GeoHypocrisy

Who is "threatening" anyone?

There is quite a difference between the word you keep insinuating and the one it really is which is promise.

That was discussed a ways back. Perhaps you should take a look?

Ok man... if you want to be taken seriously, you have GOT to stop using this "defense" in your position. You're playing with semantics, and as anyone using a message board knows, that solves nothing.

If someone were to say to me "I promise that I will break your legs, slit your throat, and scoop out your esophagus with a rusty nail", the fact that the word "threat" wasn't in there doesn't make it not. Perhaps you should look into the definition of the word "extortion":

extortion

n 2: unjust exaction (as by the misuse of authority)

Hey, sounds like what you're saying you'll do to a "T"

So seriously... stop falling back on the "it's not a threat". It's getting you nowhere. Dig up man, dig up!

Edited by Kabuthunk

Because he is an idiot that can't read guidelines?

El Diablo

El Diablo, you really should get that temper checked...

Oh wait, El Diablo.............

Ok, never mind, I get the name :P

What guidelines?

Oh wait, There aren't any posted at Grey Towers.

Or ANY other National Forest or US Forest Service site in PA besides the site listed.

So what gives the reviewers a right to place permissions that aren't there when I said that I am responsible for my own caches? Trust me, IF any heat came because of them, I could take it. But there wouldn't be any as I know the area.

Do YOU know MY area?

There are guidelines posted for every cache. You should read them sometime. You can read...right? if not I'll be happy to talk you through them. Just PM me your number.

Don't let the name El Diablo fool you. I'm a very nice friendly guy. Come see me sometime. :)

El Diablo

I've tried to stay out of this rant/thread, but now that I have done a little research, I'll give you all my opinions. The Land Administrator (District Forester, District Ranger, Land Manager, whatever) has the final say as to the location and type of cache they will allow on the land they administer. This spring I located GC1600 which is on Forest Service Land at the corner of 14th & Independence in Washington DC. It is a virtual since a cachebox and logbook cannot be placed there. An example of a properly done cache in a historic location in Pennsylvania is GC8A48 Monumentally Amazed. This takes you all over the Gettysburg battlefield and lets you get credit for a multi by emailing the "owner".

I worked for 35+ years for the PA Bureau of Forestry. If someone wants to place a cache on State Forest Land in PA, it is advisable to talk to the District Forester first to address any concerns DCNR may have.

If you have the District Forester on your side and tell the reviewer that you discussed it, publication should come quickly. I chose one of my favorite spots in the Bald Eagle State Forest for my 100th cache find.

The "approved" caches in my old district have a round seal "placed with DCNR permission".

Don't try putting a micro inside the Liberty Bell without permission. You can ask the feds for permission but don't be angered if both the feds and the reviewer say NO! :P

Tom Fuller Crescent, OR

And I can take whatever El Diablo has to say in any event.

It's just words.

I'm not asking for him to be banned and he can say anything he wants to me as he has the right to free speech also.

So everybody else can just shuttie about that...............

My phone number is 336-548-4464 We can take what I have to say to private. If you can't afford the call send me your number.

El Diablo

Because he is an idiot that can't read guidelines?

El Diablo

El Diablo, you really should get that temper checked...

Oh wait, El Diablo.............

Ok, never mind, I get the name :P

What guidelines?

Oh wait, There aren't any posted at Grey Towers.

Or ANY other National Forest or US Forest Service site in PA besides the site listed.

So what gives the reviewers a right to place permissions that aren't there when I said that I am responsible for my own caches? Trust me, IF any heat came because of them, I could take it. But there wouldn't be any as I know the area.

Do YOU know MY area?

Dude, listen. You have a bad attitude, I say that as an outside observer. In this thread I've seen one person defend you, three or four who think you may have a point, but the rest have all told you repeatedly that your attitude will only bring you grief, not help, yet still you persist. See yourself how others see you, you talk about Raymond? You are acting no different.

This is a PRIVATELY owned listing site, they have the right to require permission in triplicate if they want to, they can require you to recite the Pledge of Alligence backwards if they want to, you have no leg to stand on. They don't care who you are or who you know, because YOU can't hurt them, not even if you are really George W Bush. So go ahead and use that itchy finger, no one will even notice.

Or apologize for your overboard response and start posting like a civilized human being.

Option three of course is to take your ball and go home, because if this is how you want to play, no one else will play with you.

Ah but US Forest Service land is ENTIRELY a different roll of red tape from DCNR in PA.

Allegheny (US Forest Service) has the ONLY posted rules for geocaching in PA in that branch of the tree and allows with ZERO permission required as long as you follow the rules.

