daylight savings

Bad_CRC

"daylight saving" not "daylight savings" <_<

blah, blah, blah...

Twice a year that the govt can screw with most of us.

Wish they would can the whole thing. Saves energy my butt!

and merriam-webster says:

"Main Entry: daylight saving time

Function: noun

: time usually one hour ahead of standard time --

called also daylight saving, daylight savings, daylight savings time, daylight time"

so there ;)

Edited by Jhwk

;) Here in the Desert Southwest (Arizona) we do not change............. :)

The first thing I asked the hotel front desk guy last week was "What time is it here" (Prescott). <_<

I think some of the issue was kids waiting for the bus in the dark. At least that's what I remember. I am just glad to see the ticks and skeeters die. Bring on cooler weather and the time change.

Why don't we just split the difference and move the clocks ahead 30 minutes and leave them the hell alone?

The afternoon has gently passed me by

The evening spreads its sail against the sky

Waiting for tomorrow

Just another day

God bid yesterday goodbye

Bring on the night

I couldn't spend another hour of daylight

Bring on the night

I couldn't stand another hour of daylight

The future is but a question mark

Hangs above my head there in the dark

Can't see for the brightness

Is staring me blind

God bid yesterday goodbye

Bring on the night

I couldn't spend another hour of daylight

Bring on the night

I couldn't stand another hour of daylight

anyone doing any additional after-work caching over the next few days?

It's going to be dark after work soon. :o

Bad_CRC,

Start a night caching group like we have up here. It is a great time, and we get to meet lots of other cachers! After all, this is Minnesota. Cold and dark is more than half of our year! :laughing:

Red

:P Here in the Desert Southwest (Arizona) we do not change............. :)

Some thing for Hawaii, we don;t change either. But it makes sense here. We are close enough to the equator that our sunrise/sunset times don't change enough for daylight saving to make sense. However, It does make catching your favorite show on TV a little interesting because everything on cable TV shifts an hour.

:P Here in the Desert Southwest (Arizona) we do not change............. :)

Some thing for Hawaii, we don;t change either. But it makes sense here. We are close enough to the equator that our sunrise/sunset times don't change enough for daylight saving to make sense. However, It does make catching your favorite show on TV a little interesting because everything on cable TV shifts an hour.

DST never makes sense. We kicked it out about 35 years ago but our "beloved" new Govenor and his yes men restarted it this year. I will vote in every election from now on (I did anyway) to vote out the idiots who went against the wishes of the voters and reinstated it. Recent polls here show the majority ov Indiana voters still hate it after trying it out again.

Winter sucks. I have Seasonal Affective Disorder something fierce, and I dread the depression that comes every year. Or maybe it's knowing that Christmas is coming and I gotta deal with my Ex? :)

try light therapy. and/or get out into the sunshine as much as possible. light therapy involves using very very bright light not an ordinary bulb.

mind you i have the ex problem as well!

The entire time I am getting up in the dark I'm unhappy. It sucks.

Of course what I REALLY want is to be retired. :yikes: I believe I should go to bed when *** I *** want and then get up when the sunshine and the bird song gently wakes me. Yeah, that's the ticket! Not only was I not made for getting up in the dark, I wasn't designed to be tethered to a stupid JOB!!!!!

So what's the problem with caching in the dark????

why would someone do this?

I don't see any appeal to it at all. Even if I did, most of the parks are closed at dusk.

BLASPHEMY!!!! :yikes::huh::o

Some of my FAVORITE cache hunts have been at night.

May 1, 2003 by Snoogans (471 found)

This entry is rated PG13:

I stood at the opening to that place (I wouldn't call it an entrance, for entrance implies an eventual exit.) thinking, 'If I was on a movie screen right now, there would be someone in the theater yelling for me not to go in there!' I'll say this: 'If there is a house back there somewhere, at least one room is wallpapered with human skin.'

Standing at the opening in the dark, that space looked like a great big mouth waiting to swallow me. I took my heater out of my pack and put it in my pocket. I took my Night Vision out and turned it on and started in and then stopped. Low clouds means no moon and no stars to give ambient light to the device. Doh! I could see from side to side, but not down the road. There was nothing for the internal illuminator to bounce off of. I worked the problem out by shining my flashlight down the road in short bursts. I could see only marginally further. That got every firefly in the place going though. They must have thought I was the mother biggest firefly they ever saw and they all wanted some. There musta been hundreds. It was really cool.

Anyhooo, so I'm walkin down the road enjoying the fireflies and scheming to yank everyone’s chain in my post. So I get to the spot where my GPS zeros out and start my search, everything's okay and I find it in about 5 min. So, I trade 2 new calculators, 2 sets of earplugs, and my signature night raid item (A glow in the dark dinosaur this time) for a red bandana, the Cheep Cheep TB, and a CD. (Ugh country music. That cover was false advertising, it's destined for the Juke Box cache) The time is now 11:58pm.

At just before midnight a swarm of mosquitoes descended on me like the Geritol Set descends on the buffets in Las Vegas, sweat started pouring in my eyes and I heard......something. I quickly tried to take a pic with the cache camera. Sorry, SigJ, I wasted 2 shots before I figured out the flash and then I heard... something further off. I quickly covered everything up and started out after putting my heater and the NV back in my pack and getting my keys out for a quick getaway. I knew the lay of the land and didn't so much as stumble the whole way out. I used my flashlight only to incite the fireflies...until.....I came across the big water filled pothole with a wet tire track headed out. (South) That was very disconcerting because only minutes earlier I had been at the same spot and....THERE WAS NO FREAKIN MUDDY TRACK THERE!!! No panic...I train people to respond rather than react and practice the same. My tape was runnin at that point. No time to get strapped again, so I just headed OUT!........................................................ Then, within sight of the creepy overgrown entrance sign....SOMETHING....LARGE....Dropped to the ground with a thud that I could feel through the soles of my shoes. It ran crashing through the brush for a short distance and stopped cold. I had a complete primal reaction: Every hair on my body became a stiff wire. Every vein and capillary dilated and every muscle tensed. MY heart slowed rather than raced. (I think my hangy downies sucked up into my body cavity as well.) I was in a fighting crouch without realizing it. The only thing that got my feet moving was the realization that my last meal would have been from Taco Bell. I walked rather stiffly to my car about 250 yards away. I had planned at least 2 more caches for the night. Instead, I just went home and didn't sleep well.

Again, I double dog dare anyone to do that cache at night. Get a friend to stand at the opening and try it by yourself. I deserve a medal (or a dunce cap) for this one!!!