Geocoin Fest 2007- A National coin event!

Cornerstone4

One last teaser....

I don't have them in-hand yet, but here is a pic of the special Compass Rose coin only available at the event...

Wow! That is gorgeous. I suspect you will be mobbed if you have these available. I must have one! Gotta go turn in my recycling for coin money now! :anitongue:

We only have 2 days after today then we hit the road! Woot!

Got the oil changed, a new car battery, and the engine checked. We still need to check the brakes, maybe today for that. Got it vacuumed and cleaned. Got the PQs ran. Maps from AAA.

But first and foremost I need to get my kids well. They are sick. One has not been to school since Mon. The baby started her high fever Fri night. So I am hoping and praying we all get well before getting in the car. <_<

We are almost ready and very excited! ;)

I was thinking of hitting 'mexico' while close to San Diego but I dont see any active caches in Tijuana.

Not even a Micro!

Or did I miss them while searching on geocaching.com.

Thanks

Here's 3 across the border that I found:

* Jai Alai palace - looks like this one is missing

* La Mona - multi

* Guarding Los Coronados

There's quite a few more if you're willing to drive down to Ensenada.

Edited by 9Key

Ga! Looks like my passport may not arrive in time for me to get across the border from Canada.....

Darn...all those years of cross-border moonshining have finally made it hard to get across the border to the US for us Candians. Maybe I'll just drive to the border and look over the fence at all of you. (except I'll be many 100's of miles (and Kilometers) away.

Ga! Looks like my passport may not arrive in time for me to get across the border from Canada.....

Darn...all those years of cross-border moonshining have finally made it hard to get across the border to the US for us Candians. Maybe I'll just drive to the border and look over the fence at all of you. (except I'll be many 100's of miles (and Kilometers) away.

If you drive then you are good...the requirement for land travel does not start until Jan 1, 2008.

It started Jan 23, 2007 for all air travel.

It looks like everyone is all excited about the LE Compass Rose coins.....just take a look at the Trading Thread.

Will the Coins & Pins booth have these for sale? How many can each person buy? How many of the 100 will be available? Do I need to prepare for mad rush like at Christmas time for the Playstation 3 or Wii? <_<;)

I need to prepare!

If you drive then you are good...the requirement for land travel does not start until Jan 1, 2008.

Actually, that applies to US citizens returning to the US. For citizens of other countries entering the US and returning home there are different requirements for different countries.

Any visitors from other countries need to verify the requirements applicable to their specific situation.

Dave_W6DPS

Actually, that applies to US citizens returning to the US. For citizens of other countries entering the US and returning home there are different requirements for different countries.

Any visitors from other countries need to verify the requirements applicable to their specific situation.

Dave_W6DPS

It applies to Canadians visiting the US also. See here: http://www.voyage.gc.ca/main/sos/ci/cur-en.asp?txt_ID=852

It says this:

Land and Sea Travel

The implementation of these measures for all land and sea travel to the United States will come into effect at a later time. Canadians can continue to use such documents as their birth certificates and drivers’ licences to cross the Canada-U.S. border by land and sea until the WHTI is fully implemented.

Edited by ParentsofSAM

Woo Hoo!

We're getting close folks! One of the dogs woke me up at 4:00 this morning...and I couldn't go back to sleep! :)

I had so many things running through my head that I have to get done! :mad:

Anyway, when you see what is in the picture below...you know you have arrived!

644ed498-5917-47d9-bdc3-d75333fe082f.jpg

Well, it won't be that exact picture...I'll never talk my kids into holding the bannner all day. :mad:

:mad::mad::):) Huge storm about to hit PA on Wednesday when I am to fly out. Anyone else having potential weather problems?

Flying out of Hartford,CT on Wens. :cry: Have been on phone all morning trying to see if we can change and leave tomorrow but still no luck :D Still waiting to see if AA will offer free changes due to the storm

:mad::cry::):mad: Huge storm about to hit PA on Wednesday when I am to fly out. Anyone else having potential weather problems?

Flying out of Hartford,CT on Wens. :D Have been on phone all morning trying to see if we can change and leave tomorrow but still no luck B) Still waiting to see if AA will offer free changes due to the storm

Big storm brewing in Ohio and Lower Michigan. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

:cry:B):mad::mad: Huge storm about to hit PA on Wednesday when I am to fly out. Anyone else having potential weather problems?

Flying out of Hartford,CT on Wens. :D Have been on phone all morning trying to see if we can change and leave tomorrow but still no luck :) Still waiting to see if AA will offer free changes due to the storm

Big storm brewing in Ohio and Lower Michigan. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :D

Hold it out there till late Wens so us on the East Coast can leave :)

:mad::mad::cry::) Huge storm about to hit PA on Wednesday when I am to fly out. Anyone else having potential weather problems?

Yep, right here, just a little south of Pittsburgh. Expecting not only snow, but sleet on top of it in my area. If my early Wed. morning flight is cancelled, I have plans to stay at the airport all day if neccessary to get a flight out.

I am getting so excited to meet everyone in person :) I'm driving down from Idaho by myself on Wednesday (just two more days!!!!). I haven't been to Disneyland since I was 5 or so, so I've decided to spend Friday at California's Adventure theme park. If there is anyone who would like to tag along that'd be great. Or if anyone is planning on being there already it'd be fun to meet up for lunch or dinner.

