Paperful Caching (is that the opposite of paperless?)

SG-MIN

I getting ready to take a caching trip to WV. I know the general area I will be in, but do not know the specifics. I am wanting to print out all the cache pages in the area (about 100). I know with GPX files you can view all the information (D/T, last logs, names, GP#, etc.) Is there a way with either watcher or GSAK to print all that information easily?

I getting ready to take a caching trip to WV. I know the general area I will be in, but do not know the specifics. I am wanting to print out all the cache pages in the area (about 100). I know with GPX files you can view all the information (D/T, last logs, names, GP#, etc.) Is there a way with either watcher or GSAK to print all that information easily?

GSAK has "condensed HTML" printing. Depending on the cache(s) you can get several on a page - much less room that printing each cache page. You can select whether logs/pictures are included, decrypt hints or not, include your user notes or not. Recently for one event I was able to put 10-11 caches on four pages (two double sided).

Just a thought....buy yourself a cheap PDA, download cachemate and you can have literally thousands of cache pages with you at all times, complete with decrypted hints and the last 5 logs. All of this will cost you less than a set of printer cartridges and a ream of paper. Plus, you won't have to spend hours figuring out which caches you want to find, then print out the page, then try to keep track of it out in the field. The kiddos and I went paperless a while back and it is a wonderful thing!!! Good luck and Happy Caching!!!!

What kind of GPS do you have? Before I became a PM and had a laptop to keep in the truck I hunted blind. (coords only) However, depending on your GPS, GSAK will configure you a custom waypoint name, that can tell you a lot of cache info, and unless it's a hard cache it's enough to keep you going. (That's why I have the laptop, if it stumps me I go to the truck and look at the details.)

My GPS displays the cache as: (Name/ Type/ Size/ (Terr/Diff) Last 4 log types/ TB status.)

Any thoughts, or would this have been better placed in another forum.

If you have the search list up in IE, what happens if you check "print all linked documents" in the options tab of the print dialog box?

Bumping after only a few hours is slightly annoying. Some people may not read the forum that often and the people that do have to read your topic twice.

Any thoughts, or would this have been better placed in another forum.

If you have the search list up in IE, what happens if you check "print all linked documents" in the options tab of the print dialog box?

Bumping after only a few hours is slightly annoying. Some people may not read the forum that often and the people that do have to read your topic twice.

That wasn't a bump (at least not intentional). After posting in this forum, I noticed that most of the conversation had to do with GPS and the software for GPS units. Since I didn't notice people talking about software like Watcher and GSAK, I thought another forum would be better.

I love your caching name by the way!!

Definitely possible with GSAK. Do a pocket query for the parameters you want. In GSAK select print from the file menu. Then for print format click the "condensed HTML" radio button. You can have it decrypt hints and you can tell it to print each cache on a separate page.

I also sort my caches by alphabetical order before I print them...that way when my GPS tells me I'm near a cache it's easier to find in the stack of papers.

>Then I got a Palm.

My Palm just crashed (looks as if I got water on the right hand side, but I didn't). I don't want to go back to 'hard copy'. Can I use my lap top computer (and which softwaqre) to get the same info that I get on my Palm's ".PDB" file?

Any help would be appreciated. tnx.

Sam

>Then I got a Palm.

My Palm just crashed (looks as if I got water on the right hand side, but I didn't). I don't want to go back to 'hard copy'. Can I use my lap top computer (and which softwaqre) to get the same info that I get on my Palm's ".PDB" file?

Any help would be appreciated. tnx.

Sam

Why not just use gsak if you have your laptop with you.It will have all the info neccesary and is the best $20 i have spent on caching.I carry a pda with cachemate all te time but on most of my trips I also have my laptop with me as well which has gsak.

Also if you have wireless internet on your cell or pda you can use wapgeocaching.com to look up cache info on the go