Grey Towers has no policy whatsoever but the PA Reviewers made one up to fry my clams.

Do geocache reviewers now make rules in US Forest's? They need to collect a paycheck if so..................

And I can take whatever El Diablo has to say in any event.

It's just words.

I'm not asking for him to be banned and he can say anything he wants to me as he has the right to free speech also.

So everybody else can just shuttie about that...............

Actually, my warning was for his benefit, not yours... :P

I realize you have a real complex here, but even you, with all of your connections, cannot prevent El D from getting a ban if he resorts to personal attacks.

Part of the forum guidelines...oh, I forgot, you don't read guidelines.

Get over yourself dude...

Why you haven't been banned is beyond me. You've made threats to reviewers...yet you are still here.

I'll probably get banned before you.

El Diablo

Who is "threatening" anyone?

There is quite a difference between the word you keep insinuating and the one it really is which is promise.

That was discussed a ways back. Perhaps you should take a look?

Track,

Do it or take your ball, go home, pout in your room, and cry on mommies shoulder about all those mean geocachers. It has been explained to you over and over about what needs to be done and you still don't get it. Everybody on here is sick of the whining, crying, and the itchy finger. If you come in with an attitude and yer gonna get attitude.

With that plan all that Life, Liberty, and the Persuit of Happiness you are so fond of will be gone for yet more of us than it is already. Think about it.

And what makes me so interested in YOUR right to those things when mine has been and is being trashed?...

The simple fact that you're other posts in the other threads ask for our aid for your purposes and your rights. An honorable person gives as they ask.

With that plan all that Life, Liberty, and the Persuit of Happiness you are so fond of will be gone for yet more of us than it is already. Think about it.

And what makes me so interested in YOUR right to those things when mine has been and is being trashed?...

The simple fact that you're other posts in the other threads ask for our aid for your purposes and your rights. An honorable person gives as they ask.

Mark...I must have missed something. All I see him doing is demanding and crying.

Jerry

In any event, I have archived the caches I DID have active being this "game" has been turned into work.

Who needs that?

Like Criminal said in one of his posts, "Remember, this started as an underground hobby........."

But big bucks won't allow it to remain an underground hobby.......

It's not a hobby anymore then, just admit it.

It's a SECOND JOB!!!

Boy, people will be lining up around the block for that......

Especially being they get that SECOND PAYCHECK!

In any event, I have archived the caches I DID have active being this "game" has been turned into work.

Who needs that?

Like Criminal said in one of his posts, "Remember, this started as an underground hobby........."

It's a SECOND JOB!!!

Dude...cut the meds in half! Everything will be ok. I promise. :P

El Diablo

Who needs that?

It's a SECOND JOB!!!

You know what would be even less work? Letting it go. Don't let the door hit you....(but if it did you could get your attorneys on it)

Edited by ThePropers

El Diablo

Yeah I WOULD need meds to continue to be subjected to THIS without getting paid for it.

I go through less hassle WORKING than I did trying to geocache............

And I make $70 + an hour...............

Im still waiting for you to call. 336-548-4464

El Diablo

Y'know, I think this topic deserves recognition.

Who's up for voting that the term "Pulling a trackinthebox" be used for someone making threats if a cache isn't posted?

I think that is too specific. How about, "That person is a real trackinthebox" for someone who rants.

Or, we can substitute it for the word "angst" as in - "This week's trackinthebox-free thread"

El Diablo

Yeah I WOULD need meds to continue to be subjected to THIS without getting paid for it.

I go through less hassle WORKING than I did trying to geocache............

And I make $70 + an hour...............

El Diablo

I'll call you, but my kids are being noisy right now. :)

My question is who is he wanting to call with his itchy finger so badly?? :) I really don't get that.

El Diablo

I'm sure.......

You have something to say, say it here or via PM.

I don't have enough time on my throw away phone right now................

I have free long distance. I will be happy to call you. I've already sent one PM and no response.

El Diablo

Who's up for voting that the term "Pulling a trackinthebox" be used for someone making threats if a cache isn't posted?

Tomorrow is a new day.

Clear head, as you people are enough to drive me to drink (which I have)

And PLEASE, for the LAST time.

Threats are quite different from promises.........

Didn't you learn that saying in school?

"It's not a threat, it's a promise"

Threats imply some grave harm to individuals which I am not doing.

Promises imply that you won't win if I decide to.

Big difference

El Diablo

I'm sure.......

If you don't have enough time on the phone, how are you going to handle calling all of your attorneys, the heads of the Wal-Marts, Home Depots, etc. to carry out your dastardly plan?

And if you are really making $70+ per hour, don't you think you should upgrade from a disposable?

