Dangers of caching No 154...

The Ollies

After spending a wonderful weekend with The Phillimore Clan, I have just recieved a call from Sue, to say John has ended up in Hemel Hempstead A&E, after being hit in the head by a golf ball, whilst doing a cache on thier way home.

Hopefully he is ok, and will suffer no more than a headache - slightly worse probably than the one Sue normally gives him B)

Seriously though, Our very best wishes John, and we will certainly be more cautious than ever next time we are on a golf course footpath. :(

Hope you are ok John! B)

Keith, Nat, Eryn & Kyle x

Good grief John, trust you are OK.

We will have to call you Petr Cech for now on...........................but then, maybe not.

The commentators who follow golfers around at championships use a gps to report yardage.

Not looking for a new career?

Edited by 2202

Wow; what can I say guys, I'm touched by your concerns B)

Well it looks like I survived, it'll take more than a golf ball to take me out Davey Boy B) . I sustained a big gash on the side of my head (glad I couldn't see it as I don't like blood, especially mine :( ) which the kind doctor patched up with 5 well placed stitches and gave me a free face lift at the same time. Well I shall be a little nervous next time I do a cache on a golf course, perhaps the PTB should consider a new attribute icon for golf courses.

Glad to see you're OK. Hope the drive home went without further incident. It must have been a fairway back to Oxford! Did you get back in time for tee by any chance? I suppose you still feel a bit rough, that would be par considering what has happened. Guess you wouldn't have seen it coming so had no chance to take cover in an air raid bunker should there happened to have been one nearby. Did Sue get a photo, did your hear her say watch the birdie just before the camera clicked? All the same I'd like to offer my sympathy with a pint of your favourite, join me at the 19th hole! :(

:laughing:<_<"FOUR"! :laughing:;)

FORE.......actually.

If someone shouts FOUR,nobody will react correctly. :laughing:

what are you supposed to do then? throw yourself to the ground, cover up your head? that will definitely get you thrown out of the club, because of you having messed up your outfit!!!

Edited by terrible2u

:laughing:<_<"FOUR"! :laughing:;)

FORE.......actually.

If someone shouts FOUR,nobody will react correctly. :laughing:

what are you supposed to do then? throw yourself to the ground, cover up your head? that will definitely get you thrown out of the club, because of you having messed up your outfit!!!

In my experience, stand still!

Had I not moved it would have probably missed

Nasty!

I was doing a cache in Caerphilly and i had to cross a golf course via a public footpath but the golphers don't like it so this one idiot tried to hit me....bounced on the path in front of me so I stopped and gave hima a nasty look.....hope your ok!

I'd have stood on it and made sure it was well 'plugged'

I was once told off by no less a person than Terry Wogan for jumping out of the way of his ball, if I'd stood still it would have bounced off me back onto the green, as it was he chipped over the green and into the rough on the other side - got a laugh from the crowd though.

Nasty!

I was doing a cache in Caerphilly and i had to cross a golf course via a public footpath but the golphers don't like it so this one idiot tried to hit me....bounced on the path in front of me so I stopped and gave hima a nasty look.....hope your ok!

I would have picked up his ball and lobbed it in the nearest lake if he had done that to me. John Philimore's story tells us how dangerous a golf ball can be, if somebody hit one at me deliberately then that is assault. If it hit me I would have no hestitation in reporting them.