The Sandpit

Noddy

I see that nobody has the courage/stamina to tackle my Inhlosane Mountain Cache (GC17ZDJ)! :D At least you can tell others that you've scrambled all over a nipple!

That my kinda of cache - a true KZN cache! well done! great shape! :D

Any takers to join me for a trot up and back in under an hour.... :D

So when you gonna do it, mountain-man? :D The nipple has been a virgin for far too long now...

Hi guys

I'll be in the Durban area on Monday and Tuesday evening (14 and 15 Jan).

Anyone keen to meet for a beer (or a quick local cache or two)?

Cheers

Howzit CH.

Do you have a time and place in mind? I'm availabe till 18h00 on both evenings.

Till later,

Willem aka Ysbeer.

Hi guys

Cheers

Howzit CH.

Till later,

Willem aka Ysbeer.

Sorry to have missed you Ysbeer.

Ended up in Byrne Vally on Monday - and only had about an hour from 2 to 3 beofre meetings again.

Hopefully next time.

Hi guys

Cheers

Howzit CH.

Till later,

Willem aka Ysbeer.

Sorry to have missed you Ysbeer.

Ended up in Byrne Vally on Monday - and only had about an hour from 2 to 3 beofre meetings again.

Hopefully next time.

Till next time then. Happy caching...

Point taken.... And I haven't even tried yet..... LOL. Wait till you see what I have up my sleeve.

The caches in GP were almost too easy, the ones I found at least. Then along came The Duka and I turned so many rocks I was about to go mad. Just could not find that one. And from the looks of the photo it isn't even a camo cache.

You need to try some of our caches in the Drakensberg. You will be glad you did.

Edited by Wazat

Hi all just wanted to hello and bump this to the top again. Its raining here today no surprise, on sunday we plan to go look for a cache that no one can find so we are going to go and try find it. it seems to be in some thick grass so maybe people have just not found it, if its anything like windsockers cache it might be in a rabbits hole.

Hope you guys are having fun that side

Hi all just wanted to hello and bump this to the top again. Its raining here today no surprise, on sunday we plan to go look for a cache that no one can find so we are going to go and try find it. it seems to be in some thick grass so maybe people have just not found it, if its anything like windsockers cache it might be in a rabbits hole.

Hope you guys are having fun that side

At least you're not about to find a snake down the hole over there (after St Paddy and all), :smile:

Last weekend I was fortunate to attend the Gorgeous Gorge Get-Together Event, in the Crocodile River Gorge near Nelspruit, organised by Fish Eagle, together with about 50 other cachers. What an amazing event - memories of it will stay with me for a long time! Surprisingly, there were only 2 KZN cachers present - I&J (Vryheid) and myself (Pietermaritzburg).

As expected, there was the usual geo-chatter and swopping of stories. One topic that came up, however, put me to shame, as a KZN'er. There was a general feeling amongst the up-country cachers that KZN caches, on the whole, do not take holiday-makers and tourists into account, especially along the South Coast where most tourists go. There are numerous stunning opportunities for caches on the South Coast, yet the number of caches placed there are far and few!

Some up-country cachers have even considered placing caches on the South Coast themselves, but they have not received much positive response to their appeals to KZN cachers to maintain them.

Are we going to do something about this? I believe they have a valid point, and I hope to correct it to some extent, even though the South Coast is quite some distance from me. When I look at the distances some of the up-country cachers do, in order to place caches, we don't have any excuses!

As a Gautenger - I'm not sure that's entirely true or fair.

I'v done a little caching in KZN recently, and there are some really nice caches in and around the Durban / Toti / PMB area.

I placed one at Umkomaas (as i go there from time to time for work), but I'm sure a local would maintain it if it needed and I wasn't heading that way for a month or two. Similarly with caches up this way (I know I'd reciprocate). e.g Wazat's Sundowner cache up this way.

But more caches would always be welcome. Fish Eagle encourages visitors to place caches (often leaving ready made caches in his caches for visitors to use). And then they maintain them. So the more the merrier - but I think others may have been a little unkind to you Sharks!

:(

I don't think that any cacher would mind if a visitor placed a cache away from home as long as the cache was placed in such a way to minimise the requirement for maintenance.

Extra caution be be taken to ensure that the cache doesn't become a burden on someone else.

My favorite story is of a cacher visiting KZN, not bothering to find one KZN cache but placing a cache that ended up being muggled repeatedly.

In other words, know your surroundings before dumping geolitter.

:D

:huh:

I don't think that any cacher would mind if a visitor placed a cache away from home as long as the cache was placed in such a way to minimise the requirement for maintenance.

Extra caution be be taken to ensure that the cache doesn't become a burden on someone else.

My favorite story is of a cacher visiting KZN, not bothering to find one KZN cache but placing a cache that ended up being muggled repeatedly.

In other words, know your surroundings before dumping geolitter.

