Geocoin Fest 2007- A National coin event!

Cornerstone4

White out :P

LOL! I already shoveled the driveway once...now it looks like it needs it again snowman_sad.gif Wish I were heading somewhere warmer! crying.gif

Yeah, I can sympathize--it was soo cold walking in to work this morning that I actually had to zip my sweater! :P

By the way, for any hams coming to the event (or geocaching during the weekend) the local repeater is W6GTR, 146.805 (-) PL100.0, an open repeater sponsored by the Golden Triangle Radio Club.

Dave_W6DPS

Edited by Dave_W6DPS

Low in Medicine Hat, Alberta last night -27C. (-16.6F)

Temperature this AM -20C. (-4F)

Current temperature -15C (+5F)

We have been shovelling snow every day for the last week!

I bought my son new skipants this morning as he is going skiing tomorrow in the Cypress Hills, the forecast temperature is -11C (+12F) so he is going to be getting a break.

Not wearing long underwear in February is going to be great.

The dog went to stay with Gramma for a few weeks, she left this AM and we miss her already.

We are packing, we had to get out our summer clothes though.

Driving to Great Falls, Montana tomorrow night and then south, south, south.

The future's so bright- :P

small Pepper bling attached.

Pepper

Are you attaching some mini Pepper coins to it :P ?

Yuppers...one in each square. Four little blings silver and gold. :P

I took the quilt to my mom's house this morning to show here my handy work and she wanted it ...I had to tell her no. :P (bad daughter)

I'm getting really excited, so excited I went out and bought a brick of batteries :D

Pepper

Ok I'm getting a bit excited now I only 48 hours left to prepare and then...I'm leaving on a jet plain...

Talk about procrastinating, I just finished my contribution to the raffle. It's a throw silly (if you’re wondering) 54W x 65L, by the time it gets on the raffle table it will have some small Pepper bling attached.

coinfestthrow.jpg

See y'all in Cali :P

Pepper

Maybe you can do rock,paper,scissors like the Bud Light Super Bowl commercial laugh.gif !

I choose rock!!! :P Lovely throw blanky!!! :P

This question was raised today about Poker Buy In Coins:

Q. If a geocoin vendor sold this coin at a previous sale, and it is sold out to the public, BUT they have their safety stock (for lost shipments, defective coins, etc.) here at GeocoinFest to sell out of, can I still use it to buy-in?

A. ABSOLUTELY :P

And, while I'm preachin' :P

Poker Players, let's try to be in the poker room by 6PM. The Geocoinfest page says at 6:20, seats will move to wait list players. I don't want to do that if I can help it. Being on time and checked in before 6:10 will help for a smooth start, so I don't have to spend time reassigning seating :D

Can anyone tell I'm excited????? :P

:P Dave? Its Dave! Did not think I could make this event, but things change.

I'll be there both days. Need any help? I just want a chance to trade some coins on Saturday.

Otherwise, I am ready to help you. Always wanted to meet some of these others. Traded with some of them.

And yes, I'm a ham... Radio operator that is. APRS too. KE6VUP-15

Glad I can make this. Will be there Saturday morning... early if need be... :P

Edited by nscaler

Q. If a geocoin vendor sold this coin at a previous sale, and it is sold out to the public, BUT they have their safety stock (for lost shipments, defective coins, etc.) here at GeocoinFest to sell out of, can I still use it to buy-in?

A. ABSOLUTELY :(

Please explain this question in further detail. Are these "safety stock" coins blanks or were they coins that were set back from the the pot of authorized minted coins (i.e. one of the 500 said to be minted) and have their own unique tracking codes on them.

Thanks....Anthus

Please explain this question in further detail. Are these "safety stock" coins blanks or were they coins that were set back from the the pot of authorized minted coins (i.e. one of the 500 said to be minted) and have their own unique tracking codes on them.

Thanks....Anthus

It is my understanding that these will be regular run coins in whatever version they were authorized for sale on their respective sites. If they were publicly sold as trackable, they will be at Coinfest.

Thanks....Anthus

It is my understanding that these will be regular run coins in whatever version they were authorized for sale on their respective sites. If they were publicly sold as trackable, they will be at Coinfest.

Thanks for the clarification

The weather is looking to be quite beautiful this weekend! :ph34r:

I hope nobody's flights are cancelled...we are looking to be in the mid-80s by Friday!

Woot!

:o:ph34r::huh: My flight for 625 am this morning was canceled and I couldn't make my rescheduled time of 10:55 due to sleet, snow and rain. I'm on schedule for 10:55 am tomorrow morning, cross your fingers pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee.

There are 2 caches you just have to do while in town...

Gollum's Gold

Gollum's Summer Home

Both are in drainage tunnels, but since it doesn't appear that it will be raining... :ph34r:

Nice! My kinda caches. Which reminds me to do PQs tonight. There are no official cache runs on or from the GeocoinFest (other than the CoinQuest) so if people would like to cache either before, during or after then they would prepare themselves. :ph34r:

Hope the snow is gone so I can get out of Newark tomorrow. :huh:

The weather is looking to be quite beautiful this weekend! :ph34r:

I hope nobody's flights are cancelled...we are looking to be in the mid-80s by Friday!

