Map software

Have been using Mapopolis on my palm for a year or so. Changing to a Windows handheld. Thinking about a different software. Any ideas?

One thing I don't like about mapopolis is it is county by county. Kind of a pain.

Any body out there really love theirs? Will be using a bluetooth GPS.

Thanks,

Kayakanimal

Mapopolis can be annoying because of the limit of 20 muillion population especially since I'm in the NYC area. But it shouldn' t be that much of a problem in FLorida where you live.

I use Mapoplis on a PPC (with a CF GPS with Sirf III)>

One other advantage of Mapoplis if you have not tried it is gpxtomaplet that creates maplets from the gpx cache files you can download from geocaching.com or get from GSAK

This free program allows you to create icons of all the caches and overlay them over the mapopolis maps so you can auto route from one cache to the other. Or tap the icon on the Mapopolis map and get info about the cache including miles from home, D/T, cache type, cache name, etc. Have you tried gpxtomaplet??

Hey Kayakanimal,

Look into Street Atlas 2007, it comes with a PPC extension in the package. It also does routing from the PPC, although it will not do autorouting on the handheld, it will autoroute on the laptop.

I even download all of my waypoints through GSAK and they also show on the map, so I can get close, then switch to BeelineGPS.

I bought the Bluetooth version of the software, it links to both the laptop and handheld device.

Cost is around $50 to $150, depending on the version and GPS device you buy in the kit.

www.delorme.com or check out a Fry's if you have any nearby.

Hey Kayakanimal,

Look into Street Atlas 2007, it comes with a PPC extension in the package. It also does routing from the PPC, although it will not do autorouting on the handheld, it will autoroute on the laptop.

I even download all of my waypoints through GSAK and they also show on the map, so I can get close, then switch to BeelineGPS.

I bought the Bluetooth version of the software, it links to both the laptop and handheld device.

Cost is around $50 to $150, depending on the version and GPS device you buy in the kit.

www.delorme.com or check out a Fry's if you have any nearby.

Thanks but I do want autorouting on the PDA. I use GSAK and I see an export for TOMTOM. anybody that has used is like it or not?