Why am I wasting my time on this?? :P

Tomorrow is a new day.

Big difference

I don't know about everyone else...but I'm terrified that a 13 year old will bring us down. Please...Please...spare us your wrath!

El Diablo

Big difference

So I am assuming you have yet to decide to win?? Cause, from this side you have the short end of the stick.

I really want to see what you got... all of what you got... I want you to win, I really do, because if you are as powerful as you say you are...

well you get the point. Since you have promised, I am holding you to it. I want to see some follow through.

If you don't have enough time on the phone, how are you going to handle calling all of your attorneys, the heads of the Wal-Marts, Home Depots, etc. to carry out your dastardly plan?

And if you are really making $70+ per hour, don't you think you should upgrade from a disposable?

Why am I wasting my time on this?? :)

Dastardly plan? :P Wow, you make me sound like Dick Dastardly or Snidely Whiplash from the old cartoons! :)

No need to be a cartoon villian to shut down caches in the area and beyond is there?

BTW, I DO have other phones, but my disposable (the one I can microwave in 10 seconds flat if need be) is out of time right now, sorry.......

BTW, I highly recommend Torpark as a browser to anyone concerned with security......

El Diablo

I'm sure.......

I'm curoius that a man of you influence doesn't have enough minutes to chat to a person like me? Are you saying that you really don't have the funds?

It's ok. I just thought you might be man enough to talk to someone in person. I quess you are afraid.

I can understand that given your age. I'm sure your mom told you not to talk to strangers.

El Diablo

I haven't visited the forums for a while. Thanks for reminding me why! For God's sake, would somebody go ahead and shut this thing down already! It's apparent that reasoning doesn't work with this guy. He already KNOWS he's in the wrong. He just likes the attention. And by the way, the first rule of calling a bluff is that if he keeps threatening over and over to shoot, HE AIN'T GOT ANY BULLETS!

Where's CYBret's wisdom and whit when you need it?

I haven't visited the forums for a while. Thanks for reminding me why! For God's sake, would somebody go ahead and shut this thing down already! It's apparent that reasoning doesn't work with this guy. He already KNOWS he's in the wrong. He just likes the attention. And by the way, the first rule of calling a bluff is that if he keeps threatening over and over to shoot, HE AIN'T GOT ANY BULLETS!

Where's CYBret's wisdom and whit when you need it?

I wish you lived in my area so I could get hot fresh pizzas as trade items. That would be great.

He's got nothing but empty threats...errr...promises. It's blatantly obvious.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Big difference

OK, how's this for a promise?

I PROMISE that at the rate you are going, you won't have to worry about geocaching or these forums much longer because they people that run the PRIVATELY OWNED website you are using are gonna exercise their rights by showing you the door. And SINCE it's a private site, they can make up any rule they feel like before listing your cache on their PRIVATELY OWNED website. Just like you have the right to make people with green shirts on recite a Thomas Jefferson quote before they can come in your house; the people behind this website can make you jump through any hoop they feel like before listing (or not) your cache.

Now be a good little boy and go BackInYourBox, mmmkay?

I personally am against shutting this thread down. I have a constant flow of interesting reading material. I believe we are going to set a record for most post in one topic in one day.

AND.... we can't ban the guy. Then how would we thank him for getting rid of Walmart caches?

Waaaaaait a second! Are you trying to say that despite his claims of discrimination that he has had two caches published here? That can't possibly be true because it would blow his argument about reviewer bias out of the water.

Go look at his profile. :P

Not only is he too busy to call, and is on top of the forums, he was also able to retreive his recently archived caches.

Anyone in the area want to go see if they are still there? Since they are archived, anything you find there is surely trash. You may get a good container out of the deal.

How many people think he should call me?

El Diablo

Mr. $70+ per hour but uses a disposable phone, too busy to call but able to stay on top of the forums, isn't going to call. He's been called out and is unable to produce.

He won't even answer a PM..and that's free.

El Diablo

I'm not for or against either side here.. but from a neutral side I can understand why he feels the way he does.

He has been near harrassed since he first posted this in the NE folders, when this had almost died out over there someone had to fan the flames again. And again. And again. (sigh)

Erm - you do know who STARTED this thread, right?

Not only is he too busy to call, and is on top of the forums, he was also able to retreive his recently archived caches.

Anyone in the area want to go see if they are still there? Since they are archived, anything you find there is surely trash. You may get a good container out of the deal.

How many people think he should call me?

El Diablo

Mr. $70+ per hour but uses a disposable phone, too busy to call but able to stay on top of the forums, isn't going to call. He's been called out and is unable to produce.

He won't even answer a PM..and that's free.

El Diablo