The Sandpit

Noddy

Now with the Rugby finalized we can again concentrate on getting some caches.

Everyone is invited to join us on Saturday for a trip around the Richards Bay area. We will get together for a late breakfast @ 09h00 at S 28 47.782 E032 05.587 where we will do bacon and egg rolls before we go exploring.

Raddebuddyz and myself will accompany all to ensure everyone finds what they came for in the first place. We will also try to place another 4 chaches to make it really worth while.

All (including your dogs) welcome. I know Rhino, Hedgehog and Willow will be there. Any other takers??? Please let us know so we could arrange for enough to eat.

See you all there

Megaben

We will get together for a late breakfast @ 09h00 at S 28 47.782 E032 05.587 where we will do bacon and egg rolls before we go exploring.

Please let us know so we could arrange for enough to eat.

Another round of geofeasting?? Now that we decided geofeasting is an unofficial sport - please log your comments on the food too!!! Enjoy your day :laughing:

What a great idea, but how about giving us a bit more notice and even maybe setting up an event cache aswell.

The event cache sounds great. If I can recall we are still waiting for Brett on this one. I need to experience an event first before arranging it. If I do a event now we could end up with a new game called Geosipping or something. We can arrange another big event in the area for later this year

This weekend the lime-lite is on Bela-Bela with the Bigger and Better series and we just have our own little mini mini event for all those not able to go inland.

Happy caching

Well done Megaben on some top quality caches in Richards bay. We had a great day out and good to see some others have teed up some different times to come up as well. You and your family are a credit to geocaching! Thanks again for the great hospitality shown to us all.

And I agree with you on your previous comment that B.W. (or any previous attendee) should be the next to host an event ( any one over 150 should now have to host an event... ) NEW KZN RULE....

Congratulations B.W. by the way on you 150.

Another go at Mudskipper is lined up for the last weekend in June.... details to follow...

And I agree with you on your previous comment that B.W. (or any previous attendee) should be the next to host an event ( any one over 150 should now have to host an event... ) NEW KZN RULE....

Congratulations B.W. by the way on you 150.

Another go at Mudskipper is lined up for the last weekend in June.... details to follow...

Well done BW for the 150. Looks like Rhino is chasing you hard.

Jip the 30th June will be the big day for Mudskippers. Anyone that has not done it yet can come and join us. Rhino will bring his paddle ski and I have a huge old windsurfer that can hold about 4 people. This will be a great oppertunity to meet some more cachers from the area so please diarize the date.

As Rhino said Details to follow.....

Will try for an after lunch attempt Bats. Any one else up for a laugh?

I have noticed some newbees in Durban - but they are logging DNF - should we try to encourage them along or just let them be - any thoughts Noddy or any one...? It would be good to get a few more active cachers out there don't you think. Maybe we could have a training day event cache...hmmm just thinking aloud any thoughts, anyone?

Looking back on everything in the last 6 months (since I found may 3rd cache) - where do we find the time to do this sport?

Thanks megaben!

What is going on at the moment .... I place a cache and the next day Diepienaars have found it.... is there no one out there to challange them....? where is everyone....? Now I hope to place another on Sunday so it will be nice if someone else can beat them to it...... if they can.....

Who is going to rise to the occasion..... Noddy? Bats? Whostops? B.W.? Tell me who, who....

Thanks megaben!

What is going on at the moment .... I place a cache and the next day Diepienaars have found it.... is there no one out there to challange them....? where is everyone....? Now I hope to place another on Sunday so it will be nice if someone else can beat them to it...... if they can.....

Who is going to rise to the occasion..... Noddy? Bats? Whostops? B.W.? Tell me who, who....

:D It was close. :mad:

I have noticed some newbees in Durban - but they are logging DNF - should we try to encourage them along or just let them be - any thoughts Noddy or any one...? It would be good to get a few more active cachers out there don't you think. Maybe we could have a training day event cache...hmmm just thinking aloud any thoughts, anyone?

Eish.. If that was me I am sorry. I had a bad caching weekend. Plus the better half is not really keen on the sport. Had to try accommodate for her desires etc. Plus my sister-in-law was with and didn't feel too well later in the day. DNF, well I spent around 15 min's on some of the searches and I have a MioGPS which I recon is not the best GPSr to use for this type of sport. So I may be off by a good few meters at times. So my searches involve a lot of searching. Plus I left all the clues at home..... Duh! But I will be back and I will be better prepared. :) Thanks for the nice places to visit Durban cachers.

Hey guys,

Ive just been banned from doing Mudskippers this weekend due to some family activities and the freezing weather. Last time I got serious flue in the heat and can not imagine what one would get in this cold..

Rhino has promised he would arrange a event at Mudskippers soon so keep a eye on the caches.

See ya all soon

I tried to log an event cache for Mudskipper Mayhem but it is against the RULES..... So in any event, the plan was to go to the car park by the lagoon (co-ords to follow) for 1pm 14 July 2006 and then go get the cache and depending on how thing go from there we can find a place to watch rugby for 3pm after if everyone is keen.

Any takers?

I tried to log an event cache for Mudskipper Mayhem but it is against the RULES..... So in any event, the plan was to go to the car park by the lagoon (co-ords to follow) for 1pm 14 July 2006 and then go get the cache and depending on how thing go from there we can find a place to watch rugby for 3pm after if everyone is keen.

Any takers?

Log the event for the get together to watch the rugby. That is legal. The fact that you are finding a cache before hand is besides the point.

:laughing:

Where are all the Cachers in Northern KZN, are there any? I am looking to go out and find caches not just place them. Eish..... I just dropped off 13th one today. Almost catching up to my finds. I know of two that I must still find but they are in some extreme places and I need to plan a day around them both. If there are any dormant cachers in the Newcastle, Vryheid, Dundee or Ladysmith area. Please get out there and drop some caches for me. I need to find more. It's great looking for places to drop them but really guys I need to go find some too....

Where are all the Cachers in Northern KZN, are there any? I am looking to go out and find caches not just place them. Eish..... I just dropped off 13th one today. Almost catching up to my finds. I know of two that I must still find but they are in some extreme places and I need to plan a day around them both.

I need to find more. It's great looking for places to drop them but really guys I need to go find some too....

Hey Wazat. I know the feeling Boet. Just look back on the second post on this forum. The only way to increase the caches is to start recruiting new Cachers. The same happened in Zululand. I'm happy to say that there are now 4 active cachers in our area and we are constantly introducing new players to the game. It takes time and dedication and convincing someone to purchase a GPS. Just hang on.. It will grow before you know it..only you can make it happen..good luck

To the other guys. I'm going to attempt the Quarry cache on Sat morning 21st July, With Goodyears or Hi-techs depending if there are other interesting parties. Rhino whats your take?? Is this not what Willow has been asking for??

Hey Wazat. I know the feeling Boet. Just look back on the second post on this forum. The only way to increase the caches is to start recruiting new Cachers. The same happened in Zululand. I'm happy to say that there are now 4 active cachers in our area and we are constantly introducing new players to the game. It takes time and dedication and convincing someone to purchase a GPS. Just hang on.. It will grow before you know it..only you can make it happen..good luck

I am in the process of changing jobs and am training one of the tech's to take over from me. He is impressed by this whole caching thing and he now wants to get a GPS. So maybe he will get into it too. There are 2 other cachers that I know but they are not very active. One has a broken GPSr and the other is too busy. But hopefully it will pick up soon. Still gonna drop the caches though so when more come in they at least have a better start than me.

Well a worthwhile visit to Newcastle with 2 FTF's out of 3 caches. Got to meet the Wazat family. We are hopefully planing to attack Amajuba round about i think September sometime if our plans go well and things work out like we want them to, so if anybody else is interested put your request in here. I placed 2 more micros one in Newcastle and one just off the road btw Newcastle and Ladysmith, not yet published as im waiting for some info on the historical sites. dropped off 4 coins for the area

Edited by batsgonemad and his squirrel

And if nobody else gets here in time I guess you will get some more FTF's. Cachers in this area are scarce. Thanks for the visit guys. It was great to meet you guys. Now hurry up and get them caches published. I need to reach that quarter century. Eish....

It would be great if we could get a bunch of cachers up here at the same time. I am new to this so I have no idea about events and such but maybe we can organize something like that, I don't know. I'm sure it could work though. Problem is that we have only 3 cachers in Newcastle. I don't want to jump into something with no idea of what to do. The other guys here are not all that active at the moment. I managed to recruit a friend over the weekend but he is from UAE. Took him to his first cache yesterday. Now if I could just get some of the locals interested.

Anyway lets see where this goes, from here.

We not sure of date yet to be perfectly honest we dont know if we will have the time to with our move to Ireland and everything, it was something Wazat and i discussed which sounded like a good idea but with our time frame i have no idea at this stage. We are hoping to leave the country the last week in September, but am still waiting for my pension money to be paid out to me so at the moment i am playing a waiting game. As soon as i know where our lifes are headed and if its possible we can post a date.

Even if we cant make it Wazat is pretty keen so you could hook up with him.

Hey, I did the Quarry Cache on my own last Sunday - on foot! What an adventure!

I still can't get the mud and cow dung stains out of my jeans, and got poked by various species of nettle, thorn bush and bullrushes! It's impossible to get to the location on foot, without stepping in some green slimy water, but I did it anyway...

Enjoy! :)

We've been eyeing Amajuba for some time already - driven past several times, but never had the time and the courage......

I see the mountain nearly every day. Thinking I must climb that one day.

Even if we cant make it Wazat is pretty keen so you could hook up with him.

Yep, keen I am.

It would be great to get up there in February they do the whole battle re-enactment. But that could prove difficult when trying to retrieve the cache. But if Bats and Squirrel can make it I am sure we could do it in September. It is intimidating from the camp site. I was there about a month ago just to scope it out. We will have to see.

Where have all the Coins & TBs gone. ? :anitongue:

There used to be quite a lot of them in our KZN caches.

Have Visitors from other Provinces removed them, without supplying replacements ?

Will be in Durban on Friday Night for some business, Might consider dropping some TB's off. Can you recommend a large cache (Large TB’s) near central. Also something not to dangers, and able to do at night.

Well Bats has put some up here in Newcastle, still in KZN and There are some others around this area. One that he placed actually took a long trip from the cache the next weekend all the way to Dubai, but has yet to find a cache up there. Some left and returned like the one in one of my Vryheid caches. So if you looking for coins they are all up here.... Come fetch em people....