Coming soon...

Crowesfeat30

After a long trial involving hope, dissapointment, hope again and elation,

(hope in the form of Chris Mackey coming up with a fabulous preliminary design; dissapointment in realizing that there was no way that I would be able to afford to do this; hope again when Chris contacted me again to let me know that there was possibly a way...; elation that production samples have, at last, been made)

I am proud to present the Crowesfeat 30 Geocoin!!! <_<

CF30_SSf_cropped_300.jpgCF30_SSb_cropped_300.jpg

Shiny Silver

CF30_FSf_cropped_300.jpgCF30_FSb_cropped_300.jpg

Foggy Silver

These should be in hand in 3 to 4 weeks. They will be trackable on geocaching.com with a unique icon. I hope y'all like 'em. I do! ;) The Shiny Silver will be made available through the Geocoin Store; the Foggy Silver will be only available through me. Contact me through my profile for more details...

CF30

Very striking.

Can you explain what the design is on the back of the coin? To me it looks like a stylised image of a crows head but I could be wrong. I am guessing the design relates to an American Native cultural icon but as an Aussie I have no experience of these things.

The back of the coin was designed from referance of a shaman's drum I saw as a child and then again last year when I was looking to the importance of crows in Native American symbology while on a trip to Alaska. The orb in the mouth is the sun being swallowed by the spirit bird to bring about the night and the turn of the seasons. The Crow and Raven are considered to be swift, shrewd, all seeing and clever in their stories which seemed to fit well here in a cacher's theme.

Very striking.

Can you explain what the design is on the back of the coin? To me it looks like a stylised image of a crows head but I could be wrong. I am guessing the design relates to an American Native cultural icon but as an Aussie I have no experience of these things.

The back of the coin was designed from referance of a shaman's drum I saw as a child and then again last year when I was looking to the importance of crows in Native American symbology while on a trip to Alaska. The orb in the mouth is the sun being swallowed by the spirit bird to bring about the night and the turn of the seasons. The Crow and Raven are considered to be swift, shrewd, all seeing and clever in their stories which seemed to fit well here in a cacher's theme.

Great looking coin! Not familiar with who designed the coin - would you share more info? (I'm pretty new to collecting coins so forgive my ignorance).

Hope I don't miss out when the coins go on sale.

ChanceRider meet Fox and the Hound :) . I believe you will also hear referance of Mackey as noted in the very first post.

Edited by Damenace

I am going out of town this weekend. I've been over whelmed by all of the e-mails through my profile (not to mention that my BF keeps RUSHING me everytime I sit down to answer them... ) that I haven't had time to check this thread for interest. I will respond to any one who is interested when I get back - the BEST way to make sure I know that you want one is to e-mail me but I'll check here also.

I have about 10 of the Shiny Silver ones that I will be getting left for trade (these will also be for sale through the Geocoin Store). And I have many more of the Foggy Silver still available.

See 'yall on Monday! :)

CF30

Thanks for this explanation, I like learning about the cultural icons of another nation. You have put together a very impressive design, well done.

Ok, I think that I have at least contacted everyone who has expressed interest in my coin. If I have missed anyone I apologize deeply for my oversight. Please e-mail me again through my profile and I will try to correct my mistakes. If there is anyone else who is interested in trades or purchases, please also e-mail me thru my profile.

At this time I am out of my allotted amount of Shiny Silvers and only have the Foggy Silvers left.

Again, I apologize if I missed contacting anyone who might be interested.

Thanks!

CF30

Ok, as of right now (1:00 am central) I will be taking no more requests. I will reply to the two or three e-mails I have right now and have several other people who haven't yet gotten back to me or I hadn't concluded a trade with yet. I will take care of these and that all folks! Thank you everyone for all the interest in my coin. I look forward to when they come to me in the mail and I can start mailing these out.

Thank you all again!!

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

FINALLY!!! They are here - In me (not so) grubby claws! And they are more beautiful than I'd imagined they would be. Pictures just do not do them justice, but here are a few anyway:

CF30Coins004600.jpg

Shiny Silvers

CF30Coins005600.jpg

Foggy Silvers

CF30Coins006600.jpg

Both

I will be sending these out to those with whom I have traded or sold coins to ASAP. I am furiously packaging as you read this but will not be able to get to the Post Office untill Friday. I have to work this evening and, of course, the Post Office is closed tomorrow. Appologies for the delay. But, as I have found out by camping next to my mail box for the last few days, they really are worth the wait (if I say so meself... :laughing: )

Thanks for your patience!

CF30