Geocoin Fest 2007- A National coin event!

Cornerstone4

:laughing: Yippee! Took a leisurely two day drive to get here. Had an outstanding chiliburger at Mad Madeleine's and bought a cigar at the smoke shop. Really anxious about playing poker. :huh: Still haven't been able to decide what coins to put up for ante so I brought all my coins to choose from. Can't wait to meet everyone! :P

Hiya Everyone! I'm in Phoenix, delayed on my way to Cali. Snow storms back home, thunder storms out here. I'm hoping to be in Cali by 10PM PST. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. And, FYI, I left home today at 9 EST. Only 16 hours travel time :laughing:

Imagine that. me too. only i'm leaving Friday morning to drive there...

Ditto, but from Chandler/Tempe.

Hirlas and I will be heading out Saturday AM from Tempe/Scottsdale....

Any body else from the east coast still stranded. Our flight was cancelled out of Hartford and we were able to get on one of the few that flew out of boston late last evening. Didn't get in ontario until midnite but at least we made it. Hope everybody can get out tonight or tomorrow.

I was able to make the trip out of Philadelphia this morning but I understand a lot of the Southwest planes coming from the Northeast were cancelled. :laughing:

Hiya Everyone! I'm in Phoenix, delayed on my way to Cali. Snow storms back home, thunder storms out here. I'm hoping to be in Cali by 10PM PST. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. And, FYI, I left home today at 9 EST. Only 16 hours travel time :laughing:

Imagine that. me too. only i'm leaving Friday morning to drive there...

Ditto, but from Chandler/Tempe.

:huh: Ditto -- we've arrived at DHobby1's in Casa Grande AZ and will be heading out first thing in the morning to cache our way over to the event! We're staying at the Comfort Inn - weather is suppose to be awesome!!!!

We're here at the Comfort Inn in Murrieta stuffing all the goodie bags right now!

Woo Hoo!

We stuffed some goodie bags of our own tonight. Joani's been having fun with her hammer drill and drilled holes in about 200 rocks just big enough for a nano cache. If you see us, be sure to ask us for one. :laughing:

nanorock.jpg

--Marky

Morning Folks.

I'm hopeful that since Avroair's cell is going straight to voicemail that he made a flight this morning.

Hope to see some folks at GCMT0F tonight at 6pm for a little caching to Penchanga.

Heading to the SD zoo hope to be back in time to meet up with everybody and hope Avroair made it on a flight

Joni, Southbayday has my cell number. You can get it from him or email me and I'll give it to you. Call me when you're in and I'll let you know how long we'll be there. I was thinking till at least 11 pm unless am losing and have had enough :P Will be caching some after. So you can always meet us at a cache too.

Avroair didn't make the flight this morning and will not be at the event :laughing::huh:

Edited by AtlantaGal

:):):D:D

Well 11 hours waiting at the airport yesterday and 3 more fruitless hours today we realize it aint gonna happen. Have gotten over the shock that I won't be able to attend after months of planning :D

The coinjar and raffle coins were sent with Dhenninger, the organizers will be a man-down so be kind to them :D

Will be there in spirit. :D And look forward to the logs and pictures. :D

That is so sad for Avroair!

I have Pepper's number, so I'll give her a ring. I know I want to stop and get an In&Out Burger. So I might call it a night after that.

That's a bummer that Avroair won't be able to make it. I won't be there either so we'll both have to be with you all in spirit, or maybe some of our coins will be in circulation at the event.

If you go to In&Out Burger and want to try something different, order the Animal Style fries (fries covered with Thousand Island dressing, cheese, and grilled onions). Or if you don't want to be too adventurous, try the fries well done. The Neapolitan Shake is excellent as well.

Have fun guys and gals!

We are here! After leaving at 4:30p est on Wed we got to the in-laws house at 9:30a pst today.......44 hours later.

We grabbed at least 1 cache in 6 states. Woohoo!!!

We are tired...we will miss the Pechanga run we are having dinner with the family. See everyone tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about Avroair and anyone else stranded at airports....:D

That is so sad for Avroair!

I have Pepper's number, so I'll give her a ring. I know I want to stop and get an In&Out Burger. So I might call it a night after that.

That's a bummer that Avroair won't be able to make it. I won't be there either so we'll both have to be with you all in spirit, or maybe some of our coins will be in circulation at the event.

If you go to In&Out Burger and want to try something different, order the Animal Style fries (fries covered with Thousand Island dressing, cheese, and grilled onions). Or if you don't want to be too adventurous, try the fries well done. The Neapolitan Shake is excellent as well.

Have fun guys and gals!

Yes, a California Classic!

