as we can. Thanks! :)

how can you not attempt this

798e2f96-a605-4484-b04a-5fc752269d05.jpg

Seriously if you want to do Cathedral Peak cache that is currently out of action (see logs for details - it is a bit of a read) please let let us know and we can make a plan to get it back up and running sooner rather than later.

Do we you all still want this cache - we have two options.... time is up we have not had one "find" by a cacher in almost 3 years - your thoughts please!

If any one is keen, I've got a copy of "Splinterheads", the movie with geocaching in it. We watched it last night and got all inspired to head out! Give me a shout to arrange a drop off or something. The other thing I wanted to say was that don't even try to place a cache at Makaranga Gardens, Kloof. The guy there was totally against it and kept on watching us like we were about to steal something. We had a very professional looking example and presentation though. Would have been an awesome venue...

Thanks bud. I searched everywhere after we found the mess at GZ. but no other spot was viable for a cache. The three of us also took multiple approaches to asses if we had indeed reached ground zero and we were spot on the same area each time. Not even a micro would fit anywhere in a 50 meter radius. There was another spot close by but noting there....

As maintenance man in the area for you I was prepared but GerhardOosMPsa suggested a smaller container as we were able to hide it in deeper than mine would fit. We assessed the damage was due to the fires in the last few years and also that water may well have washed the container a bit out to be more exposed to the fires.... The Hessian bag was probably good fuel for burning the container... Thank you still for the FTF although it was on a pile of plastic, and dirt...

Hey wazat - if it weren't for the fact that you were accompanied by a couple of other cachers I would have said that what you found was some old plastic magewu bottle that had been melted by the fire and not a cache container. :laughing: If it was the remains of the cache container then there should have been some left overs of the pen, logbook, etc and you, as an ardent photographer, would have provided evidence of what you found. :laughing::laughing:

But seeing as you had some honourable companions we will all forgive you and "grant" you another FTF that you so desperately need! :laughing: Well done on replacing the cache and it sounds as though it is a great place to visit. I hope that you guys placed a few more in the area to attract more people to do this one. One day I hope to get the opportunity to find a few in the 'Berg. I haven't been there since I started caching, but would love to be able to do some caches "on foot" instead of driving up to them all the time as we do here. :laughing:

Come and enjoy a Coffee @ the Quarry with Cincol and myself. Get together for coffee and lunch from 1pm onwards. Hopefully the usual mists will not be around so we can enjoy the view over the quarry. Time for a nice meet and greet. Hopefully a few of you will be able to make a turn. For those of you who have not seen Cincol's Geocoin collection... trust me it is impressive... well worth the visit to get some discoveries done. We will also be able to move coins and travellers after the event as we are both going up to JHB at the end of the month for the Great South African TB 2009 race final Event... hope to see you there.

Come and enjoy a Coffee @ the Quarry with Cincol and myself. Get together for coffee and lunch from 1pm onwards. Hopefully the usual mists will not be around so we can enjoy the view over the quarry. Time for a nice meet and greet. Hopefully a few of you will be able to make a turn. For those of you who have not seen Cincol's Geocoin collection... trust me it is impressive... well worth the visit to get some discoveries done. We will also be able to move coins and travellers after the event as we are both going up to JHB at the end of the month for the Great South African TB 2009 race final Event... hope to see you there.

Sorry to disappoint but my collection now weighs over 14kg so is no longer a viable option when flying around the world. :lol: I need to get it back to SA in stages now and keep it here. :blink: Next year I will make sure that it is here - at least in part. :lol:

Oh no! OK Sorry guys... Well most have seen my collections of coins (Both of them LoL) But I will bring them along anyway... Haa haa. Oh and the 4x4 Corsa is now also gonna be trackable.... so you can discover it in a parking lot... Of all places....

A quick thanks for the teams who attended the Coffee @ the Quarry event on Sunday. It was nice to get together with all you guys and although it had been short notice I was happy that we had a small but pleasant turnout.

Just one thing that was interesting about this was that not one cacher from PMB attended.... I was hoping to have drawn the likes of Lost Landie (Who was not able to come), Still Clueless and Forest mapper, Boskakkers, etc... but none came... pity. Granted it was a bit short notice... but still... Next time....

So to our furthermost cacher, Cincol, Noddy, DiePienaars, Flying Syringe, and via Skype we also had CSLYoda and Carbon Hunter join in.... Thanks guys it was great.

Thanks also to Cincol for joining me for a few caches before the event. Glad we could get a few in together... unfortunately we didn't really get to put the Corsa to the 4x4 test... next time.... LoL

So to our furthermost cacher, Cincol, Noddy, DiePienaars, Flying Syringe, and via Skype we also had CSLYoda and Carbon Hunter join in.... Thanks guys it was great.

None from PMB but we had a good international attendance - Qatar, UAE and Australia!! :(

:D

It’s that time of the year.

We are starting the planning of the Sandpit Christmas Event. Make a note in your diaries for 04 Dec 10 at around 11h00 onwards. We will finalise the venue and time later.

The event will be the end of the first leg of the KZN lazy TB race, and maybe part of the start of the SA 2011 TB race.

51d9da61-9ea6-47d3-93a7-96e7cb8327d2.jpg

Now that is something we have not see anything about for a while....

I wonder where it all ended up? Got one.... had two.... know of two more at least....

I wonder what is the progress on this little plane? Did it had a lift off?, as I have one. :)

I had a look at the part that I have the other day and was wondering the same thing...???

No problems Fish Eagle. I will get it from him this weekend. I don't think he is active anymore.

WOW - based on the speed of this problem being solved I will place my request.

CRAFTY TEAM have had a coin of mine since November 2008!! All attempts to make contact have been unsuccessful. Any help of anybody who knows them would be appreciated.

I'll be down in Durban from Sunday morning the 17th, till Wednesday the 20th for Tech Ed.

I'll be staying at a Southern Sun hotel at 63 Snell Parade.

At this point it looks like my morning, is pretty open, as registration only opens at about 15H00.

Are there any good accessible caches around the hotel area?

It looks like "The Old Fort" and "Kingsmead Cricket" is nearby.

Perhaps a local (willing) cachers who could show me around a little?

Edited by DamhuisClan

While we are looking for them, does anyone know where my TB Brrrrrrr has disappeared to? It landed in Duck and Deck but seems like someone picked it up and it got dropped in a cache in Palmiet nature reserve last year sometime (Saw mention in the logbook I think). It is a Coke Bottle keyring.

I'll be down in Durban from Sunday morning the 17th, till Wednesday the 20th for Tech Ed.

I'll be staying at a Southern Sun hotel at 63 Snell Parade.

At this point it looks like my morning, is pretty open, as registration only opens at about 15H00.

Are there any good accessible caches around the hotel area?

It looks like "The Old Fort" and "Kingsmead Cricket" is nearby.

Perhaps a local (willing) cachers who could show me around a little?

Haai Anton. :D

Sou graag wou kom saam cache, maar ek ry die Amashove fiets resies daardie oggend...

Tot hoe laat gaan jy in die aande besig wees? Dalk kan ons 'n koffie of 'n bier iewers inwerk?

Daar is 'n event die aand van die 20ste, maar dan is jy seker al klaar weer op 'n vlug.

Tot later,

Willem :laughing: