Best GPS for $260

LaRobley

I would stick with a Garmin. Of course, part of my reason is because I think that Garmins are better. However, sticking with the same brand lowers your learning curve and allows you to use the same software, if you still have it and have not yet used the second license.

BTW, I've seen 60CSxs sold on ebay for less than $250.

Iam just Looking for opnions since I no Longer have my Garmin 60C. I have $260 available for a GPS and trying to Figure out what gps will give me the most for my money. Currently looking at the Explorist 500 for $180.00 new any input would be appreciated. :P

Did you like your 60C? If so, I'd recommend getting a 60Cx. I haven't used a 60Cx (used a 60 tho), but the only things I can think of that I prefer about the eXplorist (I have owned 3) are the lower upfront cost, the file storage system, and the unit's size. The 60Cx autoroutes better and has more support from the mfr and the community. The eXplorist no longer has the edge with reception and expandable memory because the 60/76 x-series are competitive in those areas now. The 60Cx should fit within your budget after the $50 rebate. And to repeat what sbell said, if you already have the Garmin mapping software, it becomes a no-brainer to stick with Garmin.

Edited by geognerd