You can order any size burger. 3x3, 4x4 and even a 20 x 20 for those who are really hungry

http://www.supersizedmeals.com/food/articl..._20x20_In-n-Out

Well, i'm in the local area now... I'm in the Extended Stay America, unfortunately (33.5169N 117.16115W)... I'll be going out to do some local caching, by foot, but I would definately like to hook up with somebody today. I have an email-capable cellphone, so drop me an email via my GC profile if you want to get together.

Joni, Southbayday has my cell number. You can get it from him or email me and I'll give it to you. Call me when you're in and I'll let you know how long we'll be there. I was thinking till at least 11 pm unless am losing and have had enough :D Will be caching some after. So you can always meet us at a cache too.

Avroair didn't make the flight this morning and will not be at the event :D :D

That stinks Avroair didn't make it :D

Are you meeting at the cache it self or the posted coord's ? in the parking lot off of Rancho Ca ?

Morning Folks.

I'm hopeful that since Avroair's cell is going straight to voicemail that he made a flight this morning.

Hope to see some folks at GCMT0F tonight at 6pm for a little caching to Penchanga.

I didn't see the notice about this until recently... I'd like to come along, but I don't have a car to get there, nor do I know the solution coords. I sent an email to you with my cell number.

Well, we met at the posted coords, but that area was packed with people last night and it was very difficult to spot geocachers in the thick of things. It probably was not the best place to have a meeting point and I appologise to anyone who I may have missed in the process.

See you all at the event in a few hours!

Note to anyone who purchased a goodie bag: As of Friday's mail, the LE coins for the bags are lost in the mail system somewhere. If they do not arrive this afternoon while the event is in full swing, the vendor will be mailing them directly to you in the next few weeks as soon as the package is tracked down or the coins remade (should the package be lost/damaged).

Avroair, you ARE missed, man!!!

Edited by AtlantaGal

Note to anyone who purchased a goodie bag: As of Friday's mail, the LE coins for the bags are lost in the mail system somewhere. If they do not arrive this afternoon while the event is in full swing, the vendor will be mailing them directly to you in the next few weeks as soon as the package is tracked down or the coins remade (should the package be lost/damaged).

Avroair, you ARE missed, man!!!

I just got word from Cornerstone4 (he just arrived at the event location) that the limited edition coins for the goodie bag were picked up from the post office and are in-hand. :lol:

So, I'm just sitting at home, watching Mythbusters and playing dragonology with Brenda. I decided to check the email, and I hear my phone beeping from inside my purse...I missed a call. Ooooooo! It's TMOCM calling from the geocoinfest. I called him back, of course! Sounds like you guys are having loads of fun! I'm looking forward to the pictures and stories. Enjoy the poker tonight!

Well it looks like im the 1st to chime in- The event was great, it didnt take me too long to figure out that I MUST GET A COIN MADE All those cool coins and all I needed was my own.

Everyone was so nice and I did get a pile of coins. I got to meet Moun10Bike and chatted for just a few minutes...And I got to view the very 1st Moun10Bike coin-VERY COOL. Everyone smiled and were so easy to talk to just like good friends.

The raffle went on and on with lots of lucky folks and all the freebies were great(I GOT A ROCK!), I forgot who won the jar, but she was practically shakin.

I handmade 5 coins just for this and people really liked them- the only problem was I didnt take any pics of them and handed them out before I realized it-I saw one on the guys trading table B) . I made a special one for Cornerstone4 for all his hard work and i think he liked it. I also went for one of his caches and ended up with a DNF :huh: . later I found out that I did find it-just didnt know it was there...Lets just say i took the lid off-does that count?-Ha

I didnt think I would get lucky, but despite my lack of prereg. I still got a goody bag at the end, they had about 5 and I managed to be there at the right time.

This was my 1st event and I drove about 600 Mi in my 82 Jetta Diesel, It took me all over the hills of Bikedogs stomping grounds and beyond- I absolutely loved it- I could see all of San Diego.

Im sittin outside of the Ramada using their wireless and gonna find some more for tomorrow before the Mega Event. For my 1st events i sure did choose some duzys-EH?

For those of you that missed out-Wish you could have been there and for those who couldnt come due to the weather- B)B)B)B) , what a bummer...and I thought my trip down was horrible-It really was, the gods were oddly against my favor in every way possible-but thats a whole other story.

Hope you get a little idea of how a few things went, but to sum it up---It was great- a room full of Geocoin Junkeys gettin the fix of a lifetime! B)

Edited - It looks like a few have posted since I read the page-Hey Im a slow typer

Edited by 007BigD

I just wanted to drop a quick note in here to thank everyone that showed up tonight at Pat & Oscar's for the Geocoin Poker Challenge. I had a blast getting everyone started and running myself silly. I hope everyone that played enjoyed it as much as I did. Congrats to SBD for his hard work and generosity.

Time for bed. I'm beat. Til the next event, a mere 15 hours away :huh: