Seattle Caching

Shimski

My wife and I are flying to Seattle next Thursday and plan to spend the weekend enjoying the area, does anyone have any suggestions on must do caches while in the area? My wife is not a hardcore hiker so some of the ones I would love to do are out until I come back with different company.

We are also looking at traveling to Mt St Helens for a day.....is this a good time of year to be in this area?

Shimski

As for St Helens, if you are wanting to view the mountain it depends on the weather on that day, but the best place to go is Johnston Ridge observatory on the north side on the mountain. Awesome sight. You look straight at the gap in the crater where it blew out and there are some great trails around there. Most the caches I know about are on the south side, so I'm not sure what is there as far as caching goes. I'll post a link to the webcam at Johnston Ridge: http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/volcanocams/msh/

Here is pretty much what you see on a good day (old image):

20040924-referencea-lg.jpg

Edited by EraSeek