I hope everyone flying out has safe flights and isn't delayed by the storms you all are talking about. Pretty soon we'll all be fighting over the two tone compass rose coins. Just kidding Atlantagal :mad:

Can't wait to meet everybody and hang out. See everyone soon!!!!!!!

I'm gonna pee I'm so excited! lol

Does anyone know if there will be something like a Pre-Register waiting list, for those of us who decided long ago that it wouldnt be possible for us to go, and then 1 week before the event decide that there is no way to pass this up? I went to pre reg last week and it was to late.

I would really like to get in on the Pre Reg if I could...will there be a waiting list?- I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE JUST REGISTERED! :)

I hope all who are in the midst of the bad weather make it safely- I just got to drive my 82 Diesel jetta from Nor Cal and hope I make it!- Just put in a new Axle yesterday and a new starter today- A few more things and Im ready!- This will be my very 1st Event cache ever, and hope I get a chance to get the event coin.

Does anyone know if there will be something like a Pre-Register waiting list, for those of us who decided long ago that it wouldnt be possible for us to go, and then 1 week before the event decide that there is no way to pass this up?

No, there probably won't be.

Preregistration was designed to help us plan for the amount of people who might attend. It was open until 1/2/2007. The items for that "gift bag" were ordered the first week of January and only in the amounts of those who had preregistered. There won't be any extras except the few ordered and designated for raffle prizes. Sorry.

Why doesn't this event get the status of a mega event?

Basically we have to prove there are 500 folks there first. We pretty much have 500 confirmed for the event on Sunday, but I'm not sure about the coin event. Only time will tell...however, when we started planning this, we didn't anticipate 500 people! It's going to be a bit crowded in there! :mad:

Edited to add that it will be interesting to be that crowded if anyone goes hiking beforehand. Our local hills are covered with strong smelling sage, and it's funny when a bunch of us get together after caching! :)

Edited by Cornerstone4

One last teaser....

I don't have them in-hand yet, but here is a pic of the special Compass Rose coin only available at the event...

c28141ad-0331-40a8-b1dc-45de8ae19a35.jpg

I'm a fool for bringing this up again, since there are going to be hurt feelings. There just arent' enough of these to go around.

But I just got them in the mail today...the picture doesn't even come close!

WOW

One last teaser....

I'm a fool for bringing this up again, since there are going to be hurt feelings. There just arent' enough of these to go around.

WOW

I was wondering how you were going to handle the sales of these. Maybe lottery style?

Ok I'm getting a bit excited now I only 48 hours left to prepare and then...I'm leaving on a jet plain...

Talk about procrastinating, I just finished my contribution to the raffle. It's a throw silly (if you’re wondering) 54W x 65L, by the time it gets on the raffle table it will have some small Pepper bling attached.

coinfestthrow.jpg

See y'all in Cali :rolleyes:

Pepper

Ok I'm getting a bit excited now I only 48 hours left to prepare and then...I'm leaving on a jet plain...

Talk about procrastinating, I just finished my contribution to the raffle. It's a throw silly (if you’re wondering) 54W x 65L, by the time it gets on the raffle table it will have some small Pepper bling attached.

coinfestthrow.jpg

See y'all in Cali :rolleyes:

Pepper

Very NICE! Beautiful job on the throw, bet it took a lot of time to make that.

One last weather forecast update (changes emphasized)

Feb 17 Saturday

Mostly cloudy, Highs in the low 70s and lows in the lower 40s

10% chance of precipiation, winds calm to light, 48% humidity, UV moderate

Sunrise 6:30 AM PST, Sunset 5:35 PM PST

Feb 18 Sunday

Scattered showers, Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the lower 40s

30% chance of precipitation, winds calm to light, 45% humidity, UV moderate

Sunrise 6:29 AM PST, Sunset 5:36 PM PST

And, for the record, I love the smell of sage in the afternoon! It smells like geocaching!

Hopefully with folks wandering in and out the place won't get too packed!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Dave_W6DPS

Weather report for PA:White out :rolleyes:

You got that right, I've shoveled the sidewalks and driveway 3 times. Since 6:30am we've had 6inches on the ground, more on the way with sleet and icey conditions later tonight/tomorrow morning. Maybe I should leave tonight for the airport? So I get there 12 hours before my flight leaves, I will get to CA. What was the name of the movie where the guy lived at the airport?

It's going to be 15-17 degrees here Thursday morning when I fly out. I'll be peeling off the clothing as I land in Ontario 5 hours later, lol!

Tell me about it! It's -16° F here in Fairbanks this morning! Beautiful sunrise! I actually really like this time of year...we're gaining eight minutes per day of daylight, the days are clear, and the skiing and mushing is great!

Our routing is going to be a bit less direct...Fairbanks to Anchorage to Portland to San Francisco to Palm Springs, departing at 0100 on Thursday. But, hey, the seats were "bought" with mileage.

Current Fairbanks Weather

Fairbanks.gif

One last teaser....

WOW

Maybe you can do rock,paper,scissors like the Bud Light Super Bowl commercial :P !

small Pepper bling attached.

Pepper

Are you attaching some mini Pepper coins to it :P ?