Geocoin Fest 2007- A National coin event!

Cornerstone4

We were up in Ontario yesterday, and while driving back, I was a billboard for Pechanga along the freeway.

For any of you classic rockers out there, the Moody Blues will be at Pechanga on Friday and Saturday evenings while you all are in town...

Didn't someone make a coin about "Don't Fear the Reaper"?

That's Blue Oyster Cult, pally. Don't make me hit you with more cowbell. :D

We were up in Ontario yesterday, and while driving back, I was a billboard for Pechanga along the freeway.

For any of you classic rockers out there, the Moody Blues will be at Pechanga on Friday and Saturday evenings while you all are in town...

Yea, I was just going to say that! LOL

More Cowbell!

LOL

Thanks for the friendly correction...clang, clang, clang....

So when can we expect some sort of ordering post for the event coin?

We'd like to get in on a couple ourselves.

Which event coin? :D

For the attendee only coin... as soon as the vendor figures out what exactly their ordering.

It will be posted here and on the event page as soon as we know something. C4 got a little ahead of himself with the announcement. It should be some time this week.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Perhaps I missed it but will the attendee coin be limited or will we have plenty of time to order the coins?

Right now it's looking like 500-600 of the general attendee coins will be made. Of course until that order is placed, nothing is set in stone. I'm also not sure if the preorder will require actual prepayment or not. It may be like the poker coins where an order is heald for you to pay when you pick them up event day.

Will update when we get all the details hammered out. It won't be long since the event is fast approaching :rolleyes:

Perhaps I missed it but will the attendee coin be limited or will we have plenty of time to order the coins?

Right now it's looking like 500-600 of the general attendee coins will be made. Of course until that order is placed, nothing is set in stone. I'm also not sure if the preorder will require actual prepayment or not. It may be like the poker coins where an order is heald for you to pay when you pick them up event day.

Will update when we get all the details hammered out. It won't be long since the event is fast approaching :rolleyes:

That is how I hope it works....give me a little more time to get the money for the coins. We have to have enough $$$ for the gas to get out there....can't spend it all the coins before hand!! :rolleyes:

So, is one the one in the goody bag and the other the one being sold?

YES! B).

They look great!

We'll be waiting for details with baited breath. (Or maybe that was just my tuna sandwich... B) )

Any estimates on price, limits, quantities to be struck, etc.?

I know: 'Be patient, all questions will be answered in about three weeks.'

But, inquiring minds want to know! :huh:

Dave_W6DPS

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you on the planning comittee. I worked on a major event and know that their are lots of "hiccups" along the way. And the work can be hard and takes away from friends and family. So, please know that we appreciate all the hard work and planning you have already put into the event and for all that staging work to come. You are awesome! We can't wait! THANK YOU! :huh:

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you on the planning comittee. I worked on a major event and know that their are lots of "hiccups" along the way. And the work can be hard and takes away from friends and family. So, please know that we appreciate all the hard work and planning you have already put into the event and for all that staging work to come. You are awesome! We can't wait! THANK YOU! :huh:

Yes, thank you to every one who has worked so hard to make this event possible!

They look great!

We'll be waiting for details with baited breath. (Or maybe that was just my tuna sandwich... B) )

Any estimates on price, limits, quantities to be struck, etc.?

I know: 'Be patient, all questions will be answered in about three weeks.'

But, inquiring minds want to know! :huh:

Dave_W6DPS

Oak is tossing around the idea of limiting the amount a person can buy on preorder, but a decision has not been officially made yet. Based on the order numbers I saw, there are less than 500 antique gold being made.

If the oakcoins are truly to be "event only" coins then the amount you can buy really should be limited to 1, otherwise they will be traded and sold and thus making them not a event attendee only coin.

They are event only, since you can only get them at the event...you can't buy them and have them shipped to you. That the is the only restriction.

Yeah yeah, I get that part, but in the end lots of non event people will have it. The original purchasers of the coin will only be able to get it at the event, but ultimately everyone will have a shot at it. That was the point I was making, if it makes sense! (It's already been a long day!)

