WatchList emails not coming in

MissJenn

Something is still not right with the messages as of 3:09pm (eastern) today.

Yesterday I received notifications just fine, but today I have not received notifications for TBs that I own that I know have moved or been discovered, nor have I received any notifications for an event I own happening on this weekend.

Anyone know what is going on?

That's great! But does it solve the problem of missing some and not other notifications in a bookmark over the past several months? Is this a different issue, that needs a different thread?

Doesn't look like the intermittent bookmark e-mails issue has been solved based on the e-mails I did and didn't receive yesterday and today. So should this be a different thread?

I have 50+ caches on my watchlist. I've really not been paying attention, but today I looked and discovered some I haven't been notified on in months. I did notice I had this message on my forum homepage;

EMAIL WARNING

Your email address has been changed because it was in use by another account. This means that all email will NOT go to your correct email address - this could include lost password notifications, etc.

PLEASE change your email address immediately.

I'm guessing that has something to do with my wife and I having two accounts but using the same email address. I do get some watchlist notices and some other email, but some items on my watchlist, I may have never received an email.

What does it mean that my email address has been changed? Changed to what? And does this have anything to do with not getting some watchlist notices?

I know this thread was posted a few months ago, but I have been having this problem for the past two weeks. I haven't been receiving any watch list emails, but still get forum notifications. I tried deleting my watchlist entries and re-entering them (fortunately I don't have many...), but that didn't work. I had hoped it was a temporary server issue... but it hasn't started to work.

It had been working fine a few weeks back, and they don't appear to be going to a spam/junk folder...

Is this happening to anyone else? Any suggestions to get it back working?

Same thing happening to me along with not getting my found logs on my caches. Can't run pocket queries either. I have Charter. This is frustrating and I thought it was a problem with Charter, but it all started about the same time as I noticed not getting notifications. I am starting to think the problem is on the geocaching.com end. How can we bring their attention to this problem and get some answers, they are not answering my e-mails.

This has been going on since way before the holidays, so I doubt that is the reason. I am hoping they are following these threads and can comment on what is going on. I posted the same topic over on another thread and it was deleted - I was hoping to get more replies and see if others are having the same problems.

This has been going on since way before the holidays, so I doubt that is the reason. I am hoping they are following these threads and can comment on what is going on. I posted the same topic over on another thread and it was deleted - I was hoping to get more replies and see if others are having the same problems.

Moderators do not delete threads except in rare cases. I closed your topic because it was a duplicate of this one, and was posted in the wrong forum.

You are welcome to whine, but please whine accurately. Thank you.

Moderators do not delete threads except in rare cases. I closed your topic because it was a duplicate of this one, and was posted in the wrong forum.

You are welcome to whine, but please whine accurately. Thank you.

:ph34r: Come on now, I was not whining, just trying to reach as many cachers as possible to try to figure this one out. I understand why you felt you had to close the thread, enough said. I just wish that the people who oversee these kinds of problems would help us with a reply to find out what is wrong.

I know this thread was posted a few months ago, but I have been having this problem for the past two weeks. I haven't been receiving any watch list emails, but still get forum notifications. I tried deleting my watchlist entries and re-entering them (fortunately I don't have many...), but that didn't work. I had hoped it was a temporary server issue... but it hasn't started to work.

Well, for reasons that aren't clear to me, the problem was my email account. I was using my Hotmail account (which happens to be a MSN Premium account.) After changing my GC email to another account, the watchlist emails started to come in. I don't understand why it stopped working.

I did submit a support ticket, which turned out to be an exercise in frustration. All I received was an auto-reply that contained a link to check the status of the ticket. However, the link didn't work, and I found no other way to view the ticket....

Just glad to have the watchlist emails again...

As of about the first of January, I'm not receiving emails from any logged caches, travel bugs, or geocoins.

I've check and resaved my profile, but that has not helped.

I've sent an email to another cacher, and that was copied to my email address on my profile, and have had emails from the BOT's from Groundspeak about weekly notifications and TB packages being sent.

So, I'm wondering if there is a glitch in the gc.com system. With over 350 travel bugs in the system, I get anywhere from 10 to over 50 emails per day, and have not for a few days now.

PS-My husband is getting all of the notifications on his account with a different email using a different computer.

I'm able to send emails and be copied on them using cacher profiles. Another cacher across the country emailed me to say that it could be a glitch with the upgrades in system, and all those emails may come flying in all at once. So we'll see.

I just like watching the movement of my many travel bugs, so hoping that this thread gets a moderator or helper notice.