Theme caches

horses11

My cache has a holiday theme (Holiday Stash) I swap out the swag 4 times a year (Halloween, Christmas/Sparkle Season, Valentines /St. Patrick's Day, Patriotic theme for Memorial Day/4th of July) Halloween items are currently in the cache till sometime in November.

:(Theme Caches.........I own 2, one is a button theme (take one / leave one) my other one is Hat-Pins.................the buttons has faired well most folks sticking to the theme, the Hat-Pins is not doing well (as far as staying with the theme) ....................Oh Welll.............. :laughing:

I only have one cache, but its a theme cache of sorts.

It is a multi- with successively larger heart shaped tins.

Along with this one there are two red herrings.

If you grab one of these, you will be led to a waypoint where the matching item you find says "You didn't follow your heart"

For example prominently on the side of a tree is a block of wood, the coords on the wood lead you to a telephone with a similar block of wood printed as above.

Another red herring is under a nearby rock-pile.

As of yet I don't think anyone followed the red herrings since the actual clue is pretty obvious too.

I just found a newly placed cache this weekend, GCYTDJ, Shore would Be Nice If I Won!!! Initialy stocked with a scratch lottery ticket, loggers are asked to trade tickets, and use one of two lucky pennys to scratch card.

I also placed a CD trading cache, GCTYH2, Disc-Covery. There has been an interesting mixof musical tastes traded at the cache.

Mine is a childrens book cache . . . an exchange of books that some kids use as a library. It has everything from Cat In The Hat to Tom Sawyer & Huck Finn plus Bible Stories, Potty Training - everything!

My favorite find was a MAP cache, maps from all over the world . . . I sat in the leaves and studied maps for 45 minutes, until I remembered my original purpose was to find caches.