"MIA" Travel Bugs

vaetanone

Other topics I've looked at do not seem to address how one would attempt to locate a TB when it is supposed to be in a cachejava script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_15')

:P and is no longer there. When one finds a cache hoping to pick up a TB it is disappointing for it not to be there.

We went to one of our caches which according to the listing should have had three bugs in it today. There was one bug there. Also, some of the previous logs said something along the line of "Took TB", no name of the bug and no log for a number of days indicating that it was "retrieved" from the cache.

Having had various experiences from dropping a TB in a chache and then it disappeared, after traveling 1000s of miles, we felt bad and tried to track it down. We released one of a series of three TBs and it disappeared, never moved as far as we know. Someone was nice enough to send a message saying that it was not there when they checked the cache.

Perhaps, on the information page about TBs it should be very emphatically noticed that TBs should be identified and logged through each step of their movements. java script:emoticon(':)', 'smid_4')

:D

I'm sure that this is "preaching to the choir."

If I am trying to track down who might have taken a bug and ‘forgot’ to log it, I have no qualms sending a very polite email asking someone if they know anything about the bug. Nothing more then a “Hi, I noticed you found the xyz cache on <date> and I was wondering if you might have seen the bug ‘abc’. Sometimes the logs help narrow down one or two cachers based on when the bug was dropped and when it was reported missing.

I've got one better. A guy picked up my TB by stumbling across a cache 2 months ago. He read the insert and decided to take the TB home and join geocaching - that's great, but, he still has the travel bug. I waited patiently and after over 2 months I went to his profile and sent a friendly email. He sent SPAM to my return email and his website on his personals is an advertisement and hype about buying into some stuff. I have no way to get in touch. I have emailed twice and get folder of SPAM. ERRRRRR!!!! That TB is history. Gee, I realy liked that one.

I've got one better. A guy picked up my TB by stumbling across a cache 2 months ago. He read the insert and decided to take the TB home and join geocaching - that's great, but, he still has the travel bug. I waited patiently and after over 2 months I went to his profile and sent a friendly email. He sent SPAM to my return email and his website on his personals is an advertisement and hype about buying into some stuff. I have no way to get in touch. I have emailed twice and get folder of SPAM. ERRRRRR!!!! That TB is history. Gee, I realy liked that one.

I just sent an email and your ;) Tb will move very soon. The guy has had some issues, and he will place it soon.