Sonic Keyfinder as Cache Locator

D_Skids

Please give me your thoughts on the following:

I was thinking of an original way to hide a cache and I thought about attaching a Sonic Keyfinder to the cache.

This means the co-ordinates would get the cacher close to the cache and then they whistle and follow the beeps to the cache location.

I know I will have to keep the keyfinder dry (I wonder how well it would work from inside the cache container) and also make sure the batteries are replaced when needed.

Has anybody ever tried doing this and if so did you find it was feasible.

Many thanks for any feedback.

D_Skids

Please give me your thoughts on the following:

I was thinking of an original way to hide a cache and I thought about attaching a Sonic Keyfinder to the cache.

This means the co-ordinates would get the cacher close to the cache and then they whistle and follow the beeps to the cache location.

I know I will have to keep the keyfinder dry (I wonder how well it would work from inside the cache container) and also make sure the batteries are replaced when needed.

Has anybody ever tried doing this and if so did you find it was feasible.

Many thanks for any feedback.

D_Skids

I hope no muggles whistle nearby otherwise they might get a surprise! Would make a good mystery especially if you didn't tell people that they had to whistle but they had to work it out somehow?

Was thinking just the same thing over the summer and I think it should be possible, there were a number of things I was thinking of testing to see if it was viable (not got round to it) like follow:-

Whistle range

Waterproofing - should be simple

How best to attach to cache so it's in the perfect position after each find

Battery life, had thought of attaching solar panels to get round it (daylight only)

You probable need to put it somewhere it can be maintained regularly, and probable not in popular places

I've got other ideas which are long term (require lots of testing before placing), one of which I got watching a US reality show called 'Treasure Hunters'

The only one of these I've seen in the wild gets killed by cold weather fairly regularly. My take on a similar theme was a waterproof digital watch, with its alarm set to go off at a specified time every day/night. Might be an idea?

I may be easily pleased :laughing: , but what a great idea :unsure: . I will try not to steal it . Can you let me know what liquid ect you consume :unsure: that lets you have such good ideas , as im struggling to get passed AT BASE OF TREE.

The only one of these I've seen in the wild gets killed by cold weather fairly regularly. My take on a similar theme was a waterproof digital watch, with its alarm set to go off at a specified time every day/night. Might be an idea?
I may be easily pleased :laughing: , but what a great idea :unsure: . I will try not to steal it . Can you let me know what liquid ect you consume :unsure: that lets you have such good ideas , as im struggling to get passed AT BASE OF TREE.
You might enjoy this then:

Can you let me know what liquid ect you consume <_< that lets you have such good ideas...

It's not liquid - his secret lies in regular consumption of.... a plate of chips. I have proof. ;)