Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon Coin - Pre Order

GA Cacher

Those Coin Guys, GA Cacher and Madhattersneverland offer to you the Breast Cancer Awareness Trackable Geocoin.

Here is the link to the website.. with a full drawing price and ordering info.

Breast Cancer Awareness Geocoin

This coin will be in Shiny Polished Nickel ( this is the what most coins call Silver)

It will be 1.75 inches

The center of the ribbon is cut out and the coin is cut in the shape of the ribbon.

The cut out lends itself to attached on your bag with a carabineer or for a key chain or to attach a Travel Bug info tag.

the finish will be Hard Enamel

It will be trackable with the icon of the pink ribbon

We hope to make at least 500 coins but if the demand goes higher we will make up to 1000 coins.

Each coin can be personalized !!!!

Here YOU can have 22 character and spaces to personalize every coin. Each coin you order can have a totally different personalization! Some will have there caching name, team name or club name.

Many will have the name of a loved one who was a victim or a survivor engraved here. I lost my favorite cousin to breast cancer last July. You can bet I will have some coins with her name to pass out to family. Another cacher friend of mine, Team PEZs mother is a survivor and he will be placing her name on a few. Some will purchase the coin as is with no personalization. The cost of the engraving will be in the price of the coin.

The major thing is that this coin is NOT for profit.

This coin will be priced to keep it as low as possible. With that in mind ANY and ALL monies that are left after paying for the coin, tracking number, shipping and packaging, We mean ALL extra monies will be DONATED to the Susan Komen Foundation. No profit on this coin.

Our designer has donated his talent.

Our coin producer, Coins and Pins, has generously priced this at 10 % below normal price.

Only the cost of the coin, packing materials, postage, fees and the tracking number cost will be paid out with all remaining money donated.to the Susan G Komen Cancer Foundation

The $8 price includes personalization?

YES IT DOES

Well for $8.00 -

A beautiful coin for your collection

1.75 inch Hard enamel trackable coin

A pink ribbon Icon for your profile

A coin that you can personalize with 22 characters and spaces

All shipping , handling , postage and fees included

A good feeling that you might have made a difference in someone's life

This coin is very inexpensive, seems like there won't be much left to donate to the Susan Komen Foundation. Why not jack up the price by $1.00 and that dollar also goes to the cause? :D

Yes we have tried to keep the cost low so that every one could get as many coins as they wish. We didn't want to have anyone not get a coin with a loved ones name just because we priced the coin at $10 plus shipping. The Susan Komen site does have a donation link that you can give on line. Unfortunatly the smallest amount is $5, so when we invoice the coin we will add a block for people to add .50, .75 or $1.00 if they wish. Again all monies will go to Susan Komen.

Thanks for your support and suggestion.

Edited by GA Cacher

This coin is very inexpensive, seems like there won't be much left to donate to the Susan Komen Foundation. Why not jack up the price by $1.00 and that dollar also goes to the cause? :D

Yes we have tried to keep the cost low so that every one could get as many coins as they wish. We didn't want to have anyone not get a coin with a loved ones name just because we priced the coin at $10 plus shipping. The Susan Komen site does have a donation link that you can give on line. Unfortunatly the smallest amount is $5, so when we invoice the coin we will add a block for peole to add .50, .75 or $1.00 if they wish. Again all monies will go to Susan Komen.

Thanks for your support and suggestion.

I like that idea, too!

G'day

International orders?

Andrew

Very good question and thanks for the intrest.

Yes we would love to have these coins world wide.

In our costing out of the coin we of course added a small amount for domestic postage to arrive at the $8.00 US price.

In keeping with our goal to offer a high quality meaningful personalized coin at a fair price, and to have a bit left over for the foundation we would have to add more for international orders.

In the past the most expensive mailings have been to the British Isles and down to OZ. Therefore to just add a arbitrary dollar figure for all international orders would not be fair to all.

