Cache Across America - Interest in Coin?

Blue Power Ranger

Hi -

I have just recently started collecting geocoins, and have been the organizer for the Cache Across America Series.

If you haven't seen it - the bookmark list is here.

It is a series with 1 cache in each state. There are codes in each cache, and once you have found all 50, you would have the coordinates for the final which is still being worked on, but getting closer. We have multiple people that are really going after this series and it has been fun to watch them.

What we are wondering is if there would be interest in a coin for this series.

We would want to use the artwork we designed for the cache pages which is this -

166de36d-345c-48ac-a95b-898064ff2c2c.jpg

The only thing I worry about is that I don't want it to be too similar to other ones that have been released recently.

Another thing I want to be clear is that I absolutely want to make no money from this coin. I would want to sell it at as close to cost as I can to keep it as cost-effective as possible for everyone.

I would make it trackable with it's own icon.

I guess what I am asking is this -

Is this something people would be interested in? How many different metals do people like to have things minted in?

Can you let me know if you would buy this? If I have enough interest I would defintely get the ball rolling.

THANKS!!

Blue Power Ranger

Great idea. I would want one.

Do a metal you sell to everyone and then a metal that just the owners can get. (Then I can bug Rebel for one of those LE.)

I like this idea. Have a metal that you only do for those who complete the Cache Across America Series.

Ditto the above comments ;) :

One metal for cache owners (LE)

One metal for those who have completed the series (XLE)

One metal for those of us who will probably never get to complete the series. (regular)

:laughing:CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Do a metal you sell to everyone and then a metal that just the owners can get. (Then I can bug Rebel for one of those LE.)

I like this idea. Have a metal that you only do for those who complete the Cache Across America Series.

OK - so what if I offered like 100 for the hiders only, with the chance to buy 2 each until I have heard from all of them, and then offer any left to just the hiders.

OK - so what if I offered like 100 for the hiders only, with the chance to buy 2 each until I have heard from all of them, and then offer any left to just the hiders.

thats a good plan and will help distribution also

count me in !!!

BTW: I noticed that there are only 42 caches listed. Which states, besides Hawaii, are missing one of these caches?

CF30

There are 8 more states not finished. While setting up the series we have been going for "cool places in your state" rather than speed in getting them up, although we are pushing a little to get them done now because we have people contacting us quite a bit asking when a particular state will be done, and we have a really cool place being worked on for the final.

In the last little bit, for whatever reason, we now have a few states left open looking for new hiders. Right now we are looking for

Virginia

North Dakota

Delaware

Montana &

Hawaii.

In the works right now are Idaho, New Jersey, and Florida.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

We like the Cache Across America Series and have been able to do one so far because it was well placed. :D We wanted to do another but since it would have added an additional 3 hours to our trip we decided it was, unfortunately, not doable. Not sure if we will ever get back to that area to find it. ;) Since the series of caches is already hard enough to get to by nature of their placements (the ones we checked out do not seem to be near major roadways which, in our opinion, should be how this kind of series went) we would vote for not making the coins limiting as to who can buy which edition. The hiders are the hiders by the great chance of being first to post on the forums volunteering to hide one in their state (ok we know there are still states to place a cache and if we lived in one of them you can be sure we would have spoken for it already.) We would have gladly hidden one in our state but someone beat us to it. Such is life. One day we will make the trek to get that one.

We think the coins should be easy for everyone to get, one metal to represent a unified nation as the series of caches surely represents. Or make an LE in a different metal but make it available for everyone to buy. If you want a really special coin for those that finish it, great, but for the rest of us hiders and seekers, we should all have the same shot at the coins. We need something to represent our miniscule success in this sereis. :):P:D Our .02.