Geocoin Fest 2007- A National coin event!

Cornerstone4

Quick question about pre-registration:

If we are shooting for Mega status, why only 250 registration packs! With plenty of time before the event, why not make that all the people who register in the first, say, 10 days, gets a pack. That would give you a good count.

Looking great though, keep up the good work!!!

We are really looking forward to this event! I live locally but may even get a hotel room with Mamaloo and stay the entire time...

Altigenman

WWW.IEcachers.com

If we are shooting for Mega status, why only 250 registration packs! With plenty of time before the event, why not make that all the people who register in the first, say, 10 days, gets a pack. That would give you a good count.

prnt1, we were told that the next event would be listed as MEGA if we had the attendance in the premier event. This is not a MEGA event per say. There is a MEGA event the following day in a nearby town and perhaps that is what you are confused with.

The reason for 250 max... because these bags are heavily vendor sponsored.

We tried to keep the cost of the goodie bags as low as possible. Sponsors have donated the majority of the goodies you will be getting with the bag. Keep in mind, each bag will contain a T-shirt, 1 of the event only coins, one entry into the coin challenge game, (which will give each entrant a custom coin), a pin, patch, and other stuff I can't remeber right now. That's a lot of stuff for $15!!

We need time to get the shirts in, and we don't have enough discretionary money left over to buy extra bags. So, we picked a number that we were confident that we could sell. This is the first year for this event. If we get a good response this year, it will be easier to sell advertising, and get vendor participation next year. Also, it will give us a good idea of how many people will attend.

The event itself is open to anyone that cares to attend. We will have many other local cachers that will come for the event, but aren't necessarily in to buying coins. If we end up with 500 people in attendance, we will see if Groundspeak will modify the status of this event. .

Pre-registration will only be open for 6 weeks or so. I anticipate a flurry of purchases the first few days, but I'm not really sure we are going to sell out of goodie bags...only time will tell!

Or click Pre-registration

Please read the form carefully! And keep in mind:

• The advanced registration goodie bags are only available for pickup at the event

• There is a limit of one (1) bag per attending cacher

• A team can order multiple bags for members who are physically attending (no ordering for the spouse who isn't attending!) :D

• This bag will not be shipped and has to be picked up in-person by the person who ordered it (7 points of valid ID will be required! :P )

:D

If I come, bring your helmets. I'll be the guy dropping free coins from a hot air balloon.

Despite serveral requests (pleas) there won't be a helmet provided in the goodie :D

Attendee-ONLY pre-registration for the Goodie Bags is now active. Link is on bottom of pre-registration page.

Will we get any confirmation other than the Paypal confirmation? Also, what needs to be brought to the event to prove (other than the 7 ID's) we preregistered?

Check the website forums, aside from a few payments made recently, a list of attendees by geonick is posted.

• The advanced registration goodie bags are only available for pickup at the event

Why does this have to be on the other side of the continent from me? :P

Same reason the first couple of GeoWoodstocks were on the wrong side of the continent.

Well, leaving 'right' and 'wrong' labels out of it (so geo-situationally subjective!), all I can say is 'thanks for the fantastic frequent flyer program, Alaska Airlines' :D and 'It's an event on the warm side of the continent'! :D

Pre-registered and I'm ready to go. Will work on expanding my geocoin collection to bring on down with me. Glad this event is close (not local) but we will have fun caching a bit in your area of SoCal. Looking forward to meeting folks and trading coin lists, etc. It looks like a lot of fun!!

Yeah, it's 90% sure - just working out the details....nobody seems to want me swimming in the same pool as them so it's hard to find a hotel with room :cry:

LMAO! :laughing:

I hope it's well chlorinated! :huh:

Is there a way to add the link to the event page on the very first post?

Not sure how to do that, but you could bookmark both for quick access.

I'm hearing a lot of buzz about various people bringing their coins to sell at the event (other than the known vendors), just curious as to how many people will have their coins with them for sale? Sounds like it may get to be a shopping spree for coin collectors!

Yes, I saw this as well in another thread...

As a commitment to our sponsors, nobody will get a table to sell their coins unless they pay for sponsorship. The paid sponsors will each have their own tables to display their product, and do some general schmoozing. :unsure:

That being said, we have also told our sponsors that we do not have the means, nor the desire to police the event for people selling their own coins.

I'm hearing a lot of buzz about various people bringing their coins to sell at the event (other than the known vendors), just curious as to how many people will have their coins with them for sale? Sounds like it may get to be a shopping spree for coin collectors!

I'm looking to trade not buy.

This was my hope as well. Though not having my own personal coin probably means buying more than trading.

I'm looking to trade not buy.

This was my hope as well. Though not having my own personal coin probably means buying more than trading.

Maybe not...

I just saw a thread today that if you bought 10 or more coins, the price was under $5. I'd bet that if you bought 10 of those, you would find some trades at the event!

I'll have my 2007 personal for trades. I don't sell my personals. There will be pleanty of trading, buying and selling at GeocoinFest.

To add to what C4 said, individuals can sell a single coin edition at the event since there is no way to police that kind of activity. However, if an attendee comes and tries to sell multiple types of coins, they will be asked to pay for a vendor table or be shut down from selling.