The best way to be fair would be to accept $8 US per coin and since we will have the weight of coins and packing material we could add the estimated mail cost to your invoice. We would use the cost of mailing fromm the USPS website. This cost would be for each country on a one by one basis.

This adds a bit of work for us but it is a labour of love after all.

Is this fair in your eyes.

I await your suggestion.

G'day

International orders?

Andrew

Very good question and thanks for the intrest.

Yes we would love to have these coins world wide.

In our costing out of the coin we of course added a small amount for domestic postage to arrive at the $8.00 US price.

In keeping with our goal to offer a high quality meaningful personalized coin at a fair price, and to have a bit left over for the foundation we would have to add more for international orders.

In the past the most expensive mailings have been to the British Isles and down to OZ. Therefore to just add a arbitrary dollar figure for all international orders would not be fair to all.

The best way to be fair would be to accept $8 US per coin and since we will have the weight of coins and packing material we could add the estimated mail cost to your invoice. We would use the cost of mailing fromm the USPS website. This cost would be for each country on a one by one basis.

This adds a bit of work for us but it is a labour of love after all.

Is this fair in your eyes.

I await your suggestion.

Hi there!!

To Portugal, how much will cost?

THanks

In our costing out of the coin we of course added a small amount for domestic postage to arrive at the $8.00 US price.In keeping with our goal to offer a high quality meaningful personalized coin at a fair price, and to have a bit left over for the foundation we would have to add more for international orders.

I am surpised by that given that a lot of minters have standard prices for x number of coins or do like http://www.hogwildstuff.org/ do and charge a set price for the first coin and then an increment amount for each coin thereafter.

I don't disagree with your concept as such but I think you are making this more complicated than you need to. I suggest adopting either Hogwildstuff's approach or looking at the table at http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub51/51tblb_002.html#vnameref_1. Based on my own experience receiving lots of coins from the US and posting them, up to three coins plus packaging normally comes in under 4 oz which has a maximum price of US$3.70. My suggestion would be to weigh a package of say three coins to confirm this, set the price at the maximum for that weight and offer up to three coins for a set postage price. If postage comes in a bit less to some countries (or less coins) donate the difference to your charity. For orders over three coins offer a quote on demand.

How does that sound?

Andrew

A genuine question not meant to derail this thread. Feel free to answer it in this other thread. Info from the people behind this coin and TPTB would be more than welcomed. Other thread

What was the process of getting approval from the foundation to use their name on the coin? Did they require anything in particular so as not to violate anything that is registered or copyrighted? Was there much more effort to get it approved from Groundspeak since it was using a foundation's name and was for charity? Most know their stance on charity caches and were wondering if it is a different policy as for trackables and such.

Once again this isn't meant to derail this thread but rather some serious information is being asked so others can adhere to and we can all understand what the process is without violating anyone. We would all hate to see something that was meant to be for good, turn bad because proper permission wasn't sought.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Before I purchase this coin, can you tell me whether the foundation has given their permission for their copyrighted name and pink ribbon to be used for this coin? Coming from a family very familiar with this organization and their works, I would love to get one, but I would not buy one if this was done without their consent.

Ok, maybe it was just an oversight by GAcacher of not reading one more post up.... But, some of us would like to know the answer to pghlooking's questions of permission/authoriztion to use the logo/trademark of the ribbon. When I see a "thanks for your order", but nothing in response to these questions it reads to me like the answer is a big "NO" that permission was not given (or maybe even sought). I'm hoping you just missed his multiple posts, but on the other hand, silence can speak volumes.

I am getting the feeling this is not simple oversight but rather a planned silence. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I am going to assume this coin is clearly not done with any permission of anyone at the foundation. That would make it a violation of their copyright. That would also make a noble effort of bringing the awareness of something as tragic as breast cancer, into something very disgusting which would be taking it upon yourself to violate the very foundation you wish to honor. Is this what Geocoins are becoming? That is sad. Like I said. Feel free to speak up, but it isn't like you havn't had the chance or seen the thread.