Abbreviations

Slablog

I've come across the abbreviation "LP" on several caches, usually in the clues. I can't find what this means in any of the FAQs or info pages I've read. I know it has to be something very simple but just can't figure it out.

The only thing I could come up with is Light Pole. Could this be right?

Whazzit mean?...Please.

Edited by Slablog

I've come across the abbreviation "LP" on several caches, usually in the clues. I can't find what this means in any of the FAQs or info pages I've read. I know it has to be something very simple but just can't figure it out.

The only thing I could come up with is Light Pole. Could this be right?

Whazzit mean?...Please.

Light Pole is a reasonable guess. Hard to tell without seeing it in context, though.

OK while we are on the topic of abbreviations. I had one in Mexico where the hint read "170 ft ASL". it ws on the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean. What does ASL mean. Hopefully it does not mean JUMP.

BrettVet

Could be Atmospheric Surface Layer (ASL). More can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_layer

I would imagine that it would be 170 Ft. above the water....although you found it in Mexico, so it could mean something in Spanish.

TeamTettamanti

OK while we are on the topic of abbreviations. I had one in Mexico where the hint read "170 ft ASL". it ws on the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean. What does ASL mean. Hopefully it does not mean JUMP.

BrettVet

Age/Sex/Location....not wait this isn't a dating site....I'm guessing Above Sea Level.