Geocoin Fest 2007- A National coin event!

Cornerstone4

trying to find a way to make this work. It is gonna be around 300 each for tickets from Michigan. We have some family right in that area so it would be possible to work out the lodging. Now I just have to figure out how to sell it to the wife. Should I start out with hey do you want to go see your brother or hey do you want to go to a geocaching event :wub:

Also another thought with all the collectors vendors etc. I wonder how many geocoins will be in one place at one time? Would be kinda of fun to get people to log how many coins they brought when they sign in...

I'd LOVE to go to this event but I don't have the $$ to go :):P:D:)

That's easily solved. Mint a personal coin and sell it between now and then!

smiley_outtahere2.gif

Who said it had to be a personal coin :) Mint anything trackable then sell 3 versions --- I hear they have a higher profit margin... :wub:

Anyone from Alabama or Florida going?

Who said it had to be a personal coin :) Mint anything trackable then sell 3 versions --- I hear they have a higher profit margin... :wub:

No, no, no. It needs to be 5 versions so you have the regular, LE, XLE, XXLE and super-secret XXXLE. :D On topic: Still 95% sure about being there - just haven't nailed down that last 5% yet...

Who said it had to be a personal coin :D Mint anything trackable then sell 3 versions --- I hear they have a higher profit margin... :wub:

No, no, no. It needs to be 5 versions so you have the regular, LE, XLE, XXLE and super-secret XXXLE. :P On topic: Still 95% sure about being there - just haven't nailed down that last 5% yet...

Waits to see preregistration form come in for "the precious" :)

Heh, I have an extra ticket on Southwest Airlines. Now, if I can only think of a fair contest to give it away to someone.

Southwest flys into San Diego and just about every state in the lower 48.... Any suggestions???

I will probably have one also, I have two buy one get one free certificates, I am using three spots, so I may have on opening. Only thing is it has to be out of Jackson, MS.

I will post more, my certificates are not good until 2007, so I have to wait to use them, when I find out the details.

Well we are crazy and we are DRIVING!! roadtrip.gif

With the 3 kids in the car!!! We are taking a week off to come. It is 2230.9 miles for us to drive.

What am I thinking.....:cry:

Wait I have the perfect plan, someone give me a airline ticket and I will make my husband and the kids drive :huh:

Edited by ParentsofSAM

Wait I have the perfect plan, someone give me a airline ticket and I will make my husband and the kids drive :cry:

Is it ok if I fly back there and make the drive out with him? :huh:

I've always wanted to take a cross country road trip, but my wife won't go for it...and this way, I only have to make the drive one-way! :wacko:

Wait I have the perfect plan, someone give me a airline ticket and I will make my husband and the kids drive :huh:

Is it ok if I fly back there and make the drive out with him? :cry:

I've always wanted to take a cross country road trip, but my wife won't go for it...and this way, I only have to make the drive one-way! :cry:

Sure come on! I bet that he will be glad to get someone to help with the kids!! :huh::cry::wacko:

Actually it will be kinda cool to drive across and find caches in all those states along the way. In fact I think we will go one way and come home a different route just to grab more states and caches.

I've always wanted to take a cross country road trip, but my wife won't go for it...and this way, I only have to make the drive one-way! :cry:

Sure come on! I bet that he will be glad to get someone to help with the kids!! :huh::cry::wacko:

Actually it will be kinda cool to drive across and find caches in all those states along the way. In fact I think we will go one way and come home a different route just to grab more states and caches.

That sounds fun, except the kid part! LOL

That sounds fun, except the kid part! LOL

Kids are no problem on road trips anymore...it's not like when we were kids.

Make sure you have a DVD player in the car, hook up their favorite video system, and you're good to go. It doesn't hurt to have an Ipod with you, since there will always be at least one unhappy with the movie or game choice! ;)

And make sure to make them get out and do all the caches with you. It will keep the blood flowing!

The furthest would most likely be someone in Maine.

You can always check http://gc.kls2.com/ to see your distance. Just put your airport codes in, for example, MIA - SAN would give you milage.

I have some ideas but want to confirm first.

I'm at 2512 miles going from Fairbanks to Palm Springs. Adding in the stop in Seattle makes it 2520 miles.

Boston to San Diego is close at 2588 miles. Portland, ME, to SAN is 2623 miles.

It is a fairly straightforward game, if it is any help I can tell you that almost all the poker games you see on TV will be No Limit Texas Holdem and you can get a good idea about hand values by watching a show where a computer is analyzing the odds and those numbers are being displayed on the screen.

I hope I get to play even though I don't have a high expectation of winning as I don't really consider myself a lucky person and luck usually plays a large part in all games of chance.

Every person who gets to play will be a winner because I understand that every participant in the poker challenge will get a unique Geocoin. The Geocoin Poker Challenge is sponsored by the great people at The Geocoin Store and I think it is a really cool addition to the Geocoinfest, my wife and kids are definitely NOT interested though. :rolleyes:

I am getting excited about going for sure, we are looking forward to visiting California.

GeocoinFest 2007 will be the very first large scale Geocoin event cache. The day long event will include many activites related to geocoins, there will be many geocoin enthusiasts there from all over the world and many of the coin makers/coin suppliers will be there as well.

I suspect there will be a lot of coin trading going on and there will be many opportunities to trade, buy or sell geocoins. I also suspect that it will resemble a regular event cache in many ways with tons of Travel Bugs, lots of planned activities and many diversions throughout the day.

Events are just one aspect of geocaching and the GeocoinFest is a first for everyone so all I can offer is guesses, I am guessing it will be FUN (capitals used on purpose :rolleyes: )

The Event has it's own website The GeocoinFest 2007 Website and there is also a cache page for the event.

The nearby Temecula Valley Event Cache III is likely going to be a Mega Event cache this year so there is a great weekend planned and it really should be exciting.

But, if I were playing, I'd be shining up three beauties for checkin time B)

Don't forget the qualifications for entry section . . . . I'm trying to be fair and make people "want" the entry coins.

I will start shining my entry coins they are one generic micro coin, a 2007 USA geocoin and an Appalachian Trail.

:mad::santa:B):P

I won't touch that with a 10ft. pole B) But, for everyone else that is subscribed to this topic, please refer to the creative post from POS as a great example of a NO-NO ;)

Nice one, BTW B)

On the poker website it says that you will determine the value of the coins to buy in and that it can't be coins that have been sold or am I reading it wrong.

No coins "currently available for sale" can be used.

Example, say someone puts in a lacky coin, a mountainbike coin and a volunteer coin. How would that be fair if someone else puts in a current standard USA Geocoin, Generic Geocoin and FTF Coin. So the disclaimer is no coin currently available for sale or being sold at the time of the event.

TMA will accept or decline the coins for buy in based on the above and also in fairness to what other players have contributed.

Bottom line is any coin never sold would be fine and any "sold out" coin would be fine. And as TMA said, the idea is to make the "pot" valueable. In other words, something you would want to win :santa: