milestone question

kati3l3unny

If I understand your question right, milestone geocaches can be done at any time.

Some people like the difficulty of the caches and will only go after the hard ones.

Who is to say that #76 is different than #1000? 76 may be very important to somone.

EDIT: Ok, 76 is different than 1000, but you get my point right?

Edited by unicyclist

I am not sure of your skill, but milestone geocaches are "milestone" for a reason. Either they are difficult, have a great view from the cache or nearby.

Good luck, what area are you going to?

kewaskum, wisconsin.

they arn't rated very high, a 3/1.5 seems to be the worst of the bunch.

kate

These sound like event caches (seeing that it's Wisconsin). Based on seeing the same thing at an event in another state, I believe you only log each milestone cache if you have achieved that level of finds. If you have 499 finds, you cannot log the 500 finds cache.

It is best to check with the cache owner or the event organizer, or read the cache page if the cache is listed on its own page here at Geocaching.com.

It looks to me that that geocache is a regular container with regular logging requirments. I think he placed that because HE found 1000.

Yes, I agree.

I was thinking more along the lines of this example, which was lined up in a row of "Trail of Honor" caches at GeoWoodstock III. There were separate logbooks on the picnic table for reaching 100 finds, 500 finds, 1000 finds, etc.