Canada Micro Geocoin and Canada Christmas Micro!

Landsharkz

A new Canadian Trackable Geocoin!

PREORDER ON OUR SITE FOR EARLY NOVEMBER SHIPMENT - COINS ARE IN FINAL PRODUCTION NOW!

This 25mm coin is trackable with the beaver as an icon. This coin is available in two versions and each version in 2 finishes. They are black nickel and satin silver in regular or Christmas editions. The front is our Canadian Cacher beaver with a red ring around for the regular version and a green ring and a Santa hat for the Christmas version. Coins will be sold in 5 or 10 packs, same kind in one pack or mixed in all manner of combinations. We had to do a minor website back-end tweak to be able to offer all the combinations we wanted in the drop down list. This image doesn't show the satin nickel regular version, (only the Christmas in satin nickel), but rest assured the satin looks as beautiful as the black nickel. This image doesn't do the satin nickel plating justice.

The back is First Nation art of a beaver drawn by Tom Spetter, our friend who created the orca art for the 2006 BC geocoin. The beaver has played an important role in shaping Canadian history and also has significance in Canadian First Nation lore. Tom shares the beaver legend as follows:

"A hunter and gatherer by nature, the beaver is known for his sense of community and sharing.

It was from the Beaver's pond that the streams, rivers and salmon originated. Raven stole these & flew away.

He stopped to rest on the tops of trees, spilling water and salmon, creating rivers and streams.

Beaver followed and gnawed down the trees in attempt to get at Raven."

largemicrocollection.jpg

The 5 packs are $29.00 CAD and the 10 packs are $49.00 CAD.

We are minting 1000 of the regular edition (500 of each version) and 500 of the Christmas edition (250 each version) and 50 polished gold which are not for sale or trade. More images (larger) and information are available on our site: BIG image from landsharkz.ca

The Christmas gold version will be gifted to very special people, donated to some Christmas events and dropped in caches during the month of December.

Until we come up with a better name... our Canadian Cacher beaver is fondly referred to as 'beaver dude'. Thanks to WWB for unintentionally naming him!

Edited by Landsharkz

Trying to place an order, but getting an "Action is not Allowed" error page :unsure: Are these sold out?

We'd like a 10-pack, half-and-half, in Black Nickel, please. Also one of the Shamrock coins. Thanks for your help! :mad:

We've tried to duplicate the problem to no avail :blink: and we are not sold out yet. PM sent to sort this out :mad:

Trying to place an order, but getting an "Action is not Allowed" error page :unsure: Are these sold out?

We'd like a 10-pack, half-and-half, in Black Nickel, please. Also one of the Shamrock coins. Thanks for your help! :mad:

We've tried to duplicate the problem to no avail :P and we are not sold out yet. PM sent to sort this out :mad:

Got your PM: thanx! Tried again, but had the same problem :blink: I'll work with you through e-mail :huh:

We've been tucking activated and also unactivated coins into random orders to help get more coins in circulation and have every intention of releasing or giving away many more.... 50 limited ed. gold are being set loose in December in addition to all the regular ones we're releasing right now. It's our way of encouraging more coins to travel and also we love the photos that people post. Folks, if you've got more coins than you ordered... release them!!

We've been tucking activated and also unactivated coins into random orders to help get more coins in circulation and have every intention of releasing or giving away many more.... 50 limited ed. gold are being set loose in December in addition to all the regular ones we're releasing right now. It's our way of encouraging more coins to travel and also we love the photos that people post. Folks, if you've got more coins than you ordered... release them!!

Cool I will be on the look out for extra coins in my order! Thanks! :blink:

I got one of those activated ones last weekend. Sent it out at an event with a cacher who starts all my coins on interesting journeys! LOL

:ph34r: they have arrived!!

the coins look really cool, i am hoping to release one later today!

I really appreciate the free one.

just had a thought. (just one though!)

how do i know if my bonus coin is activated or not (without trying to activate it!) there was nothing with them to say any were activated :laughing::anicute:

thanks

p.s. i released one which i have activated a few hours ago! :P

how do i know if my bonus coin is activated or not (without trying to activate it!) there was nothing with them to say any were activated :P:P

thanks

The activated coins we included are out of their plastic bag and only in the pvc pouch. If we included an extra coin that isn't activated, it will still be in its stapled plastic bag. I hope that helps.

Today I had an order from a regular customer with an APO address. I saw someone mention on the forums that they do little extra things for the servicemen who order coins so we decided to send out our first LE Gold coin to this US serviceman as a surprise gift. It's not activated yet, but I put it in a card saying it was a special LE Gold coin as a gift for him. I hope he likes it! ;) We only have 50 of these, so I have to be careful and make a list of who's getting them so we don't miss anyone especially important.

how do i know if my bonus coin is activated or not (without trying to activate it!) there was nothing with them to say any were activated :P:P

thanks

The activated coins we included are out of their plastic bag and only in the pvc pouch. If we included an extra coin that isn't activated, it will still be in its stapled plastic bag. I hope that helps.

Today I had an order from a regular customer with an APO address. I saw someone mention on the forums that they do little extra things for the servicemen who order coins so we decided to send out our first LE Gold coin to this US serviceman as a surprise gift. It's not activated yet, but I put it in a card saying it was a special LE Gold coin as a gift for him. I hope he likes it! ;) We only have 50 of these, so I have to be careful and make a list of who's getting them so we don't miss anyone especially important.

thanks. it was activated so i have 'grabbed' it and will send it out shortly!