HTML in caches

I enjoy cache pages that the owners have put some time, effort, and creativity into. Historic pics, links, etc. add a lot to the page.

I've learned font sizes, colors, images, spacing, and a few other tricks, but I know theres more.

Most of what I've learned thus far came from this page. Cache page HTML

What else is there ?

Why not just use an HTML editor such as NVU to create all your HTML for you?

That's like taking a helicopter up to Mount Everest. A helicopter that litters every ten feet.

HTML is easy enough to learn; by using an editor you produce bad code and don't learn the right way to do it.

EDIT: As to the OP, I don't think you can do much more within the framework of a cache page.

Edited by alexrudd

That's like taking a helicopter up to Mount Everest. A helicopter that litters every ten feet.

HTML is easy enough to learn; by using an editor you produce bad code and don't learn the right way to do it.

EDIT: As to the OP, I don't think you can do much more within the framework of a cache page.

Actually, Nvu creates very clean code (unlike Word docs exported as html), and is a good choice for people who want better looking cache pages, but otherwise have no need for a course in html.

any time you find a cache page that has features you find interesting, check the page source. Most of the code you will see is generated for every cache page - search for strings "short description" and "long description" all owner-written html is in those sections.