Edited by Hula Bum

Yeah yeah, I get that part, but in the end lots of non event people will have it. The original purchasers of the coin will only be able to get it at the event, but ultimately everyone will have a shot at it. That was the point I was making, if it makes sense! (It's already been a long day!)

I understand part of what you are saying. One point I think of though is, since there are "non-coiners" coming from the local area, selling one each to them will produce the same result. I really appreciate a coin at an event where it's one per customer, but I'm thinking in this quantity that is a daunting task.

If someone buys extras, how can we stop them from doing what they want with the coin? Even if it was limited to 1 coin, how can we stop a non-event person from getting the coin?

For the people who pre-ordered a swagbag, they get a different finish. We will be selling the Antique Gold for event pickup and also some at the event. This were the 'rules' we have been given. We are not selling the Satin coin as that is only for those who pre-ordered.

We are still working out how to do pre-orders and still allow for people to buy at the event.

I must have missed something. Where does one go to pre-order these event pickup coins? Can I get a pickup, too?

Never mind. I see that the details are being worked out. I saw all that talk about estimated quantities and thought that reservations were being taken.

Edited by Bjorn74
:D Sadly, I won't be able to attend this event. I did however, finally send some coins I am donating for the festivities. :D I was under the impression that I had done that over a month ago, until... :D I noticed they were still on my desk. :D Whatta bonehead. Hey I want pictures of the event posted folks. Have fun. :D

Can someone send me the link to order the event coins from coins and pins? Please.

I don't think they have been offered yet. At least I hope not, I missed it if they did.

Hmmm... Back on page 5, at least one person mentioned receiving an email asking how many of which metals they wanted.

Can someone send me the link to order the event coins from coins and pins? Please.

I don't think they have been offered yet. At least I hope not, I missed it if they did.

Hmmm... Back on page 5, at least one person mentioned receiving an email asking how many of which metals they wanted.

I think it was just an e-mail getting an idea of what people wanted? Not a final for anything.

I think it was just an e-mail getting an idea of what people wanted? Not a final for anything.

That is correct. If you are on their mailing list, you should have received an email asking for your interest in the coins. They used the feedback from that mailing to guage how many coins to order. Once the coins are in-hand, the sales will go live. You can see the coin on theri stock geocoin page. There is a link there you can click to be sure you are notified when they go live.

Hello,

The "public" Geocoinfest coins will go up for sale in the first part of February. We will send an email to our mailing list on the exact date once it gets closer to that time.

Thank you.

Edit: Thanks Conerstone4. I guess we submitted our posts at the same time.

Edited by CoinsAndPins

Hello,

The "public" Geocoinfest coins will go up for sale in the first part of February. We will send an email to our mailing list on the exact date once it gets closer to that time.

Thank you.

Edit: Thanks Conerstone4. I guess we submitted our posts at the same time.

I assume that I am on the mailing list as I got an email about the new compass rose, but not about this one. I hope I will get that notice when it is sent.

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't care, I was just curious. So is there a limit to the pre-order or the more the merrier?

Here is the answer to the people the do care:

When we open up Pre-Orders, we will limit it to 2 per person to be picked up at the event. This will be for the first 300 coins. This allows everyone to have the chance to get 2 coins without the mob of people at our table. I am adding a little extra into peoples Pre-Order bag as well :P.

The rest will be sold First Come First Served at our table, no limit.

Don't get me wrong, I personally don't care, I was just curious. So is there a limit to the pre-order or the more the merrier?

Here is the answer to the people the do care:

When we open up Pre-Orders, we will limit it to 2 per person to be picked up at the event. This will be for the first 300 coins. This allows everyone to have the chance to get 2 coins without the mob of people at our table. I am adding a little extra into peoples Pre-Order bag as well :D.

The rest will be sold First Come First Served at our table, no limit.

Sounds like a good solution.