Server down?

beezerb

It lasted awhile from about 11 pm till 1:20 am ....now its dead again.

Well, I know that it's well after the server crash, and it appears most of the the rubberneckers here have moved along as well, but I could swear it was *me* that brought the system down. :P I had just cancelled my monthly subscription and I was in the process of setting up a yearly renewing subscription when things went belly up.

*sniff*

I didn't know you guys cared about me so much that the server went into convulsions when I left... :) I'm back now, and hopefully I'm fully re-instated for an extra year, but time will tell...

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""

The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Wish I had been up when the server was. We don't seem to be keeping the same hours. :P

The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

Wish I had been up when the server was. We don't seem to be keeping the same hours. :P

Has anyone else experience this error? It seems less a site down error and more of a network issue. I checked the logs and the site seemed to be fine during the night.

Thanks!

Jeremy, I didn't pay attention any more than to see that I was getting "server too busy" errors.

It took me dang near all night to copy and enter all the stuff I had to do... The site was down several times overnight, but would be back up in an hour or less every time... then crash again.

After struggling for a while, I was happy to get it at just the right time early this morning and to upload all my silly hula pics at once (as well as pics for other caches). I guess that's what we get for trying to access the site in the middle of the night! :P Hamsters do hafta sleep ya know. :)

>>1:20 am pst.

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +148

Wish I had been up when the server was. We don't seem to be keeping the same hours. :)

Has anyone else experience this error? It seems less a site down error and more of a network issue. I checked the logs and the site seemed to be fine during the night.

Thanks!

Oddly enough this may not be your problem. It may be a client side problem. If it is it will be a female dog to track down because it can be really intermittent.

This can occur if the client is coming through networks that start adding headers to the packets. Then the packets become too large for a router or server to handle and the packets fragment. Then your server may have problems dealing with those fragmented packets. But at some later point the route between client and server may change and it is not a problem at all.

So the error message looks sort of like that server busy error, but I think what is really happening is it is trying to pull the packets together that was sent to it. While it is waiting and trying to do this it times out and it looks like the server is busy and can't reply to the request.

On the client side a possible fix is to change the MTU (maxium transmission units) setting. But that is a little dicey because it is a bit of a balancing act. Setting it to high and it makes the problem worse, to low and you will be sending too many packets and your response will slow to a crawl and the server will also seem nonresponsive. I would not recommend anyone mess with that unless you really know what you are doing.

But I don't know I am just taking a guess here.

Edited by GrizzlyJohn

Wish I had been up when the server was. We don't seem to be keeping the same hours. :)

Thanks!

10/21/2006 06:30am I have been trying for an hour but just keep getting Server TOO Busy?

Edited by Team Baker

This is what I am currently getting returned from GC.Com-

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +146

I'm not even getting error messages on this end, just endless churning as the browser attempts to connect. I've tried using both Firefox 2.0 RC3 and IE7.

I forgot I had the browser going :) It's been trying to get to a cache page for an hour

I'm not even getting error messages on this end, just endless churning as the browser attempts to connect. I've tried using both Firefox 2.0 RC3 and IE7.

I forgot I had the browser going :unsure: It's been trying to get to a cache page for an hour

Same here at 8;37 est :)

Wish I had been up when the server was. We don't seem to be keeping the same hours. :yikes:

Thanks!

YES. I got it a buttload of times that day (and evening until I gave up trying).

Site down??? it just sits there loading for me. No server error.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:17 AM PDT same problem for me. Page says loading but nothing shows up. After a LONG time it finally aborts with:

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

Still down?

This is the message I get when trying to get to Geocaching.com. 8:50pm Eastern Daylight time.

Server Too Busy

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

I can only imagine what it must be like to be a volunteer reviewer and have a que of caches waiting to be approved when the site is pulling a Monica Lewinski. Probably makes for some VERY long and frustrating nights.

Nah, they just have a [insert beverage of choice], catch up on some [insert favorite show on TIVO] episodes and wait patiently for it all to be right again.

I can only imagine what it must be like to be a volunteer reviewer and have a que of caches waiting to be approved when the site is pulling a Monica Lewinski. Probably makes for some VERY long and frustrating nights.

Amazingly, I did a quick run through on a bunch of caches right in the window when the site was up late this afternoon. I had actually been oblivious to the site being down some today, pulled up the queue and went to work. It was lightning fast when I was working. Again, oddly enough, I left work to hit the 6:30 PM EDT Fed Ex drop box.

Sorry, I guess my flurry of reviewed caches broke the server. :unsure:

I am sure it is frustrating to those that got cache notifications only to find the site down.

Here is what I get (Copy and Paste):

Server Too Busy

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Nah, they just have a [Heineken], catch up on some [Eye for an Eye (Judge Extreme Akim)] episodes and wait patiently for it all to be right again.

Filled in the blanks. Dude, do you have cameras in my house? :unsure: