Rocky Mountain Mega Event

BadAndy

This still a go. Several area caches are having a meeting in Twin Falls Idaho this weekend to discuss. It is active on the area forums. Things that have be dissused are charter day trip to Yellowstone National Park, a show by local Mountain Men etc. All still in the planing stage. Stay tuned...

http://s12.invisionfree.com/SEIGO/index.ph...;CODE=getactive

http://www.idahogeocachers.org/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2111

:cool:

This still a go. Several area caches are having a meeting in Twin Falls Idaho this weekend to discuss. It is active on the area forums. Things that have be dissused are charter day trip to Yellowstone National Park, a show by local Mountain Men etc. All still in the planing stage. Stay tuned...

http://s12.invisionfree.com/SEIGO/index.ph...;CODE=getactive

http://www.idahogeocachers.org/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2111

:blink:

Thanks for the links! I went to the second link, as I didn't have to sign up, and discovered you guys are very busy with this. I am anxiuosly (sp) waiting! :unsure:

Having a meeting to work out logistics at the site. GC10XQ9 More to come. This is going to be a great event! :rolleyes:

After the meeting (next few days), could you give us a couple of details. Am interested in hearing a little more about what some of the plans are. :rolleyes: Thanks.

Tsun :anibad:

Meeting is tomorrow but there is supposed to be a 4H horse show the same week end at the other end of the fair grounds. Just horsin around may want to check it out! Someone from SEIGO will post again soon.

http://www.seigosite.com/

Having a meeting to work out logistics at the site. GC10XQ9 More to come. This is going to be a great event! ;)

After the meeting (next few days), could you give us a couple of details. Am interested in hearing a little more about what some of the plans are. ;) Thanks.

Tsun B)

Meeting is tomorrow but there is supposed to be a 4H horse show the same week end at the other end of the fair grounds. Just horsin around may want to check it out! Someone from SEIGO will post again soon.

Nice new website. 4H days are over for me. It's strictly trail and rodeos B)

I had wondered if there was an area to trailer in horses or if anyone else was planning on bringing theirs with. Then I had to remind myself that this was a geocaching event, not a geocacher trail riders meeting B) Oh well, guess I'll just bring my banjo instead ;) Yes, I really do have one but I'm still not that good.

Having a meeting to work out logistics at the site. GC10XQ9 More to come. This is going to be a great event! :laughing:

After the meeting (next few days), could you give us a couple of details. Am interested in hearing a little more about what some of the plans are. ;) Thanks.

Tsun ;)

Nice new website. 4H days are over for me. It's strictly trail and rodeos :D

I had wondered if there was an area to trailer in horses or if anyone else was planning on bringing theirs with. Then I had to remind myself that this was a geocaching event, not a geocacher trail riders meeting :D Oh well, guess I'll just bring my banjo instead ;) Yes, I really do have one but I'm still not that good.

I know I can't wait for the event!!! B)

Wow.. can't believe we missed this thread. Certainly count us as interested and if you need any help in organization from the Wyoming side of things. Our summer schedule will not be completely set until the first week of April, however. We are still waiting to see which Art Fairs we have been invited to attend and will set up our schedule based on that and when we decide to have our family vacation. One of the Art Fairs we juried in for is in Jackson, but we will take the July date rather than the August one. We have already committed to one in August in Loveland, CO - but I believe it would be well after the time frame you have this event planned for.

After some unforeseen bumps in the road, the Rocky Mountain Rendezvous Mega Event is on track again. The event is August 3-5, 2007 in Blackfoot, Idaho and is going to be great. Coins and T-shirts are in the works as well as entertainment, great food, great fun, and everything else that a great event has.

Look back here for links to the actual GC cache page and Event Website in the very near future.

Looking forward to seeing many, many cachers at this wonderful event.

After some unforeseen bumps in the road, the Rocky Mountain Rendezvous Mega Event is on track again. The event is August 3-5, 2007 in Blackfoot, Idaho and is going to be great. Coins and T-shirts are in the works as well as entertainment, great food, great fun, and everything else that a great event has.

Look back here for links to the actual GC cache page and Event Website in the very near future.

Looking forward to seeing many, many cachers at this wonderful event.

Glad to see something posted about this, was starting to wonder if this was really going to be a go or not. Looking forward to attending my first event and a mega at that :laughing: Thanks for the update 4Bows.

tsun

This looks like a great time -I'll try to make it if I can get the time away from work. How do I contact the organizers with a question??

Cheers,

Lookout Lisa

You can send an e-mail to our gc.com address and hopefully we can answer the question for you.

As 4 Bows said this is back and going to be great. The page has been submitted to GC and should be up in a day or so. We are working on the web site and it should be running within the week. Look for great food, live entertainment with local mountian men, a trading post, wool spinning, bead work, a pre 1840 large gun display, flint knapping, leather working, a candy cannon for the kids and lots more! We will keep you all posted. We are shooting for a turn out of over 500. Later

Reddodger

:anitongue:

We're in the first stages of planning a Mega event in the heart of the Rockies, a stones throw from Yellowstone Natl park.

Before we commit our own money and begin fundraising efforts for this project, we'd like to gauge the actual interest in this event.

We envision a Rendevous style gathering with chuckwagon and dutch oven meals and a tent city. Tents and other needed gear will be made available for attendees, as well as RV hookups and local hotels. A guided day trip to Yellowstone is also on the agenda.

Timeframe is Aug 3-5 2007

Is this something you'd attend?

Have you been able to put this together? It sounds great.

We're in the first stages of planning a Mega event in the heart of the Rockies, a stones throw from Yellowstone Natl park.

Before we commit our own money and begin fundraising efforts for this project, we'd like to gauge the actual interest in this event.

We envision a Rendevous style gathering with chuckwagon and dutch oven meals and a tent city. Tents and other needed gear will be made available for attendees, as well as RV hookups and local hotels. A guided day trip to Yellowstone is also on the agenda.

Timeframe is Aug 3-5 2007

Is this something you'd attend?

Have you been able to put this together? It sounds great.

See Fluteface's post above.