Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darwinmay

Lost my CSCE

Well... Of course I'm ready to take the Morse test, and I can't find my CSCE for element 3. Will I have to retake the test, or can I get a new one from the ARRL or something?

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

Well... Of course I'm ready to take the Morse test, and I can't find my CSCE for element 3. Will I have to retake the test, or can I get a new one from the ARRL or something?

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

It depends on what team of VEs you took the test with, and which VEC they are part of.

You should try ot contact the VE team to see if they have records from the test session you passed the test at. It should be possible to get a duplicate certificate if they have the records.

Less likely, but possible, is the VEC having records of all their test sessions.

If they don't have the records, or can't find them, then yes, you have to test again.

Dave_W6DPS

That's one nice thing here in Canada. When you take your exam and are issued a qualification, Industry Canada (our FCC) keeps track of it, so if you lose your Amateur Radio Operator's Certificate (it's not a licence) you can just go ask and get it replaced.

You need a AROC with appropriate quals to validate the privileges afforded your callsign, or to get a callsign at all.

That's one nice thing here in Canada. When you take your exam and are issued a qualification, Industry Canada (our FCC) keeps track of it, so if you lose your Amateur Radio Operator's Certificate (it's not a licence) you can just go ask and get it replaced.

You need a AROC with appropriate quals to validate the privileges afforded your callsign, or to get a callsign at all.

That is different, actually.

In the US if you have a license issued by the FCC you can request a replacement paper license online.

A CSCE, Certificate of Successfull Completion of Exam, is issued if you only pass part of the elements required for a particular license. So if you pass the General written test, but not the code, you have proof that you passed the written element. Then you only need to pass the code test and present your CSCE to upgrade.

Dave_W6DPS

The operators certificate is not a licence, it is the proof that you passed your basic, advanced, and code exams (or either one, or any combination thereof). But you never really need to present it as IC can just look it up.

Edited by geoSquid