Memorymap on PPC

Tiger-Eyes

Hi, I have just recently started paperless caching using a mio p550 i have memorymap and cachemate installed on it and gsak on my PC. I don't know how to get the icons onto mm on my ppc.

I have also been unable to get custom icons onto MM on my pc.

does anyone fancy writing an idiots guide to using memorymap with gsak also including using it on ppc. There may be a guide already that i haven't found yet.

Any help given will be much appreciated B)

Fi

Hi, I have just recently started paperless caching using a mio p550 i have memorymap and cachemate installed on it and gsak on my PC. I don't know how to get the icons onto mm on my ppc.

I have also been unable to get custom icons onto MM on my pc.

does anyone fancy writing an idiots guide to using memorymap with gsak also including using it on ppc. There may be a guide already that i haven't found yet.

Any help given will be much appreciated B)

Fi

I have this lot up and running, I believe that all you need to do is use the "Export Data to PDA" under the "PDA" menu. This sticks a file onto your PDA and MemoryMap displays it.

I also use the enhanced icons from Lordelph so get these displayed on my Ipaq...

If it all gets too difficult, Sue and I have just moved near you (to Dereham) and could assist you in person.

Hello all, I'm quite excited as this is my first forum post of any kind, ever!

Unfortunately I've got the same problem with MM on my ipaq. I've tried the 'export data to PDA' option, but when I open pocket navigator (vers. 4 btw) on the PDA it says 'userdata.mmo contained an unexpected object' and opens the map without any overlay objects. I've tried importing from GSAK to MM both as .gpx and .loc files but it doesn't appear to make any difference, any ideas?

Cheers, Marc

Hello all, I'm quite excited as this is my first forum post of any kind, ever!

Unfortunately I've got the same problem with MM on my ipaq. I've tried the 'export data to PDA' option, but when I open pocket navigator (vers. 4 btw) on the PDA it says 'userdata.mmo contained an unexpected object' and opens the map without any overlay objects. I've tried importing from GSAK to MM both as .gpx and .loc files but it doesn't appear to make any difference, any ideas?

Cheers, Marc

I simply download the waypoints from geocacheuk (mmc with descriptions if I recall) and import them into memory map. Then export them to my PDA.

I wanted to use lordelphs icons but it seemed too complex for me. Does anyone know of any simple instructions for installing them please.

Darren

Edited by D_Skids

Hello Fi,

Re the Lordelf icons, the script has to be run in GSAK. There is a somewhere on here a run through to help get it working but I can't for the moment remember where it is. I downloaded the Icons and played about for a long time with no success eventually finding the thread with the help on it. Getting it to work was well worth the perseverance as the new icons are fantastic and being pushed towards GSAK was worth it as that also is fantastic. You can make your download files appear exactly as you want them.

When its up and running an export file is ran in GSAK to generate a file in GPSBabel to upload to MM.

The only thing I cannot work out how achieve is a direct link from MM on the PPC to the cachepage in either GPSsonar or Cachemate on the PPC. Can anyone help on that please?

Download the icons and have a go, I'll try to find the thread with the help on it.

Regards

Bernard

Edited by bcnorwich

The only thing I cannot work out how achieve is a direct link from MM on the PPC to the cachepage in either GPSsonar or Cachemate on the PPC. Can anyone help on that please?

Check the FAQs in the GSAK help file. This question was also asked in the GSAK Support Forum on GSAK.net but I can't remember the answer :blink: IIRC it's simply a matter of ticking one box in the output menu

Edited by dino-irl