Woot!

It took some doing but I made it to CA, it's warm and beautiful here, by Sunday I won't want to go home :ph34r: . Hope everyone else traveling makes it to CA, it'll be worth the trip.

It took some doing but I made it to CA, it's warm and beautiful here, by Sunday I won't want to go home :unsure: . Hope everyone else traveling makes it to CA, it'll be worth the trip.

Glad you made it. Any notable delays or change of flights?

I received a call this afternoon from Moop Along who was still stuck in Detroit. Not because of weather there, but because the crew that was supposed to fly his plane were on a cancelled flight from elsewhere. I know he was trying to rearrange his connection flight in Phoenix as a result.

It took some doing but I made it to CA, it's warm and beautiful here, by Sunday I won't want to go home :unsure: . Hope everyone else traveling makes it to CA, it'll be worth the trip.

Glad you made it. Any notable delays or change of flights?

I received a call this afternoon from Moop Along who was still stuck in Detroit. Not because of weather there, but because the crew that was supposed to fly his plane were on a cancelled flight from elsewhere. I know he was trying to rearrange his connection flight in Phoenix as a result.

I got to the airport at 3:45 this morning just to make sure I made my 7:45 flight, I ended up picking a great time to go, as after I arrived, it began to snow again and make things worse.

Two small delays, we waited an extra half hour to board the plane in Pittsburgh waiting for a flight attendant to show, and the de-icing process for the plane ahead of us in line took an extra 30 minutes so we were about an hour behind schedule starting out. The pilot made up some time before we landed in Phoenix and by luck my connecting flight was 37 minutes late getting in. All worked out in the end.

Hiya Everyone! I'm in Phoenix, delayed on my way to Cali. Snow storms back home, thunder storms out here. I'm hoping to be in Cali by 10PM PST. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. And, FYI, I left home today at 9 EST. Only 16 hours travel time :blink:

Hope you make it safely! (Try 30 hours travel time from Asia!) I am off to the airport in 8 hours! Gonna have to do my 'go away snow dance' :unsure: (it's much like the FTF dance only brisker!)

Hiya Everyone! I'm in Phoenix, delayed on my way to Cali. Snow storms back home, thunder storms out here. I'm hoping to be in Cali by 10PM PST. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. And, FYI, I left home today at 9 EST. Only 16 hours travel time :unsure:

Imagine that. me too. only i'm leaving Friday morning to drive there...

Hiya Everyone! I'm in Phoenix, delayed on my way to Cali. Snow storms back home, thunder storms out here. I'm hoping to be in Cali by 10PM PST. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. And, FYI, I left home today at 9 EST. Only 16 hours travel time :unsure:

Imagine that. me too. only i'm leaving Friday morning to drive there...

Ditto, but from Chandler/Tempe.

Is what it remains of Geocoins of Geocoinfest to sell? and how can I order it?? Thank you very much!!

Hi. Not sure I understand your question, but www.coinsandpins.com has some geocoinfest coins that you can purchase. Just go to the stock geocoins area of their website.

I am getting a CERTIFICATE ERROR at the coinsandpins.com site when I try to register or log in, what's with that?

:laughing: 24 hours before we take off from New Orleans!!!!! :huh:

Weather down here still looks ok. Very cold for the South with overnight temps along the coast of 26F !!!!!!

(edit: had to add a smily face to that one!!!!)

I thought this was a funny one in the news yesterday:

:mad: The meeting of the Commission on Global Warming is being rescheduled because of a Blizzard !! :huh:

:huh:

Edited by OshnDoc

Although we aren't coming to Geocoin Fest, one of our coins is there: TB15Y0P :laughing: We are hoping kealia can retrieve the coin, since he sent it to us release in the first place. We hope it still looks as good after 18k miles. Our plan is for him to bring it back to the Bay area where we will have the chance to visit with it (and share it with friends) when we are in San Francisco next month. Mahalo to anyone who can help us with this little plan.

jrr

Any body else from the east coast still stranded. Our flight was cancelled out of Hartford and we were able to get on one of the few that flew out of boston late last evening. Didn't get in ontario until midnite but at least we made it. Hope everybody can get out tonight or tomorrow.

Nope. Was bumped from 5 planes today... total of 11 hours at the airport :laughing: We are only good for standby tomorrow so hopefully there will be alot of no shows. Otherwise I am out of luck. :huh:

The coin jar coins and raffle coins were transferred to Dhenninger tonight who will be flying in tomorrow.

Any body else from the east coast still stranded. Our flight was cancelled out of Hartford and we were able to get on one of the few that flew out of boston late last evening. Didn't get in ontario until midnite but at least we made it. Hope everybody can get out tonight or tomorrow.

Nope. Was bumped from 5 planes today... total of 11 hours at the airport :laughing: We are only good for standby tomorrow so hopefully there will be alot of no shows. Otherwise I am out of luck. :huh:

The coin jar coins and raffle coins were transferred to Dhenninger tonight who will be flying in tomorrow.

:P....

I hope you get on a flight... Which Airline?