The Sandpit

Noddy

The Sandpit cachers keep on taking the 1st prize for humor.

We (Gauteng) have some caching options down in Natal;

1. Going for Noddy’s devious and master minded caches

2. Solving Rhino’s difficult puzzles

3. Going to the middle of nowhere (between JHB and Durban) Wazat’s caches

4. or Blackjack Bailey’s caches

Choices…. choices…… choices…… :D:blink:

Do not forget there is a world North of Ballito :D

Hello there Sandpit Dwellers, thought id just share a little info on our up and coming trip. We leave for Scotland on the 27th July for 3 days then make our way through Edinburgh where we are hoping to try and meet up with Discombob and Goofster, then its down to Richmond,North Yorkshire and Harrogate where the Mega Event is taking place and finally on the 4th August on the ferry back home. All in all about 67 roadside caches planned and plenty to do while we are staying in the various locations.

About the Mega Event it's been held in Harrogate North Yorkshire. So far there is about just over 900 people attending from several countries. It looks to be a fantastic event, with separate rooms allocated for TB's and coins :D;) . So i will drop by here when we return and let you all know how it went.

Hello there Sandpit Dwellers, thought id just share a little info on our up and coming trip. We leave for Scotland on the 27th July for 3 days then make our way through Edinburgh where we are hoping to try and meet up with Discombob and Goofster, then its down to Richmond,North Yorkshire and Harrogate where the Mega Event is taking place and finally on the 4th August on the ferry back home. All in all about 67 roadside caches planned and plenty to do while we are staying in the various locations.

About the Mega Event it's been held in Harrogate North Yorkshire. So far there is about just over 900 people attending from several countries. It looks to be a fantastic event, with separate rooms allocated for TB's and coins :D;) . So i will drop by here when we return and let you all know how it went.

And if you get a photo of Harrogate hospital i would be very happy... I was born there some 21 years and ago.... OK so it was a bit more than that but it would be great if you can get one for me... thanks buddy....And enjoy the holiday....

Right KZN is another cache richer... And I do not think it will be found all too soon. Come on guys it is a little hike and not too hard on the body, the views are great and if you are lucky you can see the vultures circling overhead. The challenge is on...... FTF mmm probably Rhino! But where are the others?

Has Blackjack Bailey left the country? :D Haven't seen him on the Forum for a while. Neither has he been too active with the caching either. 9 July - that is AGES ago for him!! :D

Mmm there is a shortage of Black Jacks so he has no natural habitat. Most of them Black Jacks have been torched... I think our intrepid cacher may have withdrawl symptoms... Either that or he is waiting to lay down his sneaky Black Jack Cache... LoL. Neville where are you.....?

Has Blackjack Bailey left the country? :D Haven't seen him on the Forum for a while. Neither has he been too active with the caching either. 9 July - that is AGES ago for him!! :D

Mmm there is a shortage of Black Jacks so he has no natural habitat. Most of them Black Jacks have been torched... I think our intrepid cacher may have withdrawl symptoms... Either that or he is waiting to lay down his sneaky Black Jack Cache... LoL. Neville where are you.....?

I'm glad to hear that theres no Blackjacks around in KZN. They are all up here in Gauteng. Damm you have to wear overalls just to park your car. hehe.

happy caching

I'm glad to hear that theres no Blackjacks around in KZN. They are all up here in Gauteng. Damm you have to wear overalls just to park your car. hehe.

happy caching

Will be there... And there might be another new cacher joining us.... Was I supposed to say i was going to be there... I though it was a given. I have to put in a cache note and a logbook still at Noddy's request. But I think he will just have to find out if I did put one in or not.... LoL.... Er Cathedral for Next year sounds like a good idea too. This time we better take ropes and drag the man up there or what do you say Stuart....There is no way he isn't gonna relax on the next trip and work on his tan.....

Hi KZN,

I feel like the lone ranger looking for Tonto here in the Zululand region. Is there any other active cachers in the Richards bay area???

Hey there Megaben......You are not alone, Im also herre in Richards Bay. I also feel a bit alone here bringing new bugs from other countries. I am pretty new at this, but its great fun. My mates think I have too much time on my hands! :anitongue:

Hi KZN,

I feel like the lone ranger looking for Tonto here in the Zululand region. Is there any other active cachers in the Richards bay area???

Hey there Megaben......You are not alone, Im also herre in Richards Bay. I also feel a bit alone here bringing new bugs from other countries. I am pretty new at this, but its great fun. My mates think I have too much time on my hands! :D

Yes Megaben was lonely in 2006 - there are a few more of us up here now - Jin & Tonic, Macbow and myself. Think Radebuddyz is still around in R/bay as well.

Yes Megaben was lonely in 2006 - there are a few more of us up here now - Jin & Tonic, Macbow and myself. Think Radebuddyz is still around in R/bay as well.

Hey dont forget the Venters and stepennb. They placed a couple of great ones in the Zini area.

Leftfoot123. PM me and I'll get you in contact with Raddebuddy'z(Gert) great guy, I'm currently in China my china but will be in Richards bay for a short visit the weekend of the 6th Sept,

Welcome to Zululand

Edited by Megaben

Yes it’s that time of the year.

We want to start planning the Sandpit Christmas Event. Make a booking in your diaries for the 29 Nov 08. We will finalise the venue and time later, but the theme would be again like last year with a braai and to help the Toy story campaign.

Sounds good, date booked - this year we should be able to make it...

I'm keen to visit the Rustenburg area for a caching spree - it looks like there are a lot of good quality caches there within a relatively small radius.

I'm thinking of driving up on a Friday, caching like mad on the Saturday and Sunday, and then driving back on the Monday.

Is there anyone in the Sandpit who would like to join me on this adventure and share travel costs? I'm hoping to go there within the next month or two.

:ph34r:

The KZN Sandpit Christmas event is published. The event will take place Saturday 29 Nov 2008 12H00 onwards (The reseve gate closes 17h00). I know I made a mistake with the date on the details on the cache, but the listing date was correct. I have sorted it out now.

The event (Braai) will take place at the Mariannwood Reserve braai area.

If it rains we have plan “B” ready and then we can all go to Mug & Bean in Pinetown.

Hope to meet the new cachers and share stories with the old hands.

:ph34r:

Hey there sandpit dwellers, thought id share this cache with you that we did while camping in Dublin over the weekend, its called Meet the locals gc185t4, great little cache. But what i want you to se is this video another cacher made at the cache, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3LIHN-23vCg . Now this is what i love about what we do, finding places like this.

Enjoy, hope to see you guys in Feb next year

It is with a solemn hand on our heart we write tonight - we, being Rhino and Hedgehog, give our dog, Willow for those that do not know, an Ouma rusk on occasions.... however it appears Willow has taken to hiding her rusk under a rock in the garden ( we did not see her with the GPS) - but are sure she will be able to relocate the 'hide' later.... We think we have taken her on one too many cache hunts.....

It is with a solemn hand on our heart we write tonight - we, being Rhino and Hedgehog, give our dog, Willow for those that do not know, an Ouma rusk on occasions.... however it appears Willow has taken to hiding her rusk under a rock in the garden ( we did not see her with the GPS) - but are sure she will be able to relocate the 'hide' later.... We think we have taken her on one too many cache hunts.....

sweet now thats a true cacher dog for you

Yes well done to DiePienaars... A wonderful day meeting old friends and putting faces to the names of the newer cachers... Well organised as usual. Thanks. Hope fluffy wags his tail again soon.... Why does he always run off with other cachers I wonder? Are you looking after him properly???