Geocoin Fest 2007- A National coin event!

Cornerstone4

wavector, for me it's a little shorter ( for now ), only a five hour drive. See ya there, it'll be good to see another Alberta.

I see you have been caching in Arizona for awhile!! At least you know what you are missing it being February in Alberta and all. :huh:

Frank says he will be there as well, that will make three of us from the Alberta Geocoin Working Group which is half of the working group. This just underscores the fact that the 2006 Alberta Wild Rose was made by "geocoin enthusiasts". I will see you there and it will be great to meet Frank. Rumour has it that Mark (avroair) will have some 2006 Alberta Wild Rose Geocoins to add to the raffle! (it isn't really a rumour though, it is a certainty)

Rumour has it that Mark (avroair) will have some 2006 Alberta Wild Rose Geocoins to add to the raffle! (it isn't really a rumour though, it is a certainty)

Really? :huh: Woot! :D:D:D

If people have coins they would like to add to the raffle or coin jar then find me at the event and I will add them to the stash. We have a great collection so far :D

The CoinQuest game is all set up and ready... now all I need is a jar. :D:D

Anyone going to be around on the Thursday evening?

Rumour has it that Mark (avroair) will have some 2006 Alberta Wild Rose Geocoins to add to the raffle! (it isn't really a rumour though, it is a certainty)

Really? :huh: Woot! :D:D:D

If people have coins they would like to add to the raffle or coin jar then find me at the event and I will add them to the stash. We have a great collection so far :shocked:

The CoinQuest game is all set up and ready... now all I need is a jar. :D:D

How many coins do you have for the jar ? :D I may have one big enough :yikes:

Have all the seats been filled for the poker tournament? The geocoin event forums show three seats still open.

Those 3 remain open until the sponsor either notifies us of their additional players or until the game is seated and ready to begin. If any of the remaining sponsor heald seats are not filled prior to the start of the game, they go to the wait listed players (in consecutive order).

A good friend of mine known on Survivor Africa as 'Big Tom'

I thought so, ignore my e-mail question. One of my favorite contestants along with Rupert and Rudy.

Before I asked in here, I looked up the survivor cast, and made DiB get out of bed to compare photos... finally after 5th guessing myself, he said 'why don't you just ask?'

I haven't known any of the contestants, but there were a few that i would have liked to :laughing:

Maybe Tom will come to GeoQuest2...or 3...or 4

A good friend of mine known on Survivor Africa as 'Big Tom'

I thought so, ignore my e-mail question. One of my favorite contestants along with Rupert and Rudy.

Before I asked in here, I looked up the survivor cast, and made DiB get out of bed to compare photos... finally after 5th guessing myself, he said 'why don't you just ask?'

I haven't known any of the contestants, but there were a few that i would have liked to :laughing:

I will have some of the original GeoQuest event coins available for trade.

7b463945-c12e-461d-b4b4-559c88d69dc3.jpg

His hyena question to the game's final two was hilarious! B)

B):DB)B)B)B)12 days! B)B)B)B):D:D (wish I had a countdown timer clock!) until the event...

12 days 2 minutes until people start asking what's with Avroair's weird accent B):laughing::laughing:

I think this needs to be bumped back to the top of this thread. How many days before everyone leaves and who is releasing new coins?

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

WooHoo - The Cach-u-nuts are leaving in 9 days!!!

We will be bringing our version 2 Rubicon coin for trading and our new Top 40 record coin available for trades as well as some misc "2005" coin trading material :laughing:

We will also have a NEW coin release available at The Caching Place vendor table - We're only bring 150 with us so you won't want to miss out!!!!

Can't wait for the FUN!!

*Posted from somewhere in North America*

Due to security concerns, I can't tell you my precise arrival time and date, it's too risky with so much coinage at stake. I will make a moonlight appearance to put together attendee bags sometime on the evening of the 15th --- looks behind nervously, counts the coin jar... 1,2,3... :laughing: ---

:laughing:

I think this needs to be bumped back to the top of this thread. How many days before everyone leaves and who is releasing new coins?

I read an article about these 16 little cuties born in some China zoo and thought of you...

pandas.jpg

... and I bought an extra wheeled bag just incase I have to shift coins around from luggage and carryon to make weight limits :laughing:

Edited by AtlantaGal

I read an article about these 16 little cuties born in some China zoo and thought of you...

pandas.jpg

I saw that video too... they were crawling all over the place... geobears!

WooHoo - The Cach-u-nuts are leaving in 9 days!!!

We will be bringing our version 2 Rubicon coin for trading and our new Top 40 record coin available for trades as well as some misc "2005" coin trading material :laughing:

We will also have a NEW coin release available at The Caching Place vendor table - We're only bring 150 with us so you won't want to miss out!!!!

Can't wait for the FUN!!

I got a package in the mail from you guys today!

Woo Hoo!

pandas.jpg

... and I bought an extra wheeled bag just incase I have to shift coins around from luggage and carryon to make weight limits :P

Yup, it is the Wolong Panda Preserve. I will be there this year to volunteer for a week. I can't wait to get my paws on those little guys. :laughing::laughing::rolleyes::o:P

We are leaving in 1 week and 1 day! We head out on Valentines Day!

I am almost done planning our geocaching route across the country. We plan on getting 1 or 2 caches in each new state we drive through! :)

I got the car DVD and almost the whole DVD collection packed up. So we should be good for a little while with that. But much like Frivlas the drive home will probably be much longer than the ride going out. But we are going to stop in Vegas and in CO or UT to play in the snow!

I am so excited!!!! :unsure::P:)

I am almost done planning our geocaching route across the country. We plan on getting 1 or 2 caches in each new state we drive through! :)

I got the car DVD and almost the whole DVD collection packed up. So we should be good for a little while with that. But much like Frivlas the drive home will probably be much longer than the ride going out. But we are going to stop in Vegas and in CO or UT to play in the snow!

I am so excited!!!! :unsure::P:)

Are you going through Jackson, MS on the way? Maybe I can drop something special for you to find on your way, let me know.

I am almost done planning our geocaching route across the country. We plan on getting 1 or 2 caches in each new state we drive through! :unsure:

I am so excited!!!! :P:) :)

What is your route through UT? If your taking I-70 we could leave you something "special" to find on your way out!! :huh: Let us know, we'll be in that area this weekend!

Are you going through Jackson, MS on the way? Maybe I can drop something special for you to find on your way, let me know.

What is your route through UT? If your taking I-70 we could leave you something "special" to find on your way out!! :huh: Let us know, we'll be in that area this weekend!

Our route going to California will be heading out on I-40. So we will miss Jackson, MS. :unsure: Thanks so much for the offer prntr1! That is so nice of you!

Our route after GCF coming home will be to take I-70 so we will cut through Utah. But not until after we have already met you Cach-U-Nuts at the poker tourney. (I am excited about that too) Thanks for your offer also! :)

You guys are so generous to leave us little gifts to help break up our long drive. :) Geocoin collectors are the BEST! :P

Our route going to California will be heading out on I-40. So we will miss Jackson, MS. :unsure: Thanks so much for the offer prntr1! That is so nice of you!

Our route after GCF coming home will be to take I-70 so we will cut through Utah. But not until after we have already met you Cach-U-Nuts at the poker tourney. (I am excited about that too) Thanks for your offer also! :)

You guys are so generous to leave us little gifts to help break up our long drive. :) Geocoin collectors are the BEST! :huh:

Hey that works out even better! We'll plan to give the KIDS the waypoint when we meet you guys at the event, give them something to look forward to on the way home :P

Have a safe trip!!

WOW!!

A GeocoinFest! and it's right in my own area!

I'm glad I noticed this thread!!!d

:blink:

OK, sorry, the excitement is starting to take it's toll! I've got soda and chip boxes stacked to the rafters...I've got cases of poker chips, there are boxes of things going in to the goodie bags...and we've still got a ways to go!!!

:ph34r:

Too funny... the anticipation is a big part of the fun, isn't it?

I love the posts about what to pack...

we're experiencing a heat wave up here right now

(shoot - it's been above zero in Fairbanks during the day for a week!)

- temps in the forties at night will feel a lot like summer caching weather to me!

Gee, I wonder what the Cornerstone 4 cachemobile looks like?

We could 'tag' it in the parking lot with our Alaska Wolfpack decal...

OK - maybe a magnet... :blink: