GPS whch one

albsch

I am new to Geocaching, 3 days and counting, and have the age old question which gps to buy. I have narrowed my search to two units the Explorist 210 a Magellan and the Garmin etrex legend. I don't want to get into the Coke vs Pepsi debate, Dr. Pepper wins hands down, but would like some help. Please give me your thoughts both pro and con on these units. Thanks.

Sorry, but it i a Coke and Pepsi debate. You will find VERY FEW people who have use both enough to give an unbiased opinion.

Anywho, my experience is only with Garmin. I would suggest an Etrex Venture Cx instead of the Legend. New price at the moment is fairly close due to the $50 mail in rebate in effect until the end of the year. The Cx has better reception, a better display, auto-routing, expandable memory, geocaching specific features, custom POIs and better battery life.

Both will do the job just fine. Personally I find the Garmin interface easier to use.

Of the two the Magellan will have better reception. I'm assuming you are talking about the Black and White Legend.

Since both will do the job, make your decision based on features. It doesn't hurt if you have the same GPS as your buddies since they can show you tips and tricks. Otherwise you just have to settle for flipping each other crap over each others GPS. That's fun so maybe you should get what they don't have...

Coke, Pepsi, Ford, Chevy... Knowone knows for sure. It's just what you have growen up with.

I grew up on Magellan, so that's what I like.

If you go with Magellan take a look at Costco on line, WWW.Costco.Com

They have the new Magellan Expl. 500LE, plus MapSend Topo Map, shipping and handling for $179.99.

No, I don't work for Costco or Magellan, just passing along the information.

Nick