Public Saftey Announcement

PerfectPair

Shot Gun Season for deer is coming up fast in IL, Just thought I would post the season dates. I myself intend to stay out of any public woods during this time.

1st season is Nov. 17th to the 19th.

2nd season is Nov. 30th to Dec. 3rd.

Muzzleloader season is Dec. 8th to the 10th.

Bow season has been going on since Oct. 1st and ends Jan. 10th.

Please becareful in the woods this time of year.

More info can be found on the IL DNR Page.

I hit a turkey on moring on my way to work. It startles you when a regular sized bird hits the windshield, let alone a turkey.

I almost hit a flock of them this weekend while in KY at LBL. Had the brakes locked up, hoping the 4 wheeler and argo were tied down good enough.

Edited by PerfectPair

When I was still working second last year I hit one on the way home from work. I tell you there's nothing scarier flying at your windshield at 1am. Destroyed the windshield and I had to pull over to wipe the mess off so I could see to get home. Then just a couple weeks ago we had a herd of them run across the road in front of us...just barely missed them.

Why did the turkey cross the road?

To make sure you don't make it to a Michigan game on time.

<moderator voice>Ok, we're getting waaaayyy off topic here!</moderator voice>

Ok, now that that's done! :huh:

About two years ago, I was out for a day of caching. I turned down a gravel road and found a gang of turkeys (yep, that's what you call them) in the middle of the road. They all scattered except for one who tried to outrun me. Finally he decided to take to the air to escape, but he kept flying in a parallel path with me..directly above my car!

This was a very cool perspective. I drove slow enough that I could watch him and marveled at this big ol' bird in flight just a few feet above me.

Apparently he wanted to put some more distance between himself and my car...and by distance I mean altitude. The only way he could do that was apparently to...umm...lighten the ol' load.

Yep, ALL OVER my car! And there was no escape!!!! :huh:

Still, it was an amazing perspective. Kind of like those ol' WWII movies with the bombers releasing their payload....only.....umm...well.....it was a turkey. :(

Bret

<moderator voice>Ok, we're getting waaaayyy off topic here!</moderator voice>

Ok, now that that's done! :blink:

About two years ago, I was out for a day of caching. I turned down a gravel road and found a gang of turkeys (yep, that's what you call them) in the middle of the road. They all scattered except for one who tried to outrun me. Finally he decided to take to the air to escape, but he kept flying in a parallel path with me..directly above my car!

This was a very cool perspective. I drove slow enough that I could watch him and marveled at this big ol' bird in flight just a few feet above me.

Apparently he wanted to put some more distance between himself and my car...and by distance I mean altitude. The only way he could do that was apparently to...umm...lighten the ol' load.

Yep, ALL OVER my car! And there was no escape!!!! :(

Still, it was an amazing perspective. Kind of like those ol' WWII movies with the bombers releasing their payload....only.....umm...well.....it was a turkey. :P

Bret

Sorry ma....I mean....sorry mister moderator....sir.... :o

I mean that story brings a whole new meaning to being sh@t on.... :P

But from the second I met you I knew you were full of sh*t...guess that bird felt the same and wanted to show you... :o

Man am I glad you're in IlliNOISE and nowhere near me.... :P