B)

Or the few who place a cache or two but have never had a single find. To top it up they place the cache in a province or even country that is not their own. Eish! I know of a few that are like that.... And the problem is that they might just be in the most inconvenient place to keep regular maintenance, even for the locals. More often than not requiring a 4x4 and hopefully reception for the old cellphone. Noddy you are aware of at least one I am talking about. Look I too don't mind a cache or two dropped by a outsider but at least find someone to maybe look after it for you.

wazat,, dude finding a cache at 01:00 is just sad guy reLLY SAD

When you have two cachers with 1000 finds each, you gotta join the rush. Was good fun. I initially found the container for the first waypoint but chucked it aside it was so well cammoed. Had the others in chuckles as I was still trying to find it, while they were working out the final spot. On finding the final cache there was no pen. Can you believe it, 2113 finds between the three of us and no pen with. So off we went with the cache in hand lookikg for a pen to sign the log. The things we do.....!

Are we going to have a WWFM III event for KZN?

Greetings All

The KZN WWFM III Event is published! :ph34r: Check it out at GC1ATYT.

I will be visiting Pietermaritzburg that weekend from the REAL Sandpit and Neville Bailey and myself will host the event. :(

Hope to see many of you there.

Happy caching

cincol & Neville Bailey

Neville hows that name changing thing coming on..... you know the name is going to stick.... :)

If you don't buckle in and change your name to BLACK JACK we will have to send Willow around loaded with Jackjacks from your caches.... :)

Mmmm - I kinda like that name...

Reminds me of BLACK BEARD - the fearless pirate!

Maybe I should do it - BWhelan seemed to change over quite seamlessly...

Neville - sorry Blackjack - what about Blackjack Bailey? That name does not exist. :unsure:

Excellent! Request has been submitted - wait for my extreme makeover to take place soon! ;)

Coming soon to a cache near you!

Edited by Gerald

Haaaa haaaa ahaaa aaahhha a aha .... See I can't even laugh right anymore.... That has to be the funniest last few posts i have seen in a long time.... Oh my goodness. Great stuff Nev.... I mean Blackjack Bailey. Now we will all get to events and ask who are you really without getting the same reply each time....

Hi I am Wayne other wise known as Wazat, and this is Blackjack Bailey otherwise known as, er, um ah.... (What was his name again).

I would however not go and change Neville's Nipple, that must remain, unless you want to call it Blackjack Baileys Boob or something.... Nah Neville's Nipple it must remain....

Hi, I am Blackjack Bailey and I have Neville's Nipple....

Have you seen a doctor about that?

Oh my this is just too much.... I must go to bed.... LOL.

The Sandpit cachers keep on taking the 1st prize for humor.

We (Gauteng) have some caching options down in Natal;

1. Going for Noddy’s devious and master minded caches

2. Solving Rhino’s difficult puzzles

3. Going to the middle of nowhere (between JHB and Durban) Wazat’s caches

4. or Blackjack Bailey’s caches

Choices…. choices…… choices…… :unsure:;)

I think I need to get a custom caching outfit, covered with fake blackjacks - it will match with my receding greying hair... Total camo!!!

Honey I think I found the cache, oh no wait false alarm, it is another cacher....

Ah yes that's ? the cacher formerly known as Blackjack Bailey who once was known as Neville Bailey....

This is gonna stick to you like a black jack man.... Oh my. At least you found your own cache.... And the worse road to get there too.... LOL.

I think I need to get a custom caching outfit, covered with fake blackjacks - it will match with my receding greying hair... Total camo!!!

Ok ok don't get carried away now you are still only a blackjack... not a super hero... least we foget how long it took you to find one of your own caches... even Willow beat you to it [:rolleyes:]

You would need a outfit made cause for some reason you never seem to get rid of all the black jacks when placing the cache..... Haa haa...

Wazat's Geocaching Note book

Log entry # 582 - 10th May 2008: Heading for PMB today to attend WWFM- 3 at Worlds View. May attempt a few caches in the area including some of Neville's (Remember to pack full leather gear to resist Blackjacks, alternatively pack razor blades and shaving cream, scan area for muggles and search for cache naked and shaved of all hair).

Log Entry # 624 - 13th May 2008: Still finding Blackjacks in clothes after wonderful caching trip to PMB... Now I have more blackjacks found than caches and that is just from my socks, groan.....

So tomorrow if all goes well... it is going to be a long day ending with a relaxed caching weekend on top of the Drakensberg. Anyone interested? There are no blackjacks up there.... so it is safe.... anyone.... come on were are the usual bunch....?

Next time I think we must hold an event cache on top of the berg.... lets see who has the guts.... LOL. How about WWFM-IV on top of a mountain. Haa haa, imagine a bunch of cachers waiting just below the summit waiting for the time to gather..... LOL.

Nope, I'm chicken..... :anibad:

Many years ago, I got caught in a snowstorm on mont aux sources in November, and I'll never forget coming down the chain ladder with icicles hanging off it, and sleeping in the cave below the amphitheatre in minus a million temp. Pass, thanks!! I'll stick to blackjacks!! Neville, what you